ADVERTISEMENT

D Green

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
Not sure why he’s getting so much playing time. Doesn’t bring much to the table. Need to see more of Durham.

Also, hoping to see Race tonight.

Reactions: ufo33
I'm liking Anderson more and more. He puts a lot of pressure on defenders to stay out on him making ball reversals more productive. Green is a good back up but I'm sold on Phinisee as the starter now. Durham still could increase his minutes as well.

I'm liking Anderson more and more. He puts a lot of pressure on defenders to stay out on him making ball reversals more productive. Green is a good back up but I'm sold on Phinisee as the starter now. Durham still could increase his minutes as well.
Good to see Al hit that 3. It was in rhythm and he looked like he shot it with confidence.

Durham started improving right at the end of last year. He has come into this season with strength and confidence and has worked to improve his shooting. I think he will do fine this year.

Durham started improving right at the end of last year. He has come into this season with strength and confidence and has worked to improve his shooting. I think he will do fine this year.
Durham and Green are both ballhogs. Not real good for a point guard play. Green dribbles too much. If both can include others in the game,they will improve.The pass to Langford was only play decent by both of them. Phinessee is way better than both and he hasn't even shown totally what he is capable of. Boilees are probably cryin' that CAM stole him out of their backyard.lol

Durham and Green are both ballhogs. Not real good for a point guard play. Green dribbles too much. If both can include others in the game,they will improve.The pass to Langford was only play decent by both of them. Phinessee is way better than both and he hasn't even shown totally what he is capable of. Boilees are probably cryin' that CAM stole him out of their backyard.lol

Oh no they are not. They didn't want him, just like everyone they recruit that they don't get!

I am surprised with Damezi. I only saw his last HS game and apparently he was sick with the flu but I thought wow this guys isnt going to do anything at IU but pleasantly surprised .

Not sure why he’s getting so much playing time. Doesn’t bring much to the table. Need to see more of Durham.

Also, hoping to see Race tonight.

Green brings a lot to the table, although sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. He can be sloppy with the ball at times. He's valuable tho and can really provide an offensive spark. Archie isn't a dummy and his minutes will reflect the kind of night he's having.

I think Durham should be in the rotation but I'm pretty comfortable with the amount he plays right now.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Fitzner, Damezi, McRoberts, and Phinesee shoot the 3. Very impressed with Fitzner! Romeo's shot has been off a little, but I look for that to change.

DG is playing very well. What game are you watching?
Yeah lol a combined 8 unforced turnovers against two of the worst teams in division 1. Can't wait to see him in the Big Ten again. He's the same player he was last year, out of control, low bb IQ, bad shot selection ect...He needs to be sitting on the bench.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Both DeVonte and Al play way too fast. They should be studying Romeo and Rob who play under much better control. The old John Wooden expression about being quick but not hurrying should be Archie’s mantra to DeVonte and Al. There’s a lot of wisdom in that saying.

The game I watched he had the most turnovers and was careless with the ball. Not a huge fan of his. Phinisee is our PG going forward.
Just remember DeVonte is not a natural point guard. Crean recruited him to be a scorer. He’s being developed by Arch to be a combo as much as possible. I think he’ll thrive playing the small lineup with Romeo and Rob.

Quit being dorks. Green will be fine. It’s beyond weird how quickly this board will trash someone like Green (Rob Johnson last year at times), but sprout a hard on anytime McBobs name pops up.

We were all waiting for Green to get it for two years. In two games he hasn't shown any improvement in the one area he needs to improve so that's why he gets "trashed". We also see his physical potential and have waited but after awhile potential needs to become results. Still waiting ... 24 months and counting.

Just remember DeVonte is not a natural point guard. Crean recruited him to be a scorer. He’s being developed by Arch to be a combo as much as possible. I think he’ll thrive playing the small lineup with Romeo and Rob.

In some ways he might be IU's most dangerous Player - trick is making sure he's consistently aiming at the right targets. :cool:

Reactions: T.M.P.
In some ways he might be IU's most dangerous Player - trick is making sure he's consistently aiming at the right targets. :cool:
If you're a coach how do you deal with an inconsistent player in crucial role? They are as dangerous to your own team as the opposition.

If you're a coach how do you deal with an inconsistent player in crucial role? They are as dangerous to your own team as the opposition.

Was clearly implied, but good question. Reckon it depends on he coach. BK would have raged, Davis wrung his hands and pleaded, Sampson no idea and Crean would have clapped. So far looks like Archie's given the starting job to Phinisee, reckon he can push DG even father down the bench with Aljami back in the mix, be a real tell if Quentin, Vijay or Johnny get a shot...

Last edited:
Devonte the PG should be no more as long as Romeo and Phinisee are healthy. Hopefully, we don't see much of a game when one of the 2 Frosh are not in the game being primary ball handlers. That said. Let's see how RP does when the competition ramps up but I like what I see so far. I like Green's defense and hopefully he can get the 3 point shot going much like RJ did when playing alongside Yogi.

We were all waiting for Green to get it for two years. In two games he hasn't shown any improvement in the one area he needs to improve so that's why he gets "trashed". We also see his physical potential and have waited but after awhile potential needs to become results. Still waiting ... 24 months and counting.

Green was a 3 star recruit. Like every other 3 star ranked kid, I don’t expect anything from them their first year. So, no, we all haven’t been waiting two years on him. Not to mention he was poorly coached his first year. Stop being a dick towards the kid. He plays hard, is a good defender, and by all accounts is a good kid. How about we cut him some slack and wait a few more games before we trash him.

Reactions: echs86
Green was a 3 star recruit. Like every other 3 star ranked kid, I don’t expect anything from them their first year. So, no, we all haven’t been waiting two years on him. Not to mention he was poorly coached his first year. Stop being a dick towards the kid. He plays hard, is a good defender, and by all accounts is a good kid. How about we cut him some slack and wait a few more games before we trash him.
Ugh, I haven't been a dick towards the kid at all, just pointed out some observations to form an explanation as to why people are complaining but I will to you, if you accuse me of it again.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Ugh, I haven't been a dick towards the kid at all, just pointed out some observations to form an explanation as to why people are complaining but I will to you, if you accuse me of it again.

The waiting two years comment was unfair to the kid. You really expect that much out of 3 star recruits? I’m cool with you being a dick to me.

The waiting two years comment was unfair to the kid. You really expect that much out of 3 star recruits? I’m cool with you being a dick to me.
Just let me know he is into his junior year when are we allowed to judge him? Because, he is in year 3 and through two games he's got 8 turnovers against the sisters of the poor. Not looking good so far.

It's not just that he turns it over, they are unforced turnovers that are caused by him trying dumb sh*t (no look passes, overdribbling ect...)and just making dumb decisions. He has the lowest bbIQ I've seen at IU outside of Troy Williams. He needs to be on the bench until he learns to value the ball.

There's little separation in Green/ Phinisee/ Durham abilities. .Green is probably the most dynamic imo.
Heck right now I'm a little disappointed in Langford..Where's all the New Albany fans saying he'll go for 25 a night..Id like to see 20 against Marquette and a team win...These first two team's were total crap..
Marquette won't be. .

There's little separation in Green/ Phinisee/ Durham abilities. .Green is probably the most dynamic imo.
Heck right now I'm a little disappointed in Langford..Where's all the New Albany fans saying he'll go for 25 a night..Id like to see 20 against Marquette and a team win...These first two team's were total crap..
Marquette won't be. .
Dumb...

Just let me know he is into his junior year when are we allowed to judge him? Because, he is in year 3 and through two games he's got 8 turnovers against the sisters of the poor. Not looking good so far.

It's not just that he turns it over, they are unforced turnovers that are caused by him trying dumb sh*t (no look passes, overdribbling ect...)and just making dumb decisions. He has the lowest bbIQ I've seen at IU outside of Troy Williams. He needs to be on the bench until he learns to value the ball.

After reading through the message board rule book. You are able to point out how dumb and terrible a player is after game 10. Troy Williams was a really good player for IU. I’m looking forward to the your next post calling another IU player dumb.

After reading through the message board rule book. You are able to point out how dumb and terrible a player is after game 10. Troy Williams was a really good player for IU. I’m looking forward to the your next post calling another IU player dumb.
Never called any player dumb, I said he makes, "dumb decisions" and has a low BASKETBALL IQ which is a fact. Has ever since he's been at IU. Maybe you should stop acting dumb yourself and learn to read. Don't accuse me of sh*t I didn't say.

Never called any player dumb, I said he makes, "dumb decisions" and has a low BASKETBALL IQ which is a fact. Has ever since he's been at IU. Maybe you should stop acting dumb yourself and learn to read. Don't accuse me of sh*t I didn't say.

Right on. You don’t have to keep responding me. We're not going to agree on Green.

Green is this year's punching bag and I understand why.

That being said, the small lineup which was Rob, Green, Romeo, Smith and Morgan was by far....for one night against a horrible team, the best lineup on the floor as a unit.

I hated playing 3 guards last year but even I have to admit that small guard lineup made Montana State want to cancel their program.

I didn't like Ron Nored on those Butler teams. He didn't seem to bring much but Coach Brad explained that Norad complimented Mack, Howard, Heyward and their center the best in games and in practice. It was their most productive starting five.

Hate on Green for being reckless but he's brought an energy, especially yesterday even though he didn't score.

Green is this year's punching bag and I understand why.

That being said, the small lineup which was Rob, Green, Romeo, Smith and Morgan was by far....for one night against a horrible team, the best lineup on the floor as a unit.

I hated playing 3 guards last year but even I have to admit that small guard lineup made Montana State want to cancel their program.

I didn't like Ron Nored on those Butler teams. He didn't seem to bring much but Coach Brad explained that Norad complimented Mack, Howard, Heyward and their center the best in games and in practice. It was their most productive starting five.

Hate on Green for being reckless but he's brought an energy, especially yesterday even though he didn't score.

I think he lost the PG job regardless. At least until we see how Phin does against a top level team.

Phinesee is by far the more in control PG. Green is trying too hard to impress, instead of making smart plays and valuing the basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01
Quit being dorks. Green will be fine. It’s beyond weird how quickly this board will trash someone like Green (Rob Johnson last year at times), but sprout a hard on anytime McBobs name pops up.

You all have been sayin this how many yeas now....?

Hes garbage, & needs to sit until he can atleast give positive play as much as he hurts us while playing.
Last year I praised his passing ability at times but thats about the tip of the iceberg foe him.

The game against Montana state he looked so uninterested .

I think he lost the PG job regardless. At least until we see how Phin does against a top level team.

Oh yeah I've given up on him being a point guard you can trust which is why I've been so pleasantly surprised to see Archie playing them together.

We still have the steady hand of Rob while being able to take advantage of Green's creativity as a combo guard.

I made a comment to myself during the end of the first half when those five we're playing together and absolutely anhiliating them that I wouldn't be surprised if this is Archie's 'winning' time lineup.

Offensively and defensively they completely dominated as a unit (which is how you want to use plus/minus, as a total group level).

Montana started the half with 19 and I still think they were at 19 when that fivesome started getting subbed out around the 14 minute mark.

The Green backlash is strong on every site I go to. He's the new Newkirk this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT