ADVERTISEMENT

Debate fallout

It could all prove not worth it, anyway. Biden by all accounts was quite with it today. Could be the debate was an aberration, and he will never look that bad again. Maybe he has a great second debate. People forget and move on.

If that's what's in the cards, then dumping him and effectively conceding the election might not be too smart.
You are delusional. The man is on deaths doorstep. But you sit here and recite the “well behind closed doors he really has together” malarkey.

I didn’t take you for being so naive.

You are delusional. The man is on deaths doorstep. But you sit here and recite the “well behind closed doors he really has together” malarkey.

I didn’t take you for being so naive.
@ChicagoFineForNow , need a good place to hang with my youthful 50 year old friends in the South Loop today, near Soldier Field. They're going to the Stones concert tonight. Know any good options? Preferably, with ogling options of people your age.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
@ChicagoFineForNow , need a good place to hang with my youthful 50 year old friends in the South Loop today, near Soldier Field. They're going to the Stones concert tonight. Know any good options? Preferably, with ogling options of people your age.
Not fancy, but Flo and Santos is my favorite place in the South Loop. Good pizza, good beer. There’s not really any good ogling places in south loop so you creepers will have to take a beat.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Not fancy, but Flo and Santos is my favorite place in the South Loop. Good pizza, good beer. There’s not really any good ogling places in south loop so you creepers will have to take a beat.
Love Flo and Santos. You have good taste. Re ogling, I thought for sure you'd throw out a good Sunday brunch with trans performers.

Just wait until you're 50, bruv. It'll be here before you know it.

Reactions: ChicagoFineForNow
My bet is he announces he’s decided not to accept the nomination. Harris can throw her hat in the ring, as can other Democrats. They can campaign, but the nominee will have to be determined at the convention. I don’t think he’ll resign. That just adds more humiliation to the humiliation. I doubt the Democrats are good with replacing him with Harris she’s more unpopular than Biden.
A brokered convention involves trading of delegates to reach a result ordained by party leadership. That’s what will happen if Harris is president, or if democrats broadly settle on a non-Harris before the DNC.

An open convention is contested by multiple candidates, and the delegates’ vote is actually meaningful…it isn’t sewn up by leadership before the convention starts.

Either of those is possible, for the first time since 1976, if Biden drops out

A brokered convention involves trading of delegates to reach a result ordained by party leadership. That’s what will happen if Harris is president, or if democrats broadly settle on a non-Harris before the DNC.

An open convention is contested by multiple candidates, and the delegates’ vote is actually meaningful…it isn’t sewn up by leadership before the convention starts.

Either of those is possible, for the first time since 1976, if Biden drops out
I don't think that's a distinction that actually means anything, at least on the Dem side. A brokered convention and an open convention is the same thing: it means no one won on the first ballot, and all delegates are released.

No saying your distinction doesn't bring up some important aspects of how power is held and used, but there is no mechanism for Democratic leadership to preordain the outcome. If it ends up not being Biden, it's up the delegates, period.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don't think that's a distinction that actually means anything, at least on the Dem side. A brokered convention and an open convention is the same thing: it means no one won on the first ballot, and all delegates are released.

No saying your distinction doesn't bring up some important aspects of how power is held and used, but there is no mechanism for Democratic leadership to preordain the outcome. If it ends up not being Biden, it's up the delegates, period.
About half of the Dem superdelegates are elected officials. Its members of the House and Senate, governors, DNC committee members, and then a handful of distinguished retired politicians (basically Clinton, Obama, Gore, old congressional leaders, and DNC chairs).

He wasn't in this shape a year ago. He's declining much more rapidly now. That's how it happened with my father-in-law. He was obviously declining a bit when my ship visited Hawaii, as was his wife, but I only noticed it because I hadn't seen them in a year or two. I visited them at their house for dinner, but I'm fairly sure they didn't really remember that they had invited me. Their daughter lived down the street and hadn't noticed so after I told her she started watching them closely and it became obvious to her too. I don't think my FIL thought he was in the beginning stages of dementia at first. About a year and a half later he was essentially bed ridden and died soon after. The MIL had Alzheimer's and lasted four or so years longer. This is a sad thing to happen to anyone and I think it's happening to Biden. He may be in the first year of dementia.
He was obviously starting his decline when he ran in 2020.

Anyone who denies that wasn't paying attention. Of course it's even more obvious 4 years later, but let's not act like he was entirely with it when he ran. Yet you still voted for him.

Please! Demorats believe everything the leftist assholes say. The Russian collusion, the Hunter laptop not being real, Trump saying white supremacists are good people and Trump is racist. Maybe now you’ll get your head out of Biden’s ass and how the left lies and will do anything to win including destroying this great country.
Brad has not excused any of Biden's lies and has been proactive in pointing them out.

You may be thinking of someone else.

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1
He was obviously starting his decline when he ran in 2020.

Anyone who denies that wasn't paying attention. Of course it's even more obvious 4 years later, but let's not act like he was entirely with it when he ran. Yet you still voted for him.
You’re going to vote for a guy who continues to promote the lie that the last election was stolen and tried to use his influence as president to have it overturned.

So there’s that.

You’re going to vote for a guy who continues to promote the lie that the last election was stolen and tried to use his influence as president to have it overturned.

So there’s that.
Hillary and many other Democrats claim the election was stolen from them, so there's that.

I'll vote for someone who has a legitimate beef over the election over someone who doesn't generate any brain waves.

Hillary and many other Democrats claim the election was stolen from them, so there's that.

I'll vote for someone who has a legitimate beef over the election over someone who doesn't generate any brain waves.
He doesn’t have a legitimate beef - and neither did Hillary.

Of course, your vote belongs to you and you alone. So it’s not up to me or anybody else to tell you how to use it. But I will tell you, unequivocally, that you’re being lied to.

Reactions: Spartans9312

Of course, your vote belongs to you and you alone. So it’s not up to me or anybody else to tell you how to use it. But I will tell you, unequivocally, that you’re being lied to.
Of course he did. It's not his fault the courts wouldn't hear any of the cases. With states changing their election laws so close to the election, there was certainly a concern.

And you're being lied to. We're all being lied to by someone. What's important is if you can discern between actual lies and what the opposing Party is telling you what are lies.

I keep hearing how Trump lied during the debate, but I haven't seen any examples. Certainly not on the level of Biden's whoppers.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

I’m way past being sick and tired of being told that Trumps view of the 2020 election has any relevance to the 2024 election. That never-Trump-talking-point-dog won’t hunt. Some things are abundantly clear; Trump exaggerates and lies, Biden exaggerates and lies, the media exaggerates and lies, Democrats exaggerate and lie, Republicans exaggerate and lie. There are lies about 2020 election, about January 6, about Biden’s dementia, about Trumps golf game and on and on.

None of those lies has anything to do with the border, with energy, with inflation, with interest rates, with wars of attrition bleeding us, or anything else that is important to this country.

So let’s stop all this election acceptance nonsense. J6 was nothing but a popped pimple in the scheme of important issues we must confront.

Please! Demorats believe everything the leftist assholes say. The Russian collusion, the Hunter laptop not being real, Trump saying white supremacists are good people and Trump is racist. Maybe now you’ll get your head out of Biden’s ass and how the left lies and will do anything to win including destroying this great country.
Every word coming out of trumps mouth is a lie. Believe what you want.

I’m way past being sick and tired of being told that Trumps view of the 2020 election has any relevance to the 2024 election. That never-Trump-talking-point-dog won’t hunt. Some things are abundantly clear; Trump exaggerates and lies, Biden exaggerates and lies, the media exaggerates and lies, Democrats exaggerate and lie, Republicans exaggerate and lie. There are lies about 2020 election, about January 6, about Biden’s dementia, about Trumps golf game and on and on.

None of those lies has anything to do with the border, with energy, with inflation, with interest rates, with wars of attrition bleeding us, or anything else that is important to this country.

So let’s stop all this election acceptance nonsense. J6 was nothing but a popped pimple in the scheme of important issues we must confront.
You sir are in a cult,you believe all of the maga lies.

Plus 100%!

She didn’t claim voter fraud, conceded and attended the inauguration. She was even civil about it. Trump lied about voter fraud, did not concede and childishly didn’t attend the inauguration. Civility isn’t in his nature. There is no comparison. DANC is big on false equivalencies.

It could all prove not worth it, anyway. Biden by all accounts was quite with it today. Could be the debate was an aberration, and he will never look that bad again. Maybe he has a great second debate. People forget and move on.

If that's what's in the cards, then dumping him and effectively conceding the election might not be too smart.

The Dems have an opportunity to reset. A unique built in opportunity.
The same thing applies to the Republicans but they won't be smart enough to take advantage of it.

I agree, but I don't believe he believes there is a problem.
I think he probably knows that he has problems but the people pulling his strings wouldn't let him step down if he was on his death bed.

He debated in 2016 and he was not at all like last night. He was fine. Just normal aging same as we see with Trump, but Biden has a three year head start on him. Partisans in both side have done their best to exaggerate both of their conditions. Partisans on both sides eat that up with a spoon.
I don't remember much about him in 2016 but in 2020 he was already declining and it was noticable.. I will say that he was better in 2020 than he is today but in 2020 if you compared him to much younger years it was obvious to me that he had declined.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I don't remember much about him in 2016 but in 2020 he was already declining and it was noticable.. I will say that he was better in 2020 than he is today but in 2020 if you compared him to much younger years it was obvious to me that he had declined.
I meant 2020 and he was still very capable at that time. He wasn't the same as he was earlier in life, but who is? He had normal older person situation. He shouldn't have been running at his age, but he won because of who he was running against.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT