ADVERTISEMENT

Cryptic tweet

Ouch. That hurt.

This was the best one:

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting. I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning. I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

100% confidence, right?

So - on FRIDAY morning - BD was in town, presumably discussing the IU job. Yet Archie was talking to his dad THE NIGHT BEFORE in California after Sean’s Arizona team lost to Xavier he was being considered for the job. Make sense?

Last edited:
FROM WHEN ARCHIE WAS HIRED
I get some of the posters that constantly whine confused but is he one of those on here lamenting the Miller hire because Glass was set on hiring him and didn't look at anyone else? Or am I confusing him with someone some of the other knuckleheads? Because if so, he's contradicting himself (again).

"Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday."

Players graduAting in 3 years is a complete freaking joke, how is this even possible. What are they taking 20-25 hours a semester while playing full time. I don’t know about you guys but I had to bust my ass to earn a Biology degree at IU doing 15 hours a semester....and having no extracurricular activities except drinking heavily!

Players graduAting in 3 years is a complete freaking joke, how is this even possible. What are they taking 20-25 hours a semester while playing full time. I don’t know about you guys but I had to bust my ass to earn a Biology degree at IU doing 15 hours a semester....and having no extracurricular activities except drinking heavily!
Actually it is pretty easy because a lot of freshman comes into college with over 18 credit hours. My daughter started IU with 21 credit hours she earned while still in high school. Players stay all summer and usually takes 6 credit hours each summer session. If they take 15 credits a semester so that is 30 for the year plus 12 during the summer. Most degrees require 120 credits so it is pretty easy to get that in 3 years.

Reactions: minneman

Something is going on. Is leadership Archie - or someone higher?
The further this went along, it's become obvious that the true issue is La Lumiere is a NIKE sponsored HS and Indiana is an Adidas sponsored Collegiate program. IU/Miller kinda sold their souls to Adidas and Langford last season and NIKE has put the full court press on Brooks and did some damaging PR attempts because of it. Some people have bought into those PR attempts.

Is there a problem with IU leadership? Not like you'd think. I've noticed a shift in the type of players that Archie is now for the long term. Not as much top 25 guys. There's multiple reasons for that. But Brooks to IU wasn't going to happen when NIKE decided they didn't want to loose him as a client. And they won it for KY more than anything regardless of what other speculation you'll see on these boards or twitter.

The further this went along, it's become obvious that the true issue is La Lumiere is a NIKE sponsored HS and Indiana is an Adidas sponsored Collegiate program. IU/Miller kinda sold their souls to Adidas and Langford last season and NIKE has put the full court press on Brooks and did some damaging PR attempts because of it. Some people have bought into those PR attempts.

Is there a problem with IU leadership? Not like you'd think. I've noticed a shift in the type of players that Archie is now for the long term. Not as much top 25 guys. There's multiple reasons for that. But Brooks to IU wasn't going to happen when NIKE decided they didn't want to loose him as a client. And they won it for KY more than anything regardless of what other speculation you'll see on these boards or twitter.

Losing 10 of 11 is the reason why Brooks isn't going to IU.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Let me guess, you knew that it would be a disaster the moment it was announced, right? Oh, wait...
No I never claimed to know that. I thought he’d do great here. But I did know after last year’s debacle that I was wrong and have no problem admitting that.

Congratulation you are the only one in the country that called Archie Hire as a the worst in country LOL! I will take more experts than you who called it a great hire and won't make a judgment yet because it is way to early.
I didn’t know it at the time. But I was wrong. Like so many others.

Easy big guy. Your ego is clouding your reasoning.

Help me out then. Is this a GUARANTEE, or is this a BOLD PREDICTION?:

If we can't get Brad or Billy, my #1 choice is Archie...and it's not even remotely close. I mean there's a mile between anyone else on the list. The guy can recruit, he can coach, and he'd build the kind of brand we need at IU.

I'll let you decide.

I get some of the posters that constantly whine confused but is he one of those on here lamenting the Miller hire because Glass was set on hiring him and didn't look at anyone else? Or am I confusing him with someone some of the other knuckleheads? Because if so, he's contradicting himself (again).

"Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday."

Let's take a look at this one again:

I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

By the way, do you really expect Donovan to say "Yes I was interested in the job but they wouldn't meet my demands so I decided against it"? Of course he's going to deny interest if he didn't accept the job.

"He wasn't targeted until yesterday". If you click on the up arrow on the quote, it takes you back to when the post was made: March 25,2017. A Saturday. So - according to @fpeaugh - Indiana and/or Fred Glass didn't reach out to Archie until Friday, March 24th.

But that doesn't reconcile with the actual chain of events, according to John Miller - Archie's father.

From the article

"(John Miller) said he had no idea the IU deal was in the works when Archie arrived in San Jose, Calif., from Dayton to watch Sean’s No. 2 Arizona team get upset by No. 11 seed Xavier, 73-71, in a Sweet 16 game at the SAP Center.

Unbeknownst to John, before Archie got to San Jose, he flew into Atlanta, where he first met with Indiana representatives. He did so again in San Jose.

“When we lost to Xavier, we got back to the hotel and I was sort of in shock,” John said. “And all of a sudden Arch goes, ‘Guess what, Dad? I got a shot here (at the Indiana job). Whaddya think?’"

"Archie . . . flew into Atlanta, where he first met with Indiana representatives".
So - at the very least - Archie met with Indiana sometime midday Thursday, March 23rd The day before Donovan supposedly came to Bloomington.

Here's a couple more gems:

I did not say they were scared but why leave there stable job for this one where you would be fired after two years. Those coaches have proven that they can win where they are at and could do everything at those jobs that theu could do at IU

Very simple...$$$$$$$

Lots of it.

So, @fpeaugh , guys are just gonna jump to Indiana because of this big boatload of cash, right? Or so you tell us. Didn't you tell us the last time we hired a coach - that being Archie on March 25, 2017 - we were gonna spend big money then?

Didn't you say this:

It will be a home run experienced coach this time. The big $ is available like it hasn't been before. You're going to see a big league offer to an elite coach.

And

Yes he is, but the next coach will earn much more. There are going to be huge offers made to elite coaches.

So tell us, @fpeaugh , if the big money didn't work last time, why would it now - especially if we toss Archie out after only 2 years?

This ought to be good . . . ;)

Last edited:

So Brooks goes to UK because Nike is making him. OK. You think maybe Brooks likes the development of players at UK, Not sure Brooks is ond. UK has shown to have a program players get better over time. Maybe he likes that. Maybe Brooks likes the fact he will be on national TV for every game he plays. Even some practises. Maybe being on a team thats in position to make a run at a national title catches his eye. Maybe, just maybe knowing every game home and away will be treated as a event and just not another game grabs him by the boo boo. Nike probably helps in his decision. But going to UK compared to IU today, is just two different worlds if you.have a chance to get to the next level. Its not all about the development. Im sure IU has a great program in getting these kids prepared. The difference is the exsposure and honsetly, just the culture difference in the two programs right now. Believe it or not. Getting guys focused on what they need to do to get to the next level is a lot of the work. Some guys can go on talent. But a coach and program need to help these young men mentaly lock in on the work that needs to be done for some to make it. Ya you get drafted and make some nice quick cash. For those who want a ten fifteen year career. And get drafted higher. It takes more then just being physically gifted. The mind set for some of these kids is the hardest coaching job.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You might be right but I just don't understand how any one and done player could leave in good academic standing. Once the season is over I am pretty sure they don't stay and go to class but they are out training for the pre draft workouts.

They complete the classes they took. Just like any other student. They all log full time hours. Maybe easy classes but they do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT