ADVERTISEMENT

Durr?

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
Crickets. Coach said it was his decision to not play him in the post game vs Penn St. I cannot find any info about his status. Have to figure he is getting a 3 or 4 game suspension just like Duncomb did earlier in the year. If he isn't available for Illinois that is too bad because we could use his big frame and 5 extra fouls to guard Cockburn. Bad timing, I guess. TJD has struggled vs big men like K Cockburn, Z Eddy and H. Dickinson in the past. Would love to see Durr back to see what he could do against KC. Oh well, CMW is handling things the right way and I appreciate his staying with what he deems is right in these situations.
Go Hoosiers!

Crickets. Coach said it was his decision to not play him in the post game vs Penn St. I cannot find any info about his status. Have to figure he is getting a 3 or 4 game suspension just like Duncomb did earlier in the year. If he isn't available for Illinois that is too bad because we could use his big frame and 5 extra fouls to guard Cockburn. Bad timing, I guess. TJD has struggled vs big men like K Cockburn, Z Eddy and H. Dickinson in the past. Would love to see Durr back to see what he could do against KC. Oh well, CMW is handling things the right way and I appreciate his staying with what he deems is right in these situations.
Go Hoosiers!
I’m sure we will see Durr vs Illinois. If not, maybe Duncomb could throw himself out there for five minutes and pleasently surprise us. Duncomb just needs minutes and I see him being a contributer next season.

Youhave to maintain discipline, camaraderie, rules,etc. The feeling I get from CMW is that he applies them more like a parent than a judge.
And we do not even know if it was a discipline. Could have been a match up issue, he felt a little sick, etc.

Youhave to maintain discipline, camaraderie, rules,etc. The feeling I get from CMW is that he applies them more like a parent than a judge.
And we do not even know if it was a discipline. Could have been a match up issue, he felt a little sick, etc.
One thing is he doesn’t talk. Keeps issues in house. Gives the rest of the team gag orders. I like that. Less distractions. Very knight like in that way.

Durr probably can.
Duncomb would struggle against good high school player's...Another one we have that was over ranked by 50 player's...
One very good 6'10 moble C/F from the portal please...
Considering Duncomb was a 4 star kid, who routinely outplayed some pretty high level bigs on the AAU circuit... your take that he'd struggle against good high school kids, is ridiculous.

NOT saying he's better than Furst, who is a contributing member of a top 5 team...But Duncomb did thoroughly outplay Furst multiple times last summer.

And with his few months of practice time against TJD and Race...he would DESTROY 99% of high school bigs right now. 30 and 20 type destroy.

Considering Duncomb was a 4 star kid, who routinely outplayed some pretty high level bigs on the AAU circuit... your take that he'd struggle against good high school kids, is ridiculous.

NOT saying he's better than Furst, who is a contributing member of a top 5 team...But Duncomb did thoroughly outplay Furst multiple times last summer.

And with his few months of practice time against TJD and Race...he would DESTROY 99% of high school bigs right now. 30 and 20 type destroy.
The only people who think Duncomb is better than Furst is our silly fans. Furst is very good. Duncomb outplayed him one time. Not several.

The only people who think Duncomb is better than Furst is our silly fans. Furst is very good. Duncomb outplayed him one time. Not several.
Yes it appears Furst is by far the better player at least at this point. Crying shame Woody wasn't on board sooner so he could have played for IU.

• Wow
Reactions: Uncle Courtsense
I didn't say he was better. Actually specifically said I wasn't saying that. And I've seen them play each other twice in person, and he outplayed Furst both times...for what its worth.

But again...I know that doesn't mean he's better than Furst. Just used as an example in countering Hatchet's absurd comment about Duncomb being outplayed by HS kids.

I didn't say he was better. Actually specifically said I wasn't saying that. And I've seen them play each other twice in person, and he outplayed Furst both times...for what its worth.

But again...I know that doesn't mean he's better than Furst. Just used as an example in countering Hatchet's absurd comment about Duncomb being outplayed by HS kids.
Agreed. Duncomb isn’t playing now because we have one of the best combinations at the 4/5 in the conference. Plus we brought in a big through the portal with a ton of experience. Based on his ranking and the small amounts that I have seen him, I believe he will be a major contributor down the road. Perhaps as early as next year. He looks very versatile to me with good energy and a pretty smooth jumper.

I was just pointing out the several and what I see as opposed to some. Wasn’t trying to bash.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01 and Beorik
Yes some got a bit out of hand based on a single game. I think it’s a difficult comparison because one will be playing stretch 4 and the other true center but I really like what I have seen from Duncomb in obviously short bursts.
All of our guys will be stretch guys. All will shoot the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
All of our guys will be stretch guys. All will shoot the ball.
Agreed that is what Woody is going for. I am pleasantly surprised at both Durr and Duncomb’s willingness and effectiveness at shooting the ball 15+ feet out. That’s not really something I had heard about them coming in.

I think that bodes well for Galloway, Geronimo, and Bates next year. Lane should be much more open for them.

Reactions: kkott
Durr probably can.
Duncomb would struggle against good high school player's...Another one we have that was over ranked by 50 player's...
One very good 6'10 moble C/F from the portal please...
I know this has already been called out, but I think you're thinking of him now and not next year. With a season of experience and a year of practices, training and player development I think LD would fair very well against any high school big except possibly the very elite. And, unless you have a lot of insight into the type of player, person and worker he is, you have no idea what his ceiling (or basement for that matter) could be for next year.

Reactions: Beorik
I know this has already been called out, but I think you're thinking of him now and not next year. With a season of experience and a year of practices, training and player development I think LD would fair very well against any high school big except possibly the very elite. And, unless you have a lot of insight into the type of player, person and worker he is, you have no idea what his ceiling (or basement for that matter) could be for next year.
Yes. It will be completely different practices and workouts being the #1 or 2 guy vs practice dummy.

• Haha
Agreed that is what Woody is going for. I am pleasantly surprised at both Durr and Duncomb’s willingness and effectiveness at shooting the ball 15+ feet out. That’s not really something I had heard about them coming in.

I think that bodes well for Galloway, Geronimo, and Bates next year. Lane should be much more open for them.
And Durr seems actually pretty good at it

Reactions: Beorik
They both will need to contribute next season
I believe they will. I really feel Durr with 15-20 mins per game next season perhaps isnt the worst thing. He can be solid. I can really see Logan Duncomb having a career at IU kinda like Luke Fischer did at IU…. I mean at Marquette. If TJD is gone, would be big for Race to comeback (can he?) and another 6’8” and up hybrid big that can shoot in portal.

This is where landing Clowney would have been huge.

All i’m saying is Logan Duncomb I feel will be very good for IU. Give the kid some time to actually, you know, get his feet wet and develope. Not everyone has to drop double doubles first semester or first season for them to turn out very good.

All i’m saying is Logan Duncomb I feel will be very good for IU. Give the kid some time to actually, you know, get his feet wet and develope. Not everyone has to drop double doubles first semester or first season for them to turn out very good.
Nobody said that. Not even me but the Duncomb better than Furst stuff is silly at this point.

• Haha
They both will need to contribute next season
Next season? WTF? You're right, of course, but I really hope they can give us something against Illinois.

the-future-is-now-old-man-19981540.png

I hope you're right, but I don't think he could play inside today (even as a college freshman) against, say, the high school versions of Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries or Benson or Tolbert and a high school McGinnis or Downing are far beyond his reach even today.

Now, if you want him to shoot jump shots and play outside instead of inside, you should hope he eventually can play at the college level as well as 7-0 Richard Mandeville (billed as IU's tallest player in history at the time but not an inside player at all).

I would like him to develop enough at IU so that he's compared to Blab or Lindemann -- he'll make more pro money that way than playing like Mandeville.

You seem to be saying that, after one year of college training and development, he will finally be able (as a college sophomore) to "fair (sic) very well against any high school big except possibly the very elite." I would certainly hope so, but I think he's better than that.

I don't want him to do what you said -- I want him to kick ass.

I hope you're right, but I don't think he could play inside today (even as a college freshman) against, say, the high school versions of Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries or Benson or Tolbert and a high school McGinnis or Downing are far beyond his reach even today.

Now, if you want him to shoot jump shots and play outside instead of inside, you should hope he eventually can play at the college level as well as 7-0 Richard Mandeville (billed as IU's tallest player in history at the time but not an inside player at all).

I would like him to develop enough at IU so that he's compared to Blab or Lindemann -- he'll make more pro money that way than playing like Mandeville.
I’m probably being too literal with this. There are plenty of current high school kids that are better talents than Duncomb is.

But 1) he isn’t a slouch…and he isn’t as weak inside as many are portraying him to be. 2) If he were to somehow go play, today, against ANY current high school kid, he’d have 30+. Probably an easy 30 too.

Give the top 20 or so bigs in HS a month or so of practice time with college kids, and that changes things obviously.

It’s probably not as big of an adjustment as it used to be, with how much AAU ball all these top kids play now, and many of them playing at the La Lu/Monteverde type schools. But the jump from HS to college is a huge leap. Those first few weeks/months aren’t easy on any of them.

We only see them when they end up playing in their games. Those summer/fall months are an adjustment for all of them.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I think it’s a bigger adjustment for bigs in college , because they usually don’t play game after game against other bigs . AAU is good for bigs , because it gives them more bigs to play against .

Reactions: mk24
IMHO, good high school players, including bigs, rarely make it to Power 5 schools. I think LD would dominate the majority of good high school bigs, except, as you point out, the ELITE high school players.

Durr played well v. future NBA talent, yet again.

It’s a plus Durr isn’t a 1 year grad transfer rental.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT