ADVERTISEMENT

Do you Buy what Cig is Selling?

Do you buy what Cig is Selling?

• He'll Yes! Win Big Year 1, baby!

• Maybe? I've been burned too many times.

• No. This is IU football. That never happens here.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's what scares me...if he's highly successful something will happen to him or he'll leave. I certainly do look forward to year 1. It will be interesting.

I also feel like we'll get an attendance bump early on.
There has never been a “successful coach” at the HC level at Indiana that has ever been poached. I love how the pessimism bleeds into worry about something that has never happened before. I for one would be thrilled if he was sooooo successful that other teams wanted him to come coach. I know money talks, but I think he looks at this as the ultimate challenge and would like to believe his goal is to be the first IU coach to win 100 games when he retires in 12 years.

There has never been a “successful coach” at the HC level at Indiana that has ever been poached. I love how the pessimism bleeds into worry about something that has never happened before. I for one would be thrilled if he was sooooo successful that other teams wanted him to come coach. I know money talks, but I think he looks at this as the ultimate challenge and would like to believe his goal is to be the first IU coach to win 100 games when he retires in 12 years.

If CCC ends up being so successful that he gets poached then I think IU would first attempt to throw money at one of his coordinators to break up the band so to speak and keep the ball rolling.

There has never been a “successful coach” at the HC level at Indiana that has ever been poached. I love how the pessimism bleeds into worry about something that has never happened before. I for one would be thrilled if he was sooooo successful that other teams wanted him to come coach. I know money talks, but I think he looks at this as the ultimate challenge and would like to believe his goal is to be the first IU coach to win 100 games when he retires in 12 ye

In our lifetimes, we've never had a "successful" coach by the standards of most schools. So we don't know what will happen when/if we do.

Our most successful coach ever, Bo, left for the Detroit Lions when the NFL wasn't that big of a deal.

My main concern along these lines is if he was moderately successful and left before the program was completely turned around.....say after a couple of years.

If CCC ends up being so successful that he gets poached then I think IU would first attempt to throw money at one of his coordinators to break up the band so to speak and keep the ball rolling.
Yes...or that QB coach. It feels like he's a real star who is friendly with the current OC but might be a prime candidate for a high profile OC position if we're successful.

If Coach Cignetti is very successful right out of the chute, then Alabama could be calling him and he would be gone but short of that I think he will stay at IU.

Reactions: red hornet
How about, “Yes, but I realize it’ll take a few years, and I expect steady improvement year to year”

Your choices are way too limited.
Cig says he will win big year 1. He either does or he doesn't.

"Yes he'll win big in year 1 but it will take a few years" doesn't really make sense right?

In our lifetimes, we've never had a "successful" coach by the standards of most schools. So we don't know what will happen when/if we do.

Our most successful coach ever, Bo, left for the Detroit Lions when the NFL wasn't that big of a deal.

My main concern along these lines is if he was moderately successful and left before the program was completely turned around.....say after a couple of years.
I think Hep had the makings of a successful coach. And I would never sell Bill Mallory short of what he did here, given what he had to work with. I think coach Mallory made people think what could be someday.

That's what scares me...if he's highly successful something will happen to him or he'll leave. I certainly do look forward to year 1. It will be interesting.

I am considering getting season tickets while the floor is low, that's how I feel about the hire. Born in '76, grad in '98, have been to plenty of games (as a kid, a student, an adult with my kids). Honestly the first time I've seriously considered getting on board full time.

At age 62, maybe he doesn't want to make another move? If he has success, and IU compensates him appropriately, he probably stays

I listened to his press conference on signing day and the call with Rhett Lewis...he definitely has an arrogance about him. Reminds me of that guy you meet that's full of SH#T and loves himself. I hope he can back it up in the BIG. Make me a believer!
I’m a little behind during the holidays but I read this and laughed hard. Great description. I’ve met many guys that were full of SH#T and loved themselves (particularly new hires at work!). Most of the time their house of cards comes crashing down - so based on life experience I have some concerns. However everyone deserves a chance and I hope he’s in the small percentage of talkers that can back it up. What choice does a program like ours have but to hire a confident guy and literally hope. I’m tired of our school and coaches looking foolish and being called the worst program in the history of college football.

Attendance bump- Not if the ticket office has anything
to do with it.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT