ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Dakich says he'd "urine" on Bob Knight's grave....

Bligedy

Hall of Famer
Sep 7, 2001
and is lecturing about IU basketball culture.

What did the staff he was on that got IU on probation do for the culture of IU basketball? He says these things and wonders why he's, using his words, persona non grata.

Dakich works the IU fanbase better than anyone. He bashes them to get people fired up, then he praises them to pull them back in and repeats the cycle. It keeps people listening to his show. Frankly, he's figured out how to keep his name out there.

That being said, I could care less what he says. He failed as a coach and IU had no interest in him as the guy in charge. It's bitterness.

What did the staff he was on that got IU on probation do for the culture of IU basketball? He says these things and wonders why he's, using his words, persona non grata.
He threw the bad guys off the team. He cleaned up Sampson’s mess for Crean. Crean came in with very few players and even considered reinstating a couple players Dakich ran off. Dakich did the program proud the short time he was in charge.

A drama queen fishing for ratings.

That seems like something you dont say about someone Knight’s age...

If her were 40-50 or so, but it’s too close...

A jaded girlfriend is all DD reminds me of. A wanna be coach that failed when given the chance. A guy on the staff that brought IU bball program to it's knees. A guy who has no respect for the man he rides the coat tails of. Shame he has listeners that enable him to stay on air.

He threw the bad guys off the team. He cleaned up Sampson’s mess for Crean. Crean came in with very few players and even considered reinstating a couple players Dakich ran off. Dakich did the program proud the short time he was in charge.
I do know that you broilee fans were sure glad that he was IU's head coach for a while. Dakich also ran some good guys off of the team.

Those guys he ran off, were they good students? Motivated to practice? Decent or better moral character (moral, not religious)? Were they attending their classes after Sampson (duh) was fired?

Last edited:
"Were they attending their classes after Wilson was fired?"

This Wilson? He wasn't fired, he sort of drifted off.

castaway533.jpg

I struggle believing this, not calling anyone a liar but man...that is tough to imagine if he was sober or not.

I'm pretty sure Bob Knight has made his wishes of people dying, well known. So Dan gave it back to him. Big deal. If he can dish it out, he has to be able to take it.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I do know that you broilee fans were sure glad that he was IU's head coach for a while. Dakich also ran some good guys off of the team.
What good guy did he throw off the team because everyone who left had some sort of problem at IU and most had problems after leaving IU.

Embarrassing if DD actually used the word “urine” when “piss” sounds so much better.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT