ADVERTISEMENT

CV19 Anyone well-versed on the worldwide demographics

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
I was curious how a country like India has only 30,000 cases, with a population almost 5X the US and we have 1,000,000 cases? Especially with the density of the population in Indian cities. I wonder how they've kept #s so low?

I was curious how a country like India has only 30,000 cases, with a population almost 5X the US and we have 1,000,000 cases? Especially with the density of the population in Indian cities. I wonder how they've kept #s so low?

They lie or do not test, just like Russia, China, Iran, and Trump. If you believe anything that Trump or those countrires say, you should drink some bleach and stick a UV light bulb up your ass.

They lie or do not test, just like Russia, China, Iran, and Trump. If you believe anything that Trump or those countrires say, you should drink some bleach and stick a UV light bulb up your ass.

Because the other side of Trump always reports the truth....

Yes, because he meant that literally. Agenda driven post by you....they are all liars is my point. What is your point?
Oh, yea you're right .. he didn't say you should inject disinfectant, he said the doctors should look into it ..

Which is something an idiot that couldn't pass a 5th grade science test would suggest.

*eyeroll*

How fking dumb do you have to be to look at this manly makeup wearing uneducated shit gibbon and think "leader"?

Reactions: iucutter87

Perhaps they have decided that the number of “cases” is not relevant, and the more important thing is how many folks need a hospital bed, an ICU bed, a ventilator or a funeral.

Counting “cases” is a waste of time. There will never be enough tests to make it an effective measure or tool.

Keep the potential carriers away from the old and at risk, whether they’ve been tested or not.

Give everybody a vaccine as soon as possible.

Monday’s mornings negative test result is meaningless by Monday evening.

The one thing you cant deny is the massive number of deaths in 6-7 weeks in Indiana alone...with all the prevention measures in place...Its already about 6-8x the general Flu season death toll...
A nearby town has 65 cases in a single healthcare facility...I hope the survival rate is high there...

I worry for my own parents, grandparents, and others...
So while I think myself and my own children are likely safe...we are not safe to visit my parents/their grandparents...and thats tough on everyone. However, I also dont know how or when that ends...

There is no right/wrong answer...and its not any fault to Trump.

The one thing you cant deny is the massive number of deaths in 6-7 weeks in Indiana alone...with all the prevention measures in place...Its already about 6-8x the general Flu season death toll...
A nearby town has 65 cases in a single healthcare facility...I hope the survival rate is high there...

So while I think myself and my own children are likely safe...we are not safe to visit my parents/their grandparents...and thats tough on everyone. However, I also dont know how or when that ends...

Kentucky has the same problem. Once it gets into a facility full of old and sick folks, it gets bad fast. But we’ve had zero deaths under age 30 and apparently you can feed it to young people for a snack.

The most cases are folks 30-50

But the deaths are overwhelmingly (90%) 60+, with 70% from folks 80 and over.

Being healthy when you get exposed is a HUGE factor.

Testing or the lack off plus they have a relatively young population -- the latter is quite interesting.

Where I am at, in Singapore, 80+% of all our cases are from South Asian migrant workers who live in relatively well-managed dorms. (In someway its a metaphor for Singapore itself. All living in tight closes spaces.) But they have been in lockdown for a few weeks now.

Anyway, there is like a total of like 12,000 (eyeballing here) confirmed cases out of our total of like 15,000. They are testing the hell out of the dorms at the moment. They have tested like 1 in 15 of them and they the numbers are growing. (That's equivalent to 22million tests for the US population and increasing by the day.) The moment you are positive, you are taken out of the dorm into another 'dorm' like facility and quarantined for two weeks.)

The results according to a frontline friend of mine (who's pictures has been posted here before) -- she said that their numbers increased because they are being tested a lot but will peak soon as the dorm lockdown measures would have kicked in.
The vast majority of them are asymptomatic as predicted -- which is the biggest issue so they will remain in lockdown and not allowed out of their campuses/facilities for the foreseeable future. Or they could do a community spread to the local population.

There have been no deaths out of the 10,000 cases so far.

Its basic stats right? You need a certain number of tests (%), sample to be able to provide a reasonably accurate projection for the real numbers.The first thing on needs to look at is the number of test per capita before you look at number of cases. Then look at the fatality rates. Singapore has done like 1/4 the number of total tests India has done with a 0.6% of India's actual population.

The actual number of cases in the case of India is inaccurate simply because of the lack of tests being down. Besides, at some point, the actual number of confirm cases become less relevant simply because the outcomes have been skewed by the high percentage of asymptomatics.

Ultimately, everyone should be judge on the unintended outcomes -- fatality rates. But Indian gets complex once again. Like with the dorms and ZERO deaths so far due to them being young, health, manual workers.

But in parts of India at the moment believe or not, they have old North American Swine flu running rampant. Its like Cuba for American cars but for severe acute respiratory syndrome.

Therefore, the deaths in India may be muddied by the old swine flu too.

So in many ways, this is typical India, nothing is ever so clear cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
Oh, yea you're right .. he didn't say you should inject disinfectant, he said the doctors should look into it ..

Which is something an idiot that couldn't pass a 5th grade science test would suggest.

*eyeroll*

How fking dumb do you have to be to look at this manly makeup wearing uneducated shit gibbon and think "leader"?

You missed the whole point which is very unlike you. They are all liars, you just choose to point in one direction.

Oh plenty of it is the fault of Trump. Not the virus, but his preparation, or lack thereof. And his constant lies. Those are on him.

You missed the whole point which is very unlike you. They are all liars, you just choose to point in one direction.
Oh but Trump is the best liar of all and to pretend everyone is a pathological liar like him is silly. No one stands in front of you and says the sun is out when it’s midnight, like Trump does. The sad thing is the minions that agree, yes dear leader and put on their sunglasses. Insanity.

Oh plenty of it is the fault of Trump. Not the virus, but his preparation, or lack thereof. And his constant lies. Those are on him.

He is so bizarre. It's amazing to me someone who is so vain and thin-skinned on the one hand will just blurt out stupid shit like the inject sanitizer thing and not hold it back to vet it so he doesn't get ridiculed. I really think his ego is so big that he just blurts shit out and is aghast when people actually don't accept it as fact and question it. He could keep a Psychiatrist busy for 3 lifetimes, if he had the sense to consult one.

Last edited:
Oh but Trump is the best liar of all and to pretend everyone is a pathological liar like him is silly. No one stands in front of you and says the sun is out when it’s midnight, like Trump does. The sad thing is the minions that agree, yes dear leader and put on their sunglasses. Insanity.

He didn’t do something dumb like ignore global statistics and claim millions will die just to politicize a pandemic and try to score political points, did he? That’d be awful.

Glad I’m not watching.

I call Bullshit on that. It is like looking at the Hoosiers through crimson-colored glasses, you see it from your view only. You all act like he has all the power to make every decision. I will say it again, a lie is a lie! They all LIE.

Im not a Trump guy myself, but you would think the Democratic party would have an easy time of defeating him based on your opinions. 300 million people and we are left to choose between Trump and Biden. How did we get here?

I've been asking myself this question for about 5 years now.... it's just in the first few years it was Trump and Hilary, how did we get here? Centrist candidates, although I guess that's what Biden would be considered, don't seem to move the needle enough. I thought Buttigieg or Klobuchar both seemed like the type of candidate who could corral Democratic votes and pull in Republicans and Independents who won't vote for Trump. I still think Hilary's undoing was not picking a black running mate.

Im not a Trump guy myself, but you would think the Democratic party would have an easy time of defeating him based on your opinions. 300 million people and we are left to choose between Trump and Biden. How did we get here?

It is hard to figure out how to break up a cult. Reason logic, and truth don't work. You just have to have the broadest possible appeal to all of the non-cultists, helping them recognize how dangerous cults are. You must motivate them to vote, as the cult tries to suppress their votes.

The cult is not the Republican party, except only temporarily. At least not my Republican party, since I first voted in 1980. Dick Lugar would be more like Mitt Romney, if he were here.

It is hard to figure out how to break up a cult. Reason logic, and truth don't work. You just have to have the broadest possible appeal to all of the non-cultists, helping them recognize how dangerous cults are. You must motivate them to vote, as the cult tries to suppress their votes.
First, they have to be removed from the constant peer validation process. Basically stop listening to King Orange of the Full Diaper, Facebook and Fox News. Then the reprogramming will start on it's own, and other better influences like family and friends can then make a more positive impact to return them to a delusion free normal.

They're not the brightest people to begin with though ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Circlejoe
Oh, come on. Your Trump defense is nowhere near realistic.

Technically speaking, there may be more than one liar. But there is only one liar who (1) puts himself on TV almost every afternoon for 2-3 hours to spew lies and intentionally-inflammatory messages, (2) stays up all night tweeting lies so that he dominates the early morning news cycle, (3) graciously goes on Fox News whenever he wants to either spew more lies he originated or to confirm the lies that Fox News (and its ratings consultants) originated, and (4) sends his mindless, zombie minions like Stepford Pence out there to echo all the lies he has already started.

Trump is the Free Space on the Bingo card of lying. It makes no sense for you to suggest that "They are all liars" is a valid reason for critics to leave Trump alone -- that's just what-aboutism on your part. It doesn't make sense to suggest that anyone devote time criticizing minor, occasional liars until the bigger problem has been fixed.

I'll make a deal with you though -- if you can show me that someone else is generating, spreading and sponsoring as many lies as Trump and who has as much influence over governmental policy as Trump, then I'll start criticizing him/her too. But I doubt you'll even devote enough time to tally up all of Trump's lies to establish the baseline for any candidate you might suggest.

same way Trump keeps his golf score low.

Reactions: kkott
Kentucky has the same problem. Once it gets into a facility full of old and sick folks, it gets bad fast. But we’ve had zero deaths under age 30 and apparently you can feed it to young people for a snack.

The most cases are folks 30-50

But the deaths are overwhelmingly (90%) 60+, with 70% from folks 80 and over.

Being healthy when you get exposed is a HUGE factor.
They say obesity, hypertension and diabetes are precursors for folks that will really get hit hard by this virus.

That’s a sizable % of the US population unfortunately.

They say obesity, hypertension and diabetes are precursors for folks that will really get hit hard by this virus.

I’ve lost 50 pounds, my BP is down about 50 points over 30 before my meds kick in, and my A1C is below 6.

But my arthritis meds suppress my already-screwed-up immune system.

6 of one - half dozen of the other.

But if IU plays football, I’ll rent a hazmat suit to go if I have to!

If you do a quick eyeball calculation of both elderly and chronics in the States, it's like 110million people who are vulnerable to covid.

He didn’t do something dumb like ignore global statistics and claim millions will die just to politicize a pandemic and try to score political points, did he? That’d be awful.

Glad I’m not watching.
So far we are at 269,000 and first wave isn’t close to being over. You seriously think we won’t hit a million by the time this is over??

I call Bullshit on that. It is like looking at the Hoosiers through crimson-colored glasses, you see it from your view only. You all act like he has all the power to make every decision. I will say it again, a lie is a lie! They all LIE.
So who is making these decisions? Lol

If I find a soybean in my pocket and my neighbor has a bin with thirty thousand bushels in it we both have soybeans. But guess what, we are not the same.

Last edited:
So who is making these decisions? Lol
Who is making the decisions? All I know is that I am the one making the decisions for me. It is up to me to determine what activities I wish to engage in in the circumstances I wish to accept. This is not a decision that I will allow to be made for me by career politicians who can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.

Reactions: flinke vent
Who is making the decisions? All I know is that I am the one making the decisions for me. It is up to me to determine what activities I wish to engage in in the circumstances I wish to accept. This is not a decision that I will allow to be made for me by career politicians who can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.
selfish ...

Your whole post is all about you. You have to share this planet.

selfish ...

Your whole post is all about you. You have to share this planet.
I think you are missing the point of my post. I don't want to be stupid and hold a House Party with hundreds of people or take unnecessary risks and put myself or others in danger. My point is that I get sick of politicians who look out and decide because one half of one percent of the population is incapable of making decisions for themselves therefore we have to act to protect ourselves from the least common denominator.
I need a Haircut, and my Barbershop is scheduled to open this week. Could I get the Virus by getting my Haircut? Yes. But that is a risk I am willing to accept, and take responsibility for. And that is my entire point. As things proceed back to normal, it is up to us to make decisions for ourselves and weigh the risks we are willing to assume. That is our personal responsibility, not a choice we can defer to Government and Politicians.

I think you are missing the point of my post. I don't want to be stupid and hold a House Party with hundreds of people or take unnecessary risks and put myself or others in danger. My point is that I get sick of politicians who look out and decide because one half of one percent of the population is incapable of making decisions for themselves therefore we have to act to protect ourselves from the least common denominator.
I need a Haircut, and my Barbershop is scheduled to open this week. Could I get the Virus by getting my Haircut? Yes. But that is a risk I am willing to accept, and take responsibility for. And that is my entire point. As things proceed back to normal, it is up to us to make decisions for ourselves and weigh the risks we are willing to assume. That is our personal responsibility, not a choice we can defer to Government and Politicians.

This is exactly the mindset that has gotten us where we are, which is unbelievable considering the resources & advantages we have. But only people having house parties are getting sick according to you...what a shame.

Reactions: Circlejoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT