ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich/Gameday

NatiHoosier

Freshman
Aug 1, 2014

So i tweeted at Dakich/Crimson Quarry about hosting their own version of game day, and got this response within ten minutes.

He is supporting Urban Meyer, the HC at OSU. He said he will be on their sidelines cheering them on. He bad mouths IU's HC at every opportunity.

Now he wants to set up a College Gameday at an IU football game? Why?

Reactions: indy1203
He is supporting Urban Meyer, the HC at OSU. He said he will be on their sidelines cheering them on. He bad mouths IU's HC at every opportunity.

I think when push comes to shove he roots for IU. He may hate CKW but i do think he cares about the students/school. The fact that he is teaming with the Media School to do something shows a bit of care IMO.

I think when push comes to shove he roots for IU. He may hate CKW but i do think he cares about the students/school. The fact that he is teaming with the Media School to do something shows a bit of care IMO.
Maybe this is about Dakich....and not IU Football. Just a thought....

Maybe this is about Dakich....and not IU Football. Just a thought....
I agree. I want to see DD show some positive concern for IU football when it doesn't involve his pal Urban.
I don't understand Dakich's obsession with berating Wilson. Undoubtedly at some point in his coaching career some media type targeted him for some perceived slight. You would think that a former coach would have a little understanding for a coach who defended his program when he felt it was being disrespected - even if he was on the receiving end of something harsh.

My own sense of it is that Dakich is really directing the venom at IU football fans in general for their open and intense dislike of Urban Meyer. While DD spends hours slobbering all over Urban's knob, IU football fans see him for the unethical POS human being he really is. It kills Dakich not so much that IU didn't hire Meyer but that IU fans still say we're glad we didn't. That is what he can't get past so he takes it out on the current HC who is a much more identifiable target.

IU fans loved Dakich as a player, supported him at his other coaching stops, and in general were appreciative of his willingness to clean up Sampson's mess. While most wanted a clean start to the program, I think most IU fans supported Dakich and appreciated what he did. I don't know why he seeks to alienate and piss off people who have historically treated him so well.

I agree. I want to see DD show some positive concern for IU football when it doesn't involve his pal Urban.
I don't understand Dakich's obsession with berating Wilson. Undoubtedly at some point in his coaching career some media type targeted him for some perceived slight. You would think that a former coach would have a little understanding for a coach who defended his program when he felt it was being disrespected - even if he was on the receiving end of something harsh.

My own sense of it is that Dakich is really directing the venom at IU football fans in general for their open and intense dislike of Urban Meyer. While DD spends hours slobbering all over Urban's knob, IU football fans see him for the unethical POS human being he really is. It kills Dakich not so much that IU didn't hire Meyer but that IU fans still say we're glad we didn't. That is what he can't get past so he takes it out on the current HC who is a much more identifiable target.

IU fans loved Dakich as a player, supported him at his other coaching stops, and in general were appreciative of his willingness to clean up Sampson's mess. While most wanted a clean start to the program, I think most IU fans supported Dakich and appreciated what he did. I don't know why he seeks to alienate and piss off people who have historically treated him so well.
Dakich took a gratuitous shot at Wilson (with considerable help from the Colts punter) and Wilson let him have it very directly, which pissed Dakich off. They haven't been pals ever since, and never will be.

As for Meyer, Dakich has always been a bit of a name dropper, even back to his college days. Meyer gives him the chance to run with the cool kids, something Dakich greatly values.

As for Meyer, do most IU fans have an "intense dislike" for him and regard him as an "unethical POS human being"? He's not my favorite and I know he had issues with players at UF, but I never viewed him that way. Just curious as to why others have such a vehement dislike for him.

Right because IU certainly has the moral high ground to question the ethical actions of coaches.............

For a former alum to be on the other sideline actively cheering the other coach and his team, no matter his affinity for the guy, is pretty low.

Good question, why?

Reactions: Chriselli

I don't think I've met these IU fans with an intense dislike of Urban Meyer. Pretty sure that's not a thing. Maybe it's just you. I most certainly have never heard IU fans claim that we're glad IU didn't hire Meyer - that could possibly be the dumbest football statement I've ever read, and I read message boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT