ADVERTISEMENT

DHSOIG: SS deleted Jan 6 text messages after OIG asked for them

PB, found it interesting your bringing up Nixon's Watergate and what you called the Democrats playing politics against Trump. This brings to my mind some of the differences between the Watergate era and the Democrats of today constantly investigating Trump.

For starters, Nixon, unlike Trump, had highly respected Republican members of Congress such as Senator Howard Baker willing to pursue investigations. Given this, Nixon couldn't argue the investigations were just purely partisan political witch hunts.

Just as important, citizens faithful to the GOP and Trump stand behind Trump's arguments. After Nixon's "Saturday Night Massacre" an NBC News poll showed that 75% of the public disapproved of his actions. There is no way in America today with our staunchly divided politics 75% of the people would turn against Trump.

Personally, I don't see members of Congress, given differing parties, opinions, and political ambitions, ultimately coming together on much of anything. This wasn't the case back in the days of Watergate,

With the internet (and the Russian bots) churning out disinformation as we have today, I dont think we will ever see 75% agreement on anything ever again.

With the internet (and the Russian bots) churning out disinformation as we have today, I dont think we will ever see 75% agreement on anything ever again.

Well, I think we have 75% agreement on it being bad to park on railroad tracks with a suspect in the back seat.

I think we can get to 75% agreement...it just can't be on politics or on a subject that has been addressed by political propaganda.

Well, I think we have 75% agreement on it being bad to park on railroad tracks with a suspect in the back seat.

I think we can get to 75% agreement...it just can't be on politics or on a subject that has been addressed by political propaganda.

Even with the railroad tracks thing, everything can be politicized. The obvious criticism of the knucklehead police brought out the super sensitive person to say “….well, be careful about criticizing the police!!!” Finding a political angle on anything is a skill both sides have in this game.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I'm sure the GOP propaganda machine can work out something to make it look like his idea.

Their sheep would believe even the simplest of photoshops after all.
Something the democrats never do. Have any democrats come out criticizing the FBI for the FISA court fiasco? Have democrats did anything but fall in line behind Hillary and bleachbiting emails?

Reactions: DANC
Have democrats did anything but fall in line behind Hillary...
It seems to me that most Democrats disowned HRC about 3 minutes after her election defeat and second-guessed themselves for picking such an awful candidate. Are you seeing cultist yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. that nobody else is seeing?

Last edited:
Something the democrats never do. Have any democrats come out criticizing the FBI for the FISA court fiasco? Have democrats did anything but fall in line behind Hillary and bleachbiting emails?
Butter emails......

Reactions: Bill4411

Democrats have been pretty meh on Hilary (probably part of the reason she lost to Trump). She does not have any where near the cult following of Trump nor anywhere near the same level of blind defense. Yes, dems downplayed the severity of her email server issue but that's about the best you can do with that yabbut.

Unlike Trump, Hilary complied with the investigation and stood before a panel and was grilled over her use of the email server. Trump and Hilary both had issues with confidential information but that is about where the similarities end because Trump refused to comply with the FBI and is now going to court over the issue. If Trump had returned the documents last year when he was originally asked then there would be a good comparison between the 2. As it is, what Trump did and is still doing is much, much worse than lock her up Hilary but yet his defenders never waver.

Name one dem that has had a major scandal (or multiple scandals like Trump) but enjoys unwavering support? Cuomo? nope Franken? nope Wiener? nope

Bill Clinton had a scandal but he disappeared from politics for quite a while after his term ended and hasn't been voted back into any office that I'm aware of.

I am unaware of any dems at the national level that have been as scandal ridden as Trump but yet remained a major player in politics with wide support from the dem voters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bill4411 and DANC

Googled this....Issues which vast majority agrees

Got this website

Website cited the following polling...

70% of Americans believe that the Roe decision should NOT have been overturned.

72% of Americans understand that climate change is happening.

87% believe books that discuss race or slavery should never be banned

71% of voters in a recent poll supported raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans to pay for the stalled Build Back BetterOpens a new window bill. Even 50% of Republicans backed that idea!

An even larger majority (69%) support Medicare for All (providing Medicare to all Americans).

Makes me wonder if these folks who were polled actually vote. Also passing laws in today's divided government which reflect these opinions isn't easy.

I think he meant people with tattoos showing support for Trump. Like having a tattoo saying MAGA or something of that sort.

Not just tattoos in general.
Okay. I haven’t noticed in tats like that.

And then you turn around and repost it by quoting it. SMH.
I wonder if it would have gotten the same reaction from him if someone had made the same post directed at me instead of danc.

I thought it was relatively tame compared to some stuff that gets said on here

It seems to me that most Democrats disowned HRC about 3 minutes after her election defeat and second-guessed themselves for picking such an awful candidate. Are you seeing cultist yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. that nobody else is seeing?
HAHAHA!!! What bullshit.

If the Dims ran Hillary in 2024 - and they might - you'd be first in line at the drop box - to vote for her.

Googled this....Issues which vast majority agrees

Got this website

Website cited the following polling...

70% of Americans believe that the Roe decision should NOT have been overturned.

72% of Americans understand that climate change is happening.

87% believe books that discuss race or slavery should never be banned

71% of voters in a recent poll supported raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans to pay for the stalled Build Back BetterOpens a new window bill. Even 50% of Republicans backed that idea!

An even larger majority (69%) support Medicare for All (providing Medicare to all Americans).

Makes me wonder if these folks who were polled actually vote. Also passing laws in today's divided government which reflect these opinions isn't easy.
People will tell pollsters anything. All these are woke positions pushed by the media and people don't want to be labled, so they tell the pollster what they think they want to hear.

It's a different story when no one's watching in the voting booth.

I am unaware of any dems at the national level that have been as scandal ridden as Trump but yet remained a major player in politics with wide support from the dem voters.
Only the President, who lied about not knowing anything about Hunter's 'business' and accepted his 10%.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
People will tell pollsters anything. All these are woke positions pushed by the media and people don't want to be labled, so they tell the pollster what they think they want to hear.

It's a different story when no one's watching in the voting booth.
What does that tell you that they are ashamed to admit their true feelings?

I wonder if it would have gotten the same reaction from him if someone had made the same post directed at me instead of danc.

I thought it was relatively tame compared to some stuff that gets said on here
I apologized to you in regard to a couple of my posts directed at you.

Maybe you could try it sometime.

What are you babbling about?

He talked about it in friggin Jimmy Kimmel. Lol. But I realize it was tough to keep up with all of the events of last year because because of the sheer quantity of lying.

He talked about it in friggin Jimmy Kimmel. Lol. But I realize it was tough to keep up with all of the events of last year because because of the sheer quantity of lying.
And..... so what?

that’s why Mike Lindell terrifies me: Brought documents referencing martial law to the WH after a provably secure election took place.

Something like that doesn’t give you pause?

Well the GOP are trustworthy and he would already jump off a bridge if they told him to so he would love martial law under them ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT