ADVERTISEMENT

Does IU staff know?

Can we all just agree that if for some reason he doesn’t pick IU we don’t start with the typical posts...
“We didn’t want him anyway”
“We don’t need 5 star one and done recruits”
“He’s a bad kid who must have been paid”
“We’re better off without him”
Etc etc?

I think this is a less than 5% chance he doesn’t pick IU, but if he shocks us all please spare us reasonable posters this ignorant BS.
I agree with this. Of course we all want him and badly. He'll make it ok for other 5 star studs to come play for Archie since he's never gotten one before. When he does choose IU he will instantly become my favorite Hoosier!

Just having him on the team next year will be enough. I personally have no doubt and haven't in quite some time that he'll be a Hoosier. When I posted I had a vision early last summer, as a joke, (I had a dream he, Brooks, and Watford were in IU unis) it was sent to someone close to Rome and they posted back, "lol - it will take an act of God".. Well, within six or seven months that person posted back "IU leads". Lord Frith works in mysterious ways.... vbg

Of course, now I've jinxed it, and he'll go to Vandy.

dumb

Can we all just agree that if for some reason he doesn’t pick IU we don’t start with the typical posts...
“We didn’t want him anyway”
“We don’t need 5 star one and done recruits”
“He’s a bad kid who must have been paid”
“We’re better off without him”
Etc etc?

I think this is a less than 5% chance he doesn’t pick IU, but if he shocks us all please spare us reasonable posters this ignorant BS.

Self has had four players in a row now busted for taking some kind of payments (Cliff had to sit out the end of his first year, Preston, Josh Jackson and now Sousa) but he's just an obtuse idiot to it all as he and his fans want you to believe.

I was just having fun with the Kansas guy.

If Romeo doesn't pick IU please promise me that we'll let him disappear for good like Wilkes. Stop with the Romeo is the greatest ever threads and simply move on to Davis and Brooks.

If he comes with a bodyguard, then it's not IU and vice versa. We all know how u IU fans act. Every team has some screw-loose fans, but I think y'all take the trophy.

We tried to do neutral sites. Can u really blame us after water bottles getting thrown us not to mention being spit on. I know a couple that had their children with them and they spit on the kids. I mean that is kind of disgusting if you ask me. If you came to Rupp, I know for a fact you wouldn' be treated like that. Some trash-talking, yes.

You're full of shit, and your fake friends and their "stories" are, too. And you know it.

Now go fk off.

We tried to do neutral sites. Can u really blame us after water bottles getting thrown us not to mention being spit on. I know a couple that had their children with them and they spit on the kids. I mean that is kind of disgusting if you ask me. If you came to Rupp, I know for a fact you wouldn' be treated like that. Some trash-talking, yes.
I'll take that as a "hell yeah y'all."

You really don’t have to lie to kick it.

Reactions: mike41703
We might have tripped a pole dancer or two, but I'm not buying the sptittin' on the kids.

We might have tripped a pole dancer or two, but I'm not buying the sptittin' on the kids.
Whethr they meant to spit on the kids or not is uncertain, but it' a fact that the spit was directed at the UK fans and it hit their children. Why do you think it caused such a up roar and the series was never renewed over it. I mean it is the past, so it doesn't matter, but at least own up to your BS.

Self has had four players in a row now busted for taking some kind of payments (Cliff had to sit out the end of his first year, Preston, Josh Jackson and now Sousa) but he's just an obtuse idiot to it all as he and his fans want you to believe.

I was just having fun with the Kansas guy.

If Romeo doesn't pick IU please promise me that we'll let him disappear for good like Wilkes. Stop with the Romeo is the greatest ever threads and simply move on to Davis and Brooks.

It is going to be hard when he will be performing on a really high level on the highest level. He is going to be special to watch for the next ten years or so.

Whethr they meant to spit on the kids or not is uncertain, but it' a fact that the spit was directed at the UK fans and it hit their children. Why do you think it caused such a up roar and the series was never renewed over it. I mean it is the past, so it doesn't matter, but at least own up to your BS.
The series was cancelled because you lost. Amazing, with all the TV cameras and camera phones and videos, nothing resembling these bullshit claims was ever captured. That's because it didn't happen. I was there. The only "spit" on Kentucky kids was their own tobacco drool.

The series was cancelled because you lost. Amazing, with all the TV cameras and camera phones and videos, nothing resembling these bullshit claims was ever captured. That's because it didn't happen. I was there. The only "spit" on Kentucky kids was their own tobacco drool.
Ok buddy. I'm not here to argue. I just know this was reported, not only by my friends, but numerous UK fans that were there.

Ok buddy. I'm not here to argue. I just know this was reported, not only by my friends, but numerous UK fans that were there.
Unfortunately for you, believing a bunch of damn lies that you have no personal knowledge of make you look foolish. Trying to repeat those lies to someone who does makes you look even worse.

You can call an apple a banana but it does not really mean that it is a banana. It does not matter how often you repeat lies; it still won’t make it true.

All of this coming from a program that thinks one 5 star recruit is going to turn them into a powerhouse.....but us(UK) fans are delusional.

If he comes with a bodyguard, then it's not IU and vice versa. We all know how u IU fans act. Every team has some screw-loose fans, but I think y'all take the trophy.

Now that's hilarious coming from a KY fan...

Maybe you took the old joke too seriously- What's the difference between a KY fan that was hit by a car and a squirrel that was hit by a car? There's skid marks in front of the squirrel...;)

"Most" of us wouldn't go out of our way to run over you..., but I wouldn't count on getting a ride if you were hitching in KY gear...(or even enduring few "brush backs")...

Maybe you took the old joke too seriously- What's the difference between a KY fan that was hit by a car and a squirrel that was hit by a car? There's skid marks in front of the squirrel...;)

"Most" of us wouldn't go out of our way to run over you..., but I wouldn't count on getting a ride if you were hitching in KY gear...(or even enduring few "brush backs")...

He could get pulled over for speeding in Scott County . . . even if he is just on the side of the road hitchhiking . . . .

Reactions: 76-1
All of this coming from a program that thinks one 5 star recruit is going to turn them into a powerhouse.....but us(UK) fans are delusional.
He's important because he'll make next years team very very good and be the first domino of high 4 and 5 star recruits to come play for Archie.

Reactions: IUgradman
It is going to be hard when he will be performing on a really high level on the highest level. He is going to be special to watch for the next ten years or so.

Enough please.

I love the kid as a ball player but jesus h...

He's a shooting guard. He's more than likely a combination of Malik Monk and Markelle Fultz. Good players, good potential but...shooting guards.

He understands the business of his brand, the pr, the good karma of his brand. It's great that he gets that which is why I think he is IU bound.

Him choosing IU is a business decision, a brand decision. Not coming from 'I'm a proud Hoosier that wants to represent the state at it's school'.

He goes to Kansas or Vandy and he'll become an afterthought for most...like Gary Harris, like Kris Wilkes.

Ya see Kansas fans and Vandy fans didn't experience Romeo mania. To them he's just a really good shooting guard who will be there for less then a year.

That's not much time to really build a brand with a new fan base.

See Wilkes again.

Yeah because we get more than one 5 star every year. Our backcourt next year will probably have 4 5 stars and 2 4 stars.

And this horrible behavior (supposedly) is just coming out NOW? 6-1/2 years later? Why wasn’t all this reported then?

Meanwhile, when was the last time 3000+ IU fans called up a referees business like BBN did because they were pissed about the calls in another UK loss? We’ll wait . . .

Reactions: hondo314
Enough please.

I love the kid as a ball player but jesus h...

He's a shooting guard. He's more than likely a combination of Malik Monk and Markelle Fultz. Good players, good potential but...shooting guards.

He understands the business of his brand, the pr, the good karma of his brand. It's great that he gets that which is why I think he is IU bound.

Him choosing IU is a business decision, a brand decision. Not coming from 'I'm a proud Hoosier that wants to represent the state at it's school'.

He goes to Kansas or Vandy and he'll become an afterthought for most...like Gary Harris, like Kris Wilkes.

Ya see Kansas fans and Vandy fans didn't experience Romeo mania. To them he's just a really good shooting guard who will be there for less then a year.

That's not much time to really build a brand with a new fan base.

See Wilkes again.

Wilkes or Harris are good players but not on Romeo’s level. He has huge potential to be an elite NBA player barring any injuries. He reminds me of Grant Hill in his prime in so many ways.

Last edited:
I hope so.

But, as Josh McDaniels showed, sometimes people change their minds at the last minute. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...just saying something about when to count chickens.

As Colt fans, we are very fortunate McDaniels changed his mind, that guy has the integrity of a pine cone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT