ADVERTISEMENT

Donna Brazille fired by CNN

HillzHoozier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2005
According to this NYT piece:

“We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” said Lauren Pratapas, a network spokeswoman.
So does this mean the DNC will lose 2 chairpersons on ethics issues in a matter of months? Does anyone think the DNC should keep Brazille?

“We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” said Lauren Pratapas, a network spokeswoman.
So does this mean the DNC will lose 2 chairpersons on ethics issues in a matter of months? Does anyone think the DNC should keep Brazille?
She's a temporary chair. They were never going to keep her.

Only the temporary DNC Chair, but she should be fired. No excuse for that whatsoever.

If the allegations against her are true, she is going to be unemployed for a long time.

Reactions: stollcpa and mjvcaj
Only the temporary DNC Chair, but she should be fired. No excuse for that whatsoever.
Two questions: are you ok with Clinton having the questions in advance?

Also, if wikileaks is credible enough that the DNC fires their chair and CNN fires the DNC interim chair from their network, do you agree that information revealed by wikileaks is sufficient to indict Clinton, if such information is brought forth? TIA

No.

Two questions: are you ok with Clinton having the questions in advance?

Also, if wikileaks is credible enough that the DNC fires their chair and CNN fires the DNC interim chair from their network, do you agree that information revealed by wikileaks is sufficient to indict Clinton, if such information is brought forth? TIA

No one is indicting Donna Brazille based on a wikileak.

Assuming your answer to both questions is 'no', are you saying that somehow Hillary should receive special treatment as compared to DWS and DB wrt what wikileaks exposed about them?

No one is indicting Donna Brazille based on a wikileak.
Brazille wasn't indicted, just fired. But it brings to mind the question, considering Clinton's postion as DNC candidate for POTUS, if receiving the questions in advance broke any* laws. Certainly a person with any kind of ethical compass would not have participated in sharing debate questions in advance of a debate.

Edit: autocorrect

Brazille wasn't indicted, just fired. But it brings to mind the question, considering Clinton's postion as DNC candidate for POTUS, if receiving the questions in advance broke any* laws. Certainly a person with any kind of ethical compass would not have participated in sharing debate questions in advance of a debate.

Sigh

Hillary's acceptance of the benefit of advance knowledge of debate questions is more of her ethical slime.

If you're interested in ethics, there's no way you can vote for Donald J. Trump...correct?

I totally disagree. We're almost at full employment, the economy is strong relative to just about everyone in the world. Not sure why you (and the rest of the Trump crowd) that the US somehow is in a bad place. It's not.

Correct. If ethics were the sole criteria for voting, I couldn't vote. The next 4 years will sink us further.

I totally disagree. We're almost at full employment, the economy is strong relative to just about everyone in the world. Not sure why you (and the rest of the Trump crowd) that the US somehow is in a bad place. It's not.

I know you are in a good place.

I am too, but probably not as good as you--financially anyway if automobiles were the metric.;)

I see help wanted signs all over the place. Denver and Colorado have fuller employment than the rest of the Country. Yet the homeless abound. Drugs are a huge problem. Many don't like cops. Large swaths of public and private lands near the border is off limits to ordinary use because of gangs, violence and smuggling associated with illegal border crossings. Public retirement plans our on thin financial footing. Social issues abound and are affecting economics in many different ways and different sectors. International students make up huge percentages of STEM educational seats while our drop-out rates are outrageous (but improving). Student debt is a huge problem and will be for a generation or more. Healthcare reform is a failure and needs overhaul. We have two horrible presidential candidates. Our national government is almost dysfunctional. I could go on.

All I know is neither of our two candidates have any hope of improving any aspect of the problems.

Of course, I agree there are problems...but I don't think the US is in some sort of awful place the way the Trump crowd likes to act. There are solutions to those problems, even if everyone doesn't agree on the exact way to achieve them.

I know you are in a good place.

I am too, but probably not as good as you--financially anyway if automobiles were the metric.;)

I see help wanted signs all over the place. Denver and Colorado have fuller employment than the rest of the Country. Yet the homeless abound. Drugs are a huge problem. Many don't like cops. Large swaths of public and private lands near the border is off limits to ordinary use because of gangs, violence and smuggling associated with illegal border crossings. Public retirement plans our on thin financial footing. Social issues abound and are affecting economics in many different ways and different sectors. International students make up huge percentages of STEM educational seats while our drop-out rates are outrageous (but improving). Student debt is a huge problem and will be for a generation or more. Healthcare reform is a failure and needs overhaul. We have two horrible presidential candidates. Our national government is almost dysfunctional. I could go on.

All I know is neither of our two candidates have any hope of improving any aspect of the problems.

Frankly I hate the way media hires people from both camps as commentators. If one works for a political organization one should not work for a news organization.
There's a difference between partisan commentators and shills & mouthpieces. MSNBC has the former, CNN the latter. Fox is the latter.

Hillary will not be able to govern in any meaningful way, and it won't be a failing of hers. The Freedom Caucus will see to that.

Poor Indiana. The brain drain lives on.
Yes, Illinois is just kicking ass wrt it's finances. Will it be the first state to declare bankruptcy? While states are currently not able to, if in the future they are, Illinois will be the first.

Illinois clearly has everyone else on smarts.

Reactions: stollcpa
Cool! Thanks for your 2 cents!

Yes, Illinois is just kicking ass wrt it's finances. Will it be the first state to declare bankruptcy? While states are currently not able to, if in the future they are, Illinois will be the first.

Illinois clearly has everyone else on smarts.

The person who communicated the question(s) get's fired but the person to whom she communicated the question and used them to prepare for the debate doesn't get fired?

I knew watching her in that Megyn Kelly interview after final debate that she was done. Was a total personal meltdown.
Yeah for sure. Complete embarrassment. Shame on her and anybody who knew that was happening.

Reactions: UncleMark

she gone. Rightly so. Good for CNN.

There's a difference between partisan commentators and shills & mouthpieces. MSNBC has the former, CNN the latter. Fox is the latter.

Say what you will, but Rachel Maddow has the best political show on TV. Hands down. The only close competition is John Oliver. Both provide very well supported commentary- and Maddow in particular is great at making connections that aren't always obvious on the surface. She is slanted- but she always backs up her chit. She's brilliant- even if you don;t agree with her politics.

All things considered is one of the more fair and balanced shows on TV. Compare that to faux news, where Hannity readily admits he's a fan boy of Trump. I can't believe people still take that network seriously. I really hope that they take a new direction after ridding itself of the sexual predator.

And FWIW, Lawrence O'Donnell is way over the top for even me. Just like Ed Schultz was.

Say what you will, but Rachel Maddow has the best political show on TV. Hands down. The only close competition is John Oliver. Both provide very well supported commentary- and Maddow in particular is great at making connections that aren't always obvious on the surface. She is slanted- but she always backs up her chit. She's brilliant- even if you don;t agree with her politics.

All things considered is one of the more fair and balanced shows on TV. Compare that to faux news, where Hannity readily admits he's a fan boy of Trump. I can't believe people still take that network seriously. I really hope that they take a new direction after ridding itself of the sexual predator.

And FWIW, Lawrence O'Donnell is way over the top for even me. Just like Ed Schultz was.
I've always loved Rachel. I like Chris Hayes too...he generally lets the other side speaks, treats them with respect, and sometimes plays devil's advocate.

I've always loved Rachel. I like Chris Hayes too...he generally lets the other side speaks, treats them with respect, and sometimes plays devil's advocate.
Maddow and Hayes are "tolerable" for this conservative. I will occasionally turn Maddow on, just to get the other side of things. While I disagree with most of her positions, she will at least offer me something to think about.

As for Fox, I understand the dislike of Hannity to the left, but I do believe that O'Reilly does try to keep things "close to the middle". While he clearly leans right, he too, often presents the other side, and will play devils advocate. Megyn Kelly, I also believe, will offer opposing viewpoints

Maddow and Hayes are "tolerable" for this conservative. I will occasionally turn Maddow on, just to get the other side of things. While I disagree with most of her positions, she will at least offer me something to think about.

As for Fox, I understand the dislike of Hannity to the left, but I do believe that O'Reilly does try to keep things "close to the middle". While he clearly leans right, he too, often presents the other side, and will play devils advocate. Megyn Kelly, I also believe, will offer opposing viewpoints
Yes, I'm full of respect for Megyn at how she handled Trump and Newt. I've been listening to her more lately.

LOL, Donna just can't keep her mouth shut. Click on the tweet below and read the comments. She ruined whatever semblance of career she may have still retained.

CwGaobfXEAA7Qqq.jpg

Say what you will, but Rachel Maddow has the best political show on TV.

We're like minded. I can tolerate Lawrence, but just barely. He's trying his best to be the next Olbermann. I must say the new Brian Williams 11th Hour has been well done.

The highlight of the campaign season for me has been Nicole Wallace. Conservative commentators with common sense and a conscience are few and far between.

We're like minded. I can tolerate Lawrence, but just barely. He's trying his best to be the next Olbermann. I must say the new Brian Williams 11th Hour has been well done.

The highlight of the campaign season for me has been Nicole Wallace. Conservative commentators with common sense and a conscience are few and far between.
Brian Williams' little fib was the best thing that ever happened to MSNBC, because he's still broadcast network quality, but stuck on cable probably forever.

If you lean left, L O'D seems great. Then you realize a lot of what he says is a stretch at best and, in any case, a distortion of reality. That's not helpful to anyone.

Chris Hayes is really sound, I think, and makes an effort to have a thoughtful conversation. Maddow is sharp and talented and open for real debate on her show, but it still feels like her show is more tilted toward "entertainment for liberals." Again, I think that stuff is corrosive. At least, I sure think it is when conservatives do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT