ADVERTISEMENT

D Green

lol ... I would never do that, I enjoy talking ball with you .. it has it's uses, but you really need other stats to validate it, there's just too many variables associated with +/- that as a stand alone it's practically worthless. It basically ignores the other lineup. There's a huge difference between playing against five Josh Newkirks and five Michael Jordans... but +/- doesn't account for it. It's almost if +/- believes all opponents are the same cardboard cutout and they can't move..

fwiw - I don't think we should get rid of him I just think Arch is trying to make a frog fly. Devonte is a scoring combo, not a point. I think Arch should come to that realization, and not only bench him but give him a green light to create for himself instead of trying to make him create for others. Frogs can't fly, if they try they usually just splat .. they can though jump. Free the frog, let him jump, and quit trying to make him a bird. lol ..

He doesn't even need to bench him, we can still have him guard other PG, and play him off the point on offense, as long as someone else has the keys (Romeo) to the team and in certain matchups - against smaller slower wings - use him at 2 with Phin. .I just don't trust him with the team in his hands.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make...just worded much better.

I was actually excited to see him and Rob play together effectively, because it doesn't have to be an either/or with those two.

We don't have to play Green at the point, and that's a great thing. He can spell it but yeah, this let's him be him for better or worse like you said.

I don't prefer having two small guards on the floor defensively...but good God that small lineup just destroyed MS on the defensive end.

Level of competition is obviously a factor but damn. They really looked like they all knew how to play the packline. Everyone rotated and helped, closed out on shooters quickly. Again MS only scored on free throws off of a technical.

It gives me something to look for going forward.

lol ... I would never do that, I enjoy talking ball with you .. it has its uses, but you really need other stats to validate it, there's just too many variables associated with +/- that as a stand alone it's practically worthless. It basically ignores the other lineup. There's a huge difference between playing against five Josh Newkirks and five Michael Jordans... but +/- doesn't account for it. It's almost if +/- believes all opponents lineups are the same cardboard cutout and they can't move..

fwiw - I don't think we should get rid of him I just think Arch is trying to make a frog fly. Devonte is a scoring combo, not a point. I think Arch should come to that realization, and not only bench him but give him the green (pun unintended) light to create for himself instead of trying to make him create for others or run a team. Frogs can't fly, if they try they usually just splat .. they can though jump. Free the frog, let him jump, and quit trying to make him a bird. lol ..

He doesn't even need to bench him, we can still have him guard other PG, and play him off the point on offense, as long as someone else has the keys (Romeo) to the team and in certain matchups - against smaller slower wings - use him at 2 with Phin. .I just don't trust him with the team or ball in his hands. A no confidence vote.

/\/\ This /\/\

This is what I want. I think it's Green's role.

However, without anything to support this, I think Miller sees enough in practice that he's determined to make Green a key part. He just needs to find a way to channel all the good he sees in practice from Green. Imagine Miller's frustration at times.

Green is one of those guys who get amped when the lights go on and the crowd is hyped. Green can make some spectacular plays. He can, just as readily, make some stupid mistakes.

/\/\ This /\/\

This is what I want. I think it's Green's role.

However, without anything to support this, I think Miller sees enough in practice that he's determined to make Green a key part. He just needs to find a way to channel all the good he sees in practice from Green. Imagine Miller's frustration at times.

Green is one of those guys who get amped when the lights go on and the crowd is hyped. Green can make some spectacular plays. He can, just as readily, make some stupid mistakes.
He has a very high ceiling, but also a very low floor. I wish he could get it all together and manage his game efficiently. I can't think of a previous player who had such a wide gap between good and bad.

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT