ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich torched Trey

If true...and if its Trey... Hard to blame him.

He's being publicly thrown under the bus by his head coach, for playing out of position, yet again...and running an incredibly inefficient offense.

Everyone will see how valuable a player Trey will be on a roster with capable, playmaking guards, so he can play more of a 2/3 position and utilize his overall versatility.

He has 1 more year of college eligibility...1 more year to maximize his NIL earnings. He might as well look for a place where he can be successful, and fully enjoy his experience.

If something like this doesn’t wake Dolson tf up nothing can. This is a kid who clearly loved IU, stood by the program when Archie got fired and everyone else but Leal was halfway out the door, and now he wants out if there is not a significant change. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Trey fanboy and I feel a lot of the criticism he has gotten at times this season has been justified. He’s not flawless, but, if it happens, this will not be a “normal” portal transfer and should be the death knell for Woody and this staff.

If something like this doesn’t wake Dolson tf up nothing can. This is a kid who clearly loved IU, stood by the program when Archie got fired and everyone else but Leal was halfway out the door, and now he wants out if there is not a significant change. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Trey fanboy and I feel a lot of the criticism he has gotten at times this season has been justified. He’s not flawless, but, if it happens, this will not be a “normal” portal transfer and should be the death knell for Woody and this staff.
Yea. Add this to the other 10 red flags. Bad!

I know it's pretty much the game...but is anyone going to question the whole NIL packages already being offered part? How the hell does that part get out so easily?!?

It could be...unless Woody replaces him with someone like the kid from Harvard, or the kid that Texas Tech got in the portal this past year, or someone like McCullar at Kansas...

If we end up losing Galloway, and X, and Leal, and Walker, and Ware, and Mgbako, and Banks, and Gunn...and don't replace them with good, B10 caliber replacements...then for sure death knell.

But if we replace these fellas with starter level guys, that level out our strengths, and we end up being better for it. No death knell...opposite of that actually.

It all depends on who he's able to bring to replace them.

It could be...unless Woody replaces him with someone like the kid from Harvard, or the kid that Texas Tech got in the portal this past year, or someone like McCullar at Kansas...

If we end up losing Galloway, and X, and Leal, and Walker, and Ware, and Mgbako, and Banks, and Gunn...and don't replace them with good, B10 caliber replacements...then for sure death knell.

But if we replace these fellas with starter level guys, that level out our strengths, and we end up being better for it. No death knell...opposite of that actually.

It all depends on who he's able to bring to replace them.
If he isn’t gone after this season the, last thing we need is for him to put together a passable team for next year. Every year he stays is one year away from having a real way forward to regaining relevance. He ain’t got it & ain’t gonna get it.

I was expecting several starters to leave, but Gallo wasn't one of them.
He's not a one-year rent-a-player from MV or the east coast. I don't see this as a good sign...at all.

Mass exodus coming? No one likes losing and hearing boos from the home crowd.
What a shit season this is turning into....
I think you’re right. It’s hard to go a whole year and not have one good win (at OSU isn’t really one). Things are bad on the court, I suspect behind the scenes is not great either.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I think you’re right. It’s hard to go a whole year and not have one good win (at OSU isn’t really one). Things are bad on the court, I suspect behind the scenes is not great either.
Not long ago, I was reading that Woody might not want Leal to take the covid year. He may end up.pleading with him to do so if Trey really bolts.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
In other news...Edey announces he's not coming back. Sad to admit, that's the best news I've heard all season.
Good. He was a great fit for Purdue, a giant lumbering ogre. Unfortunately he is very effective. If we can get through one more tourney with no Final Four or worse, that is a big bullet dodged.

Good. He was a great fit for Purdue, a giant lumbering ogre. Unfortunately he is very effective. If we can get through one more tourney with no Final Four or worse, that is a big bullet dodged.
Bring on the big swede

cc1DZt4.jpeg

Reactions: HillzHoozier
I think it is just as plausible that the conversation went this way.

SD - Hey Quinn, Stevens is out. What are your thoughts on the next candidate?
QB - Give Woody a call. He wanted the job when Archie was hired.
SD - I will. Do you think you could help out.
QB - Sure, whatever you need.
Lord I hope not...

"Give Woody a call. He wanted th job..."

Ugggh. Shit, give Borden a call. Ill fukin do it

My brother overheard on his flight last night a guy 2 rows behind him say Trilly is reporting Woodson and Wittman are going to tandem coach next year.
Oh God No! We don't need any more NBA coaches. The roster will be gutted expect everyone to enter portal or go to NBA.

My brother overheard on his flight last night a guy 2 rows behind him say Trilly is reporting Woodson and Wittman are going to tandem coach next year.
No, Wittman said if Woodson didnt start winning hed be flying coach.

I would suspect that is not universally true. And even if it is today, it's only a matter of time.
I think a judge’s ruling in Tennessee last week suspended the ncaas rules on NIL. Apparently there is nothing to stop schools recruiting hs students w money.

I noticed Wittman out on the floor talking to Woodson after the last home loss. Seemed a bit conspicuous. But that would not be something from the Trilly guy. So I would say I don't buy it. However, announcing something like that to the team might prevent an exodus. Still, I'm not sold on your rumor.

I noticed Wittman out on the floor talking to Woodson after the last home loss. Seemed a bit conspicuous. But that would not be something from the Trilly guy. So I would say I don't buy it. However, announcing something like that to the team might prevent an exodus. Still, I'm not sold on your rumor.
Yeah, now he's says the guy could have been talking about the flight attendant, who's name was Millie. He says it's possible the guy said "Millie said her IQ is gonna take a hit, man, as an attendant in coach."

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Alford already flopped at UCLA. He's also not been in the Midwest for decades. I think he'd be better than Woodson, but not a high bar.
He made three sweet 16’s in four full years at UCLA. When is the last time IU has done that?

Yeah, now he's says the guy could have been talking about the flight attendant, who's name was Millie. He says it's possible the guy said "Millie said her IQ is gonna take a hit, man, as an attendant in coach."
so Millie's hiring a hit man to take out Woody? got it.

Yeah, I don't get the 'Alford has proven he's average or at best a little better' takes.
He's won. He has some baggage, and I'd rather go after a younger guy. But Alford would have this team in Big 10 contention in year three. No doubt. He's won wherever he's been.
I didn't want him much at his age. ( But if it's true Buckner doesn't like him, now I want him. )
Say what you want about SA, but I'd bet he would've drawn in great shooters and a high free throw pct. to boot. Would have got Iu type kids that last 2-3 coaches missed on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT