ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Team, unite! Should I attempt to build my own pergola?

8285692.0.jpg

This was our handyman. Best ever. About 6’8 in boots. Could do anything. For cash. Left to be a country singer. Massive loss to the neighborhood
Which country?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Because I thought I could build my own for about half the cost of the cheapest Costco one. And I prefer the look of wood (especially since I have a wood deck already).
Plus your time is worth something. The posts are wood too. The only metal is the roof. You can bolt it straight to your existing deck.

Reactions: BradStevens
Plus your time is worth something. The posts are wood too. The only metal is the roof. You can bolt it straight to your existing deck.
Dude, I spend time on here everyday. That tells you the value I place on my time.

But yeah, at this point, given all my projects and research I do on them to save a few bucks, I could've started a successful Nigerian business venture by now . . .

Dude, I spend time on here everyday. That tells you the value I place on my time.

But yeah, at this point, given all my projects and research I do on them to save a few bucks, I could've started a successful Nigerian business venture by now . . .
I've got a couple dozen Nigerian orphans ready to roll whenever you and @mcmurtry66 pull the trigger..

I have two dozen one or two day projects here at the homestead. One day I’ll just pay a contractor to come in and do it all.

Until then, my wife needs to have something to bitch about
I’ll up you one. I’ve got 3 months worth, at each of two different houses.
Wife doesn’t even speak to me anymore.
Ohhh the lengths I’ve had to go too, to make that noise stop!

I have an idea for a YouTube channel. A bunch of guys like me and Murt trying to do home projects and not knowing what we’re doing.

Dads Doing Stupid Shit is the title.
You guys would be HBO Max prestige tv Sunday night slot. Projects by day, 3up by night. Good for at least 3 seasons, then Murt splits off to have a Bravo show with his new family…I guess it’s off to the mountain then for you…

Last edited:
I hope to piss in or out of it one day. I went my first country concert last night. A lot of potential Dream Teamers running around. No need to ask, the answer is yes, my balls are hanging a little lower today.
Be very careful with your words. No bro country. Morgan Wallup etc. That’s not the dream team

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
I’ll up you one. I’ve got 3 months worth, at each of two different houses.
Wife doesn’t even speak to me anymore.
Ohhh the lengths I’ve had to go too, to make that noise stop!
You should have just taken it to the Lord.

Harrison beating up the guy was fantastic too. Whacking or whatever. That’s a great movie
I really liked it when Kelly bared her breast.

What a disappointment when, years later, she went gay.

Would love a pergola on my back deck. Looks easy enough.

Thoughts? Experiences? Advice?
Pergolas are useless.

At the height of the day, they create bad lighting, don't protect you from weather, don't keep bugs out and don't provide extra space for indoor pets or pets who might wander off if unattended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT