ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis stock goes up

Could have been worse. Cruz could have been on the plane.
Everyone in Texas would applaud that...

Meanwhile, speaking of Texas... Some interesting details in this story...

Everyone in Texas would applaud that...

Meanwhile, speaking of Texas... Some interesting details in this story...

I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling spending all day looking up posts from wherever to repost on here. We all know the anguish you must be going through about all of this. Or in truth is it just your misplaced hatred for Trump and finding a way to post political crap about anything and everything you can.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
What is cruel about being bussed to Martha’s Vineyard? That’s infinitely better than Chicago. We are well past a government following the wishes of the voters on immigration. If the people mattered to Biden, he would shut the border tomorrow. Instead we have air heads like Mayorkas and Harris telling us the border is secure. meanwhile people drown in the river, human trafficking and indentured servitude thrives, and fentanyl is killing thousands every day. All of this must change. DeSantis has it right.
It’s not infinitely better than Chicago..but you knew that.
Martha’s vineyard is a small seasonal island with very, very few jobs after Labor Day while Chicago has infinitely more job opportunities and has an infinitely larger Hispanic population. You either knew that or are willfully stupid.

Last edited:
As a Christian, don't you think they should be welcomed everywhere?

I thought only MAGA Christians didn't want illegal immigrants in the country?
The “what would Jesus do” crowd/hypocrites have pivoted to standing ovations for using humans as political props. I don’t really understand how that works for people with “deep beliefs” but…..

Reactions: DANC
The “what would Jesus do” crowd/hypocrites have pivoted to standing ovations for using humans as political props. I don’t really understand how that works for people with “deep beliefs” but…..
Two migrants have been named as plaintiffs in a lawsuit against DeSantis…are they being used as political “props”?

I vacationed on MV several years ago. I thought the place was boring as hell. A few cutsie coffee shops, restaurants, and galleries go a long way. No wonder people who like it there demand conformity from others, the sameness is palpable.
This is yet another hilariously stupid post from you. MV is boring/conformist compared to what? A large swath of virtually dead small towns/regions that bow down to Trump/Fox conformity and orthodoxy? The ”sameness” is very palpable in many states that hold too much sway, relative to their population, in our government.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Two migrants have been named as plaintiffs in a lawsuit against DeSantis…are they being used as political “props”?
Nice deflection but what does that have to do with the “what would Jesus do” crowd cheering people being lied to and moved for political pusposes?

I don't think the crowd is any more aloof than people at the ski resorts in Colorado. Now, if you want to see aloof you need to visit The Hamptons in summer.
A bunch of pretentious d-bags driving Porsches with personalized license plates no doubt…

Haha. But the border crisis….
Florida has one of the largest illegal immigrants populations in the country. That has been shown multiple times across this board over the past two weeks. What they don't have is a shared land border with Mexico where hundreds can walk across. They are still getting a flow but it isn't concentrated to certain areas like Texas where it is easier to pick up groups (who are literally sleeping on the streets) and move them.

Ha ha

Well, the 'deep beliefs' are only deep when they relate to a political view they want to push.

Always cracks me up these same people don't want 'religion' in government, yet they're quick to point out what government action they don't think is 'Christian'.

Pretty sure we call those people hypocrites.

Well, the 'deep beliefs' are only deep when they relate to a political view they want to push.

Always cracks me up these same people don't want 'religion' in government, yet they're quick to point out what government action they don't think is 'Christian'.

And what don’t we let these people do? Has mark published his deleting history?

I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling spending all day looking up posts from wherever to repost on here. We all know the anguish you must be going through about all of this. Or in truth is it just your misplaced hatred for Trump and finding a way to post political crap about anything and everything you can.
This doesn't even make sense. It's all over broadcast media, so I didn't have to "look up" anything. Do you not have a youtube account, and get recommendations based on your interests?

You likely spend more time on this board than I do, so please spare us the "I'm too busy living life" Bullshit...

"Well, the 'deep beliefs' are only deep when they relate to a political view they want to push."

Since his reference was a satirical comment on "Christians" not actually living up to what is supposed to be the core tenets of their beliefs, your comment is basically a self-own...

Trump? This article is about another legal issue confronting DeSantis.

Strange how my post about an actual news event sparked your ire. But this ridiculous post about a meaningless 2024 hypothetical poll draws no negative response...

"They love Desantis in Florida! Heck I think even shooter is a closet Ron far.

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

2024 FL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
(R) Ron DeSantis 52% (+8) (D) Joe Biden 44%
(R) Ron DeSantis 52% (+12) (D) Kamala Harris 40% .
(R) Donald Trump 47% (+3) (D) Joe Biden 44%"

And I may be getting my wingnuts confused, but I'm pretty sure bailey is the person who has gone to great lengths to criticize "summer polls" because they are too far out from the 2022 midterms? That's what I'd call UNintenetional irony...

Btw, you could have responded to the content of my post- it's open for discussion. But instead you chose to criticize the fact that I would dare to post it, in a thread discussing DeSantis?

The thread TITLE is "DeSantis stock going up". By it's very nature that is going to draw posts that support that premise, as well as posts like mine that dispute it. Does that make you butthurt?

"Well, the 'deep beliefs' are only deep when they relate to a political view they want to push."

Since his reference was a satirical comment on "Christians" not actually living up to what is supposed to be the core tenets of their beliefs, your comment is basically a self-own...

Trump? This article is about another legal issue confronting DeSantis.

Strange how my post about an actual news event sparked your ire. But this ridiculous post about a meaningless 2024 hypothetical poll draws no negative response...

"They love Desantis in Florida! Heck I think even shooter is a closet Ron far.

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

2024 FL PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
(R) Ron DeSantis 52% (+8) (D) Joe Biden 44%
(R) Ron DeSantis 52% (+12) (D) Kamala Harris 40% .
(R) Donald Trump 47% (+3) (D) Joe Biden 44%"

And I may be getting my wingnuts confused, but I'm pretty sure bailey is the person who has gone to great lengths to criticize "summer polls" because they are too far out from the 2022 midterms? That's what I'd call UNintenetional irony...

Btw, you could have responded to the content of my post- it's open for discussion. But instead you chose to criticize the fact that I would dare to post it, in a thread discussing DeSantis?

The thread TITLE is "DeSantis stock going up". By it's very nature that is going to draw posts that support that premise, as well as posts like mine that dispute it. Does that make you butthurt?
So about the lawsuit the migrants have filed vs DeSantis...

So if you didn't know the migrants that DeSantis shipped to MV are represented by an "activist" (Fox characterization)non-profit organization called Lawyers for Civil Rights. Together the group and their clients an advocacy group known as Alianza Americas have filed a class action lawsuit vs Ron and some of his cronies on behalf of the immigrants.

Now Fox wants you to know that the group Alianza Americas has benefited from grants from George Soros, because apparently that means they are horrible people. I think it's pretty much in line with Soros philosophy to provide funds for organizations who try to assist folks who need help, so I'm not partcularly shocked. But in the interest of full disclosure and to save others from having to dredge that up, I'm just posting the Fox article with all it's bizarre attempts to link Soros as if it's some grand conspiracy...

I do think that all of these various court cases continue to strip away any veneer that DeSantis is some sort of moderate. And I don't think his legal team is particularly adept at arguing constitutional issues before non-partisan observers/ judges either. He does great presenting his viewpoint in front of sympatico legislators and friendly crowds, but his record in judicial settings where he's not in front of a court dominated by his appointees seems pretty spotty...

So it will be interesting to see how this and the Warren issue and others play out in the days to come. Esp if the State of MA and their extremely popular GOP Governor (Charley Baker) who are conducting their own investigation end up getting involved in any litigation.

There seems to be a lot to entangle here- DeSantis's people even went so far as to misrepresent themselves as officials from the state of MA, complete with phony "official" brochures they used to further confuse and take advantage of the immigrants who had complied with US law and basically had the same status as any foreign tourist.

But Soros...

So if you didn't know the migrants that DeSantis shipped to MV are represented by an "activist" (Fox characterization)non-profit organization called Lawyers for Civil Rights. Together the group and their clients an advocacy group known as Alianza Americas have filed a class action lawsuit vs Ron and some of his cronies on behalf of the immigrants.

Now Fox wants you to know that the group Alianza Americas has benefited from grants from George Soros, because apparently that means they are horrible people. I think it's pretty much in line with Soros philosophy to provide funds for organizations who try to assist folks who need help, so I'm not partcularly shocked. But in the interest of full disclosure and to save others from having to dredge that up, I'm just posting the Fox article with all it's bizarre attempts to link Soros as if it's some grand conspiracy...

I do think that all of these various court cases continue to strip away any veneer that DeSantis is some sort of moderate. And I don't think his legal team is particularly adept at arguing constitutional issues before non-partisan observers/ judges either. He does great presenting his viewpoint in front of sympatico legislators and friendly crowds, but his record in judicial settings where he's not in front of a court dominated by his appointees seems pretty spotty...

So it will be interesting to see how this and the Warren issue and others play out in the days to come. Esp if the State of MA and their extremely popular GOP Governor (Charley Baker) who are conducting their own investigation end up getting involved in any litigation.

There seems to be a lot to entangle here- DeSantis's people even went so far as to misrepresent themselves as officials from the state of MA, complete with phony "official" brochures they used to further confuse and take advantage of the immigrants who had complied with US law and basically had the same status as any foreign tourist.

But Soros...

Your posts are the perfect cure for insomnia.

But Soros...

You know if Cray laughs at the post then it must have made some good points.

Reactions: cosmickid
The abolitionist movement was not sparked, in any direct sense, by the American revolution. Indeed there was local and regional antislavery sentiment even before the Revolution, limited to "we don't want it here" among northern states and likely derived from Quaker sentiment.

But the movement to abolish it entirely in all states really began in the 1820s then picked up steam in the 1830s. We know when southern states banned anti-slavery propaganda (late 1820s). We know when anti-slavery conventions were first held (1830s). and so on...

Last edited:
Is this sarcasm? Which part that he talked about do you think "re-write history?"
I think the point is that he proclaims he won't allow FL schools to indoctrinate kids, and then creates a "teacher's training" for how to teach "history" that attempts to do exactly that...

Originalism, abolition of separation of Church and State...

Some very strange ideas regarding slavery...Sort of ignoring the whole concept of chattel slavery...

Is this serious?

No one questioned slavery before Americans? Really?
Yep I agree that was an overstatement. His point that the Declaration of Independence kicked off a series of ideas that led to slavery ending in the world is something a lot of historians have supported, though, as a continuation of Enlightenment ideals. Im sure you’ll agree that Florida will not teach that no one ever questioned slavery prior to 1776?

Is that the only criticism or do you have more?

There was no great shift in anti-slavery sentiment for all states and territories in the 1770s. There were religious objections prior to that, mostly regarding local practices (notably the Quakers), and there was organized and distinctly political opposition to the entire institution of slavery arising much later (1820s, 1830s).

Yep I agree that was an overstatement. His point that the Declaration of Independence kicked off a series of ideas that led to slavery ending in the world is something a lot of historians have supported, though, as a continuation of Enlightenment ideals. Im sure you’ll agree that Florida will not teach that no one ever questioned slavery prior to 1776?

The fact that he says the American Revolution was the reason people questioned slavery.

If that were the case, why the 3/5 compromise in the 14th amendment? That was put in the year 1787 I believe, four years after the war. The south did that so they would have more seats in the house.

How is that sparking reason to question slavery?

I'd humbly suggest that DeSantis seems to be advocating the teaching of history is a way that mirrors the teaching that he claims to revile. Teaching that tries to somehow suggest the perfection and purity of what the nation's founders did is no better than the teaching that suggests the evilness and wrongness of what the nation's founders did. Thoughtful teaching of history would engender the kind of conversations and different perspectives about a past that we don't know all the details about that you are engaging in here (and regularly engage in overall).

I don't get the sense from DeSantis that he's interested in that kind of teaching of history.

Former slave here, I believe I may be able to offer some unique insights.

I see we got idiots up above dredging up the 3/5 compromise malarkey again. The 3/5 C was a difficult, but necessary political bargain, without which, the southern states would have never agreed to join in a single union. No 3/5 C, no U.S. as we know it today. Art 1, Sect. 2 even went as far to refer to them as "other persons" and not slaves. Clearly stating that slaves were, in fact, people and laying more of the groundwork that would bring about the end of slavery.

Obviously the founders were heavily torn and often hypocritical on the issue of slavery, but being the genius' that they were, they littered Easter eggs throughout the founding documents that they knew/ hoped would one day bring about the end of slavery.

Large changes are incremental in nature. It's something our legislators today, especially the democrats, fail to understand. It took centuries for blacks to be equal in the eyes of the law due to the cultural and economic factors working against them. It will take centuries to move off fossil fuels, and morons in Washington passing multi-billion dollar spending bills wont do a thing to accelerate the process.

Around the beginning of the 21st century America had all but solved the race question. But then the reverse racism set in, largely launched by Obama's hugely cynical 2012 presidential campaign and carried on by the modern racists like Ibrham X Kendhi and Nikole Hannah jones. Beating these people back may take decades but let us remember they are not as entrenched as U.S. slavery or dependence on fossil fuels. Their ideology is largely rooted in forces we have defeated before, Marxism. If we act quickly we can smother the racist ideas of people like Obama, kendhi, Biden and Jones in the crib.

All this to say that Desantis is correct in stating the that United States was not unique in it's embrace of slavery, but rather one of the strongest historical forces that brought about it's demise in the West.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT