ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich torched Trey

I think that I read that Dakich is on the lowest AM power station in Indy so I would expect more sensationalism from him in a quest to gain an audience.
If you are correct it confirms what I have thought for years. People higher up the ladder may not tell the hosts specifically what to say, but give broad direction. Lash out at a target, make accusations, creat controversy, etc.
Maybe I am wrong but so many people say such stupid things it just seems as if they must be doing it on purpose.

And the team. What they deserve. It's only going to get worse.
Really no reason to trash Galloway. The problem is he can't shoot. Because he's not a shooter. He's shooting more 3s than last year and the pressure is getting to him.....because he's not a shooter. He is getting more assists. He is more aggressive. My biggest complaint with him is that he's rebounding less than last year...........

Really no reason to trash Galloway. The problem is he can't shoot. Because he's not a shooter. He's shooting more 3s than last year and the pressure is getting to him.....because he's not a shooter. He is getting more assists. He is more aggressive. My biggest complaint with him is that he's rebounding less than last year...........
Has he worked on shooting??

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Buckner needs to be held accountable somehow. Not sure what can realistically be done, but hopefully people let their voices be heard about this.
Yea. I wish. He’s pretty untouchable as Chairman of the BoT. And in reality most people don’t know what he screwed up here.

And this is why we have sucked for 30 years. Bad admin + political meddling = bad coaching moves.

But he pretty much confirmed what we all know that woodson was quinn's hire. Said quinn hates alford.
I have never met Alford but, from people who have, they say you know when you've met him. It's either you love him or you don't, not a lot of middle ground. It has been some time though. Perhaps he's mellowed since then.

Reactions: bIhawk
I was never a big Alford fan, as a coach. But he'd win solidly here, maybe even big. Woodson had better show a huge improvement over the next 12 months.

And if Quinn dislikes Alford... - I love Alford now! Because Quinn B. appears to be worse than useless when it comes to the right decisions for IU. Not that I know him or what decisions he's pushed. Mostly based on what does come out.

I still don’t have the slightest idea why anyone believes the fact that Alford played here would make him a better coach than what he has proven to be everywhere else.

None of the players would care at all about him playing here before.

He is a slightly above average college coach at best. Those are a dime a dozen

I still don’t have the slightest idea why anyone believes the fact that Alford played here would make him a better coach than what he has proven to be everywhere else.

None of the players would care at all about him playing here before.

He is a slightly above average college coach at best. Those are a dime a dozen
At this point he would not be a better coach due to playing at IU, but year ago he certainly would have a recruiting gold mine not to mention the systemic advantages the IU program offers to coaches

Reactions: stollcpa
Him playing here has nothing to do with it for me. Would he coach the college game better than Coach Woodson? Very likely.
Could he use the NIL money and Indiana resources to put together consistently good teams? Probably. Would his familiarity with the midwest be helpful? Sure. Has Alford won solidly everywhere he's been? Yes.

Are there better coaches Indiana could get? Of course. Is Alford likely a little too old and the chance at this job has passed him by? Yes.

Reactions: stollcpa and ulrey
I was never a big Alford fan, as a coach. But he'd win solidly here, maybe even big. Woodson had better show a huge improvement over the next 12 months.

And if Quinn dislikes Alford... - I love Alford now! Because Quinn B. appears to be worse than useless when it comes to the right decisions for IU. Not that I know him or what decisions he's pushed. Mostly based on what does come out.
Brilliant

Him playing here has nothing to do with it for me. Would he coach the college game better than Coach Woodson? Very likely.
Could he use the NIL money and Indiana resources to put together consistently good teams? Probably. Would his familiarity with the midwest be helpful? Sure. Has Alford won solidly everywhere he's been? Yes.

Are there better coaches Indiana could get? Of course. Is Alford likely a little too old and the chance at this job has passed him by? Yes.

Alford already flopped at UCLA. He's also not been in the Midwest for decades. I think he'd be better than Woodson, but not a high bar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT