ADVERTISEMENT

Cuomo “The case never should have been brought”

No, personal insults are when you go beyond the avatar in the forum, and attack someone for some perceived personal failing in their real life.
Again, calling some 'stupid' and commenting on their intelligence is a 'perceived personal failing" in real life.

You're applying the rules YOU want because you can't handle anyone attacking you personally. But you do it all the time to others.

Reactions: jet812
He was charged with 34 cases of that, per the article I linked in the post you responded to. The article states that his falsification of business records is a felony. Maybe you know more than CBS News, I don't know.
If the articles says that, it's wrong.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Again, calling some 'stupid' and commenting on their intelligence is a 'perceived personal failing" in real life.

You're applying the rules YOU want because you can't handle anyone attacking you personally. But you do it all the time to others.
I'm not applying any rules. I'm simply describing why I find certain types of insults to be far worse than others. You sling insults like you're breathing, so you have no place to stand in this discussion, anyway.

Wrong. The statute of limitations had run out on those MISDEMEANOR charges.

You all claim he was guilty of another felony, but you can't say what it is. That's how fvcked up this case was.
I just replied to dmb about this, but per the article I linked he was charged with 34 felony counts. Take it up with CBS News if you think that's wrong. Get them to issue a retraction/apology.

Restaurants are a bad investment right now, anyway. If you really want to get into food and drink, I'd invest in a small craft distillery. You can have vodka on the market in a year, and your first batch of whiskey two years after that.
That you create from scratch? The booze?

Restaurants are a bad investment right now, anyway. If you really want to get into food and drink, I'd invest in a small craft distillery. You can have vodka on the market in a year, and your first batch of whiskey two years after that.
Then what? Copack with another outfit for distribution?

Reactions: BradStevens
I just replied to dmb about this, but per the article I linked he was charged with 34 felony counts. Take it up with CBS News if you think that's wrong. Get them to issue a retraction/apology.
No, I'm taking it up with you, since everyone else knows these were MISDEMEANOR charges. And the Statute of Limitations had run out on them.

If the articles says that, it's wrong.
I don't know what to tell you. Read the article, take it up with CBS News and get them to issue a retraction. Or call Trump's legal team and have them sue them.

I can only go by what reputable news sources say. I wasn't in the courtroom for any of the case.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
I'm not applying any rules. I'm simply describing why I find certain types of insults to be far worse than others. You sling insults like you're breathing, so you have no place to stand in this discussion, anyway.
I sling the same types of insults you do, hypocrite.

You have no business being a mod if you can't control yourself.

No, I'm taking it up with you, since everyone else knows these were MISDEMEANOR charges. And the Statute of Limitations had run out on them.
Well, I'm referencing the article, so there's that.

Sorry DANC, I'm going to have to side with CBS News on this one.

Reactions: anon_mya1phvcpf5x4
I don't know what to tell you. Read the article, take it up with CBS News and get them to issue a retraction. Or call Trump's legal team and have them sue them.

I can only go by what reputable news sources say. I wasn't in the courtroom for any of the case.
Maybe read multiple news sources then. Everyone else seems to have figured it out.

That you create from scratch? The booze?
Then what? Copack with another outfit for distribution?
If you want it to turn into a large long-term return, yes, make it yourself. That will give you more valuable assets to sell down the road, if your goal is to eventually be bought out. If you're just trying to break into the market and develop a viable brand, then you can simply purchase a bottling facility, and buy your product from MGP in Lawrenceburg, IN. Then it all comes down to marketing.

Reactions: BradStevens
If you want it to turn into a large long-term return, yes, make it yourself. That will give you more valuable assets to sell down the road, if your goal is to eventually be bought out. If you're just trying to break into the market and develop a viable brand, then you can simply purchase a bottling facility, and buy your product from MGP in Lawrenceburg, IN. Then it all comes down to marketing.
I have friends of friends who I know who have done that with beer back when the craft beer stuff was taking off.

Reactions: outside shooter
A good friend is a VP of MGP. He has some great stories about the booze industry.

That place looks great!! Hilarious the guy went to law school. The brewmaster at one of the brewery start ups I know went to Harvard law. No one wants to do law.
I was there the week in March 2020 when everything was shutting down for COVID. It was sort of surreal. The place wasn't terrible crowded and you could tell some people were wondering if they should actually be there, but it didn't really stop anyone from having some fun there.

It's a really cool place. If you have time the next time you're in Indy, I'd recommend it. I'd like to go back.

Beer is too saturated right now. Hard seltzers are moving in that direction. But spirits is a stable market.
Yeah for sure. But spirits seems like there are too many options. One of the things we liked about edibles was the limited licenses and comparative selection in dispensaries. Booze I don’t know how you’d stand out

Has he been there for a while? That facility has been through a lot. Started as a Seagram's facility, then got spun off and bounced around a couple of different owners. Now it supplies product for multiple major brands.
Do you work in that industry in the greater Indy area? If so, I think we might know someone in common. An area manager for Southern Wine and Spirits.

Has he been there for a while? That facility has been through a lot. Started as a Seagram's facility, then got spun off and bounced around a couple of different owners. Now it supplies product for multiple major brands.
Several years at the company, but he doesn’t live there. He does a lot of traveling.

I was there the week in March 2020 when everything was shutting down for COVID. It was sort of surreal. The place wasn't terrible crowded and you could tell some people were wondering if they should actually be there, but it didn't really stop anyone from having some fun there.

It's a really cool place. If you have time the next time you're in Indy, I'd recommend it. I'd like to go back.
Yeah will definitely check it out!

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yeah for sure. But spirits seems like there are too many options. One of the things we liked about edibles was the limited licenses and comparative selection in dispensaries. Booze I don’t know how you’d stand out
Well, if you produce it yourself, you simply come up with things that no one else is doing. They don't even have to be meaningful. For example, if you're making whiskey, you, say, buy some used sherry casks, and age it in those. Now you've got Sherry Cask Aged Bourbon on a shelf in the liquor store, and no one else has that. Does it taste any different? Not really. But it sticks out.

Do you work in that industry in the greater Indy area? If so, I think we might know someone in common. An area manager for Southern Wine and Spirits.
I'm not actually in the industry. I just know a lot of people. I probably don't know the guy you know, except maybe in passing. Most of the Glazer's people I know are from up north or in their Ohio division.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Well, if you produce it yourself, you simply come up with things that no one else is doing. They don't even have to be meaningful. For example, if you're making whiskey, you, say, buy some used sherry casks, and age it in those. Now you've got Sherry Cask Aged Bourbon on a shelf in the liquor store, and no one else has that. Does it taste any different? Not really. But it sticks out.
That seems like a business for someone young who loves booze and the process etc

I don't disagree at all, but before he was exposed as a scumbag, the media was fawning all over him and was touting him as the next Democrat superstar. Same for Michael Avenatti.

The point is, his opinion was very influential and those who believe him (not saying you) are now downplaying his opinion because he's going against their narrative.
I see what you're saying.

My viewpoint hasn't really changed, regardless of what he's saying. I just discount it based on his sleazeball track record. There are plenty of other people worth listening to on whatever subject he's talking about.

Reactions: DANC
I'm not actually in the industry. I just know a lot of people. I probably don't know the guy you know, except maybe in passing. Most of the Glazer's people I know are from up north or in their Ohio division.
Oh - yeah, maybe you don't know him. He's been around in that industry forever and grew up in Indianapolis, so you probably have mutual friends at least.

Oh - yeah, maybe you don't know him. He's been around in that industry forever and grew up in Indianapolis, so you probably have mutual friends at least.
Yeah, most of the people I know in that industry are in Ohio, and the nature of alcohol distribution means that operations in each state are kept relatively separate from each other.

Actually, now that I think about it, a number of the big shots in that industry that I know are actually retired, now.

Yeah, most of the people I know in that industry are in Ohio, and the nature of alcohol distribution means that operations in each state are kept relatively separate from each other.

Actually, now that I think about it, a number of the big shots in that industry that I know are actually retired, now.
Southern Glazer’s? They’re massive. Private

Southern Glazer’s? They’re massive. Private
Biggest distributor in the country. The people I knew were originally with Hammer, which was a local distributor in northern Ohio, which got merged with...another Toledo distributor that started with a B, I can't remember the name. Berman, maybe? Anyway, after that merger, they got bought by Glazer's, and then a few years after I moved back to Indiana, Glazer's and Southern merged to form the behemoth that it is now.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Ole sex criminal himself spittin' obvious facts...

That's how delusional the left has become. Guys like Cuomo are suddenly moderate.
There will be a day this all comes around to bite democrats in the ass. There are going to be DAs in a deep red areas of the country do the same thing to democrats.

Since democrats are against presidential immunity can Texas go after Biden for murder after he leaves office since he allowed criminals to cross our borders and kill Americans?

Can DAs go after Biden for his botched surrender of Afghanistan? Americans lost their lives from his negligence.

There will be a day this all comes around to bite democrats in the ass. There are going to be DAs in a deep red areas of the country do the same thing to democrats.

Since democrats are against presidential immunity can Texas go after Biden for murder after he leaves office since he allowed criminals to cross our borders and kill Americans?

Can DAs go after Biden for his botched surrender of Afghanistan? Americans lost their lives from his negligence.
If Biden actually committed a crime, then he should be taken to court

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT