ADVERTISEMENT

Does IU staff know?

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
Seems that since around the time Romeo said he wasn't taking the final visit to IU that CAM is recruiting for 2019 and IU has not been mentioned with grad transfers anymore. Im hoping our staff knows what will happen Monday night and that it is for the best! Seems like IU is pocketing the extra scholarship for 2019.

Seems that since around the time Romeo said he wasn't taking the final visit to IU that CAM is recruiting for 2019 and IU has not been mentioned with grad transfers anymore. Im hoping our staff knows what will happen Monday night and that it is for the best! Seems like IU is pocketing the extra scholarship for 2019.
If open it should go to McBob.

Everything seems to point to this:
  • Comments from Ernest Watford from the in-home visit by Archie.
  • Flip by Andrew Slater (who is nearly ALWAYS right in the CB)
  • Several Grad Transfers (Ryan Taylor) that committed elsewhere.
I honestly believe he's gonna say INDIANA come Monday night at 7 pm. TMP, if he does you need to shoot me your contact info for that beer I promised a while back. :D

From past announcements, I think there could be a chance that the Langfords let some of the IU coaches know the decision very late on the day of the announcement but it's up to the family. Some other families have gotten upset in the past when they told someone "in confidence" and it leaked, thus ruining the players' ability to make a dramatic announcement.

Reactions: darkhawk returns

I hope so.

But, as Josh McDaniels showed, sometimes people change their minds at the last minute. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...just saying something about when to count chickens.

Reactions: IUgradman
Everything seems to point to this:
  • Comments from Ernest Watford from the in-home visit by Archie.
  • Flip by Andrew Slater (who is nearly ALWAYS right in the CB)
  • Several Grad Transfers (Ryan Taylor) that committed elsewhere.
I honestly believe he's gonna say INDIANA come Monday night at 7 pm. TMP, if he does you need to shoot me your contact info for that beer I promised a while back. :D

Just having him on the team next year will be enough. I personally have no doubt and haven't in quite some time that he'll be a Hoosier. When I posted I had a vision early last summer, as a joke, (I had a dream he, Brooks, and Watford were in IU unis) it was sent to someone close to Rome and they posted back, "lol - it will take an act of God".. Well, within six or seven months that person posted back "IU leads". Lord Frith works in mysterious ways.... vbg

Of course, now I've jinxed it, and he'll go to Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
I think they have to know. Word was Ryan Taylor was coming to iu if Romeo was not. All of a sudden he commits toanother school.

Yes IU knows his intention. Coaches make offers and accept commitments. Coaches get notifications regarding intent to commit. Now kid can always change his mind especially if coach blows it and can't keep a secret, which would create lack of trust. The coaches know but some may hope he flips at last second so they keep working he kid. It's a dance.
I hope it's IU.

If you asked me a couple of months ago I did not think we had a chance of Romeo coming to IU. Now with everything we are hearing I would be very surprised if he doesn't choose IU.
I've said all along that he is committing to IU and also that he is not commiting to IU and I am always right, just ask my ex wife.

Reactions: IULouie
I was in Bloomington today and I spoke to a young lady that was recently at a gathering with a member of the IU coaching staff. She asked him if he could comment on Romeo and he just smiled and said that he couldn't comment on it. Then I text an IU 2019 recruits mom and told her what I heard and asked her what her thoughts were on that and she said, EVERYTHING IS LOOKING THAT WAY.

So if Langfords told IU staff he was coming, did he notify Vandy and Kansas that he wasn't coming. Even if just telling the IU staff, man that's a big secret to keep sealed and for this amount of time. My guess is nobody knows except for a close circle of friends within the Langfords. It is a long time to keep everyone in the dark though.

Last edited:
Reactions: cshartle123
I do think they let the coaches know. I don't know when that timeframe is. I would think that it would be common courtesy. I do know one young man that made the calls to each of the coaches and notified them of his choice before his announcement. He's at Butler.

According to the Courier Journal, Romeo still has not decided.
They quote Romeo as saying he did not know where he is going as of last night.
They quote Tim Langford as saying the family will make the decision tomorrow night.

I would think if by some extreme outside chance it wasn't IU that Archie would know. Self and Drew know it likely isn't them as the choice. Very likely actually. But Archie has to believe he has his guy. But I can't believe that the Langfords are that sick and sadistic to leave Archie hanging. If it's not IU he's known for a while.

I would think if by some extreme outside chance it wasn't IU that Archie would know. Self and Drew know it likely isn't them as the choice. Very likely actually. But Archie has to believe he has his guy. But I can't believe that the Langfords are that sick and sadistic to leave Archie hanging. If it's not IU he's known for a while.
I thought it was vandy. The alpha dog!

I thougjt it was vandy and the alpha dog?

The psychology of following high school recruiting never ceases to amaze me. There has been zero information leaked by the Romeo clan, not one peep. Yet IU fans have convinced themselves that he is a lock to IU on Monday.

Everything is interpreted as a sign that Romeo is picking IU.
"My son dropped his pencil at school today and the eraser was pointing towards Bloomington. Romeo is a lock to IU." - check

"My hairdresser knows the janitor at New Albany and said he overheard Romeo use the word 'acidulation' in a sentence today and everyone knows that's code for he's attending Indiana next year. Why else would he use a word that has the letters 'I' and 'U' in it?" - check

Astonishing.

"zero information" that has gotten to you. You just don't know the right people, guess you'll just have to wait until Monday evening.

Righto.....it's like a Sherlock Holmes case. There's correct information and clues out there.....problem is trying to separate that from the 99% of bs that you see in the public space.....which I have no way of doing.

Just having him on the team next year will be enough. I personally have no doubt and haven't in quite some time that he'll be a Hoosier. When I posted I had a vision early last summer, as a joke, (I had a dream he, Brooks, and Watford were in IU unis) it was sent to someone close to Rome and they posted back, "lol - it will take an act of God".. Well, within six or seven months that person posted back "IU leads". Lord Frith works in mysterious ways.... vbg

Of course, now I've jinxed it, and he'll go to Vandy.
Yep. It’s IU.

The psychology of following high school recruiting never ceases to amaze me. There has been zero information leaked by the Romeo clan, not one peep. Yet IU fans have convinced themselves that he is a lock to IU on Monday.

"My son dropped his pencil at school today and the eraser was pointing towards Bloomington. Romeo is a lock to IU." - check

"My hairdresser knows the janitor at New Albany and said he overheard Romeo use the word 'acidulation' in a sentence today and everyone knows that's code for he's attending Indiana next year. Why else would he use a word that has the letters 'I' and 'U' in it?" - check

Astonishing.

So the respected recruiting analysts on 247 who put in their crystal ball picks for IU are doing it based on nothing? Jerry Meyer told the Topeka newspaper a couple of weeks ago that his sources told him it was a “done deal” Romeo is going to IU, and that Romeo had made up his mind. IU fans are not speculating.

Astonishing.
The psychology of posting junk on other teams' message boards never ceases to amaze me.

For example, some dude came here the other day and tried to claim that IU is never on TV. Wonder if he'll come back again and lecture us on what else he doesn't know.

Wait....that was you. And you're back.

Astonishing.

The psychology of posting junk on other teams' message boards never ceases to amaze me.

For example, some dude came here the other day and tried to claim that IU is never on TV. Wonder if he'll come back again and lecture us on what else he doesn't know.

Wait....that was you. And you're back.

Astonishing.
Owned

Astonishing.

You're right but we're all nervous on how sweet Bill will up his offer. Gotta be as much or more than Alexander's or Preston's deal. Maybe in the Jackson level??

That much money is hard to turn down.

Can we all just agree that if for some reason he doesn’t pick IU we don’t start with the typical posts...
“We didn’t want him anyway”
“We don’t need 5 star one and done recruits”
“He’s a bad kid who must have been paid”
“We’re better off without him”
Etc etc?

I think this is a less than 5% chance he doesn’t pick IU, but if he shocks us all please spare us reasonable posters this ignorant BS.

You're right but we're all nervous on how sweet Bill will up his offer. Gotta be as much or more than Alexander's or Preston's deal. Maybe in the Jackson level??

That much money is hard to turn down.
If there’s a bidding war, in this recruitment or any other, it wouldn’t just be from one school. The others would be involved too. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT