ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich running for Indy mayor?

Neves

All-Big Ten
Apr 11, 2003

Doesn't live in Indy, but accidentally door dashed to a bad part of the city one time.

DD has been a parody of himself for a while now … and is a recent poster boy for how hard it is to sustain success.

Success? He had success?

Proud to say that Dakich has blocked me on Twitter - well, one of my accounts

Dakich is perhaps the most mentally weak sports color guy out there. He blocked people who criticize him, he asks mods for bans on message boards… it’s really quite pathetic.

More importantly, a guy that fails at managing basketball teams, which is his realm of experience, shouldn’t be trying to dabble in politics/managing an entire city, neither of which he knows anything about.

Reactions: Neves and Noodle
For what it's worth, I like Dakich. Yeah, I haven't agreed with everything he's said, and I certainly think some of his criticism is warranted. That said, he had Michael Lewis on his radio show twice to talk about my brother dealing with ALS and his GoFundMe page skyrocketed with donations as a direct result.

I was at some TBT games in Columbus last summer and when I saw he was doing play-by-play I made a point to go down to thank him. I talked with him at halftime and he could have blown me off - he was working - but he seemed to sincerely care about what was going on and we basically talked right up until the horn to start the second half went off.

So yeah, it may be an unpopular opinion, but behind the public persona I think he's an alright guy.

For what it's worth, I like Dakich. Yeah, I haven't agreed with everything he's said, and I certainly think some of his criticism is warranted. That said, he had Michael Lewis on his radio show twice to talk about my brother dealing with ALS and his GoFundMe page skyrocketed with donations as a direct result.

I was at some TBT games in Columbus last summer and when I saw he was doing play-by-play I made a point to go down to thank him. I talked with him at halftime and he could have blown me off - he was working - but he seemed to sincerely care about what was going on and we basically talked right up until the horn to start the second half went off.

So yeah, it may be an unpopular opinion, but behind the public persona I think he's an alright guy.
I think it's entirely possible for someone to be an ass and a good guy at the same time.

I also see that Dakich is now hosting on the OutKick YT site, talking Russia and Ukraine. His guest is some guy named, Jason Hammer, a conservative talk radio host. Zelensky is being trashed in the comment section and some comments are pro Putin and Russia.

This can't be good.

I like Dakich

I‘m glad he was able to help your brother too.

Except for a select few Water Cooler/internet idiots, I don’t let somebody’s politics get to me.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
It’s not just politics, he can be an absolute ass. He tried to get an intern fired from his position because he didn’t like his questions. He picks fights with everyone. He’s a bully. I know he’s done some good, charitable things. But he often treats people poorly, makes fun of his callers etc.

It’s not just politics, he can be an absolute ass. He tried to get an intern fired from his position because he didn’t like his questions. He picks fights with everyone. He’s a bully. I know he’s done some good, charitable things. But he often treats people poorly, makes fun of his callers etc.
When he signed on to be an assistant for Kelvin Sampson….his character was revealed

When he signed on to be an assistant for Kelvin Sampson….his character was revealed
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't IU request he be put on the staff because the admin didn't like what was going on with Sampson?

I'm the last person to defend Dakich, but feel like I've heard that story before.

I also see that Dakich is now hosting on the OutKick YT site, talking Russia and Ukraine. His guest is some guy named, Jason Hammer, a conservative talk radio host. Zelensky is being trashed in the comment section and some comments are pro Putin and Russia.

This can't be good.

and yet we swore we would defend them in exchange for giving up their nukes.

right wing guy in video and most everyone else, seems to think that shouldn't count for anything.

businessman-with-crossed-fingers-and-stop-gesture-picture-id837581912

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT