ADVERTISEMENT

Crean should be considered for dismissal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a totally ugly posting.

Yep - there I go again: being a really big meanie. I really should stand behind my 8th highest paid coach, making 3.8 mil while leading us to a robust 52% winning on the court and countless, embarrassing incidences off of it. I should never question the leadership of IU's flagship athletic program because it is obviously headed in the right direction under 12 loss Tommy. Thanks for setting me straight Joanie.

Not really. I wouldn't want to be the next IU athlete caught doing something stupid, but "final warning" is more than a little overblown.

1st to last Final warning, then?

2nd to last?

Tell me - - how many Get out of Jackassland Cards does this coach's program have left?

7 incidents....10 players....2 years. If UK and PU had those #s we'd be blistering them.

I really don't think there's a ton of sand left in this hourglass. To put it in terms Crean and his crew can understand - we're working our way through the Johns with an eye on Jude......and you know what book comes next.

That blur you see on the horizon are 4 dudes on horseback.

Reactions: silvercamaro
You'd be incorrect. I'm not like some people here who seem to think that anything south of the Ohio or in W. Lafayette is automatically corrupt and contemptible. People are the same everywhere.

As for the police, I am merely observing that the relationship with them does not appear to be in great shape at the moment. There is probably plenty of blame to go around on that.

It would be great if you could stick to the issues instead of trying to make it about me and my supposed motivations.

If PU or UK had this many issues, I doubt you'd be so tolerant of the behavior...or so accusatory of the Lexington or W Laffy police

Yep - there I go again: being a really big meanie. I really should stand behind my 8th highest paid coach, making 3.8 mil while leading us to a robust 52% winning on the court and countless, embarrassing incidences off of it. I should never question the leadership of IU's flagship athletic program because it is obviously headed in the right direction under 12 loss Tommy. Thanks for setting me straight Joanie.
Nobody is criticizing you for being upset with the coach but what people make fun of you for is your childish name calling because you sound like a 12 year old.

Reactions: MartinJay
Which makes him like 80%+ of the other posters on this site.

So much negativity...it is exhausting to read through it. I can't imagine how some of these people actually live with it day after day.

Nobody is criticizing you for being upset with the coach but what people make fun of you for is your childish name calling because you sound like a 12 year old.

Reactions: MartinJay
You'd be incorrect. I'm not like some people here who seem to think that anything south of the Ohio or in W. Lafayette is automatically corrupt and contemptible. People are the same everywhere.

As for the police, I am merely observing that the relationship with them does not appear to be in great shape at the moment. There is probably plenty of blame to go around on that.

It would be great if you could stick to the issues instead of trying to make it about me and my supposed motivations.
so you want to have a corrupt police department and think IU should pay off the police to look the other way when their is an incident with a basketball player. that is the kind of thing you see with the Miami police department back in the 70's when they were bribed by the drug kingpins to look the other way.

Good grief...what is wrong with some of you people? How do you make the leap from: "the relationship with the police is broken and needs to be fixed" to "omygodyouaresayingwehavetobribethemandbelikeMiami!!!!!!" Creaned Heat is so ate up with hate that he thinks any reasoned argument is the same as "making excuses" for Crean. You apparently think that any attempt to improve the relationship with law enforcement must involve bribery and corruption.

Let me spell it out for you: good relationships are based on trust and mutual respect. I am speculating, based on the recent history, that communication between the department/program and the police is not strong. Nobody is saying ANYTHING about bribing them.

Wow. What a weird, paranoid reading of a very simple argument.

so you want to have a corrupt police department and think IU should pay off the police to look the other way when their is an incident with a basketball player. that is the kind of thing you see with the Miami police department back in the 70's when they were bribed by the drug kingpins to look the other way.

No doubt because life is to short to be so negative all the time.

Lighten up Francis. You have no idea how I am outside of these message boards. One thing's for sure: I don't tolerate absolute mediocrity & failure when I know the potential can be so much greater. Keep whistling by the graveyard.

You don't "tolerate mediocrity," eh? What are you going to do, boo Crean at Assembly Hall? Send a sternly worded letter to the AD? Continue verbally barfing on every thread on a fan message board?

What you will or will not "tolerate" is completely irrelevant. Grown ups are in charge, thank God.

Lighten up Francis. You have no idea how I am outside of these message boards. One thing's for sure: I don't tolerate absolute mediocrity & failure when I know the potential can be so much greater. Keep whistling by the graveyard.

And nobody else is either but some of us are mature enough not to go on like a 12 year old calling everyone childish names

You don't "tolerate mediocrity," eh? What are you going to do, boo Crean at Assembly Hall? Send a sternly worded letter to the AD? Continue verbally barfing on every thread on a fan message board?

What you will or will not "tolerate" is completely irrelevant. Grown ups are in charge, thank God.

I guess you adapt the Connie Chung attitude - fine. And to say Crean and Glass are grown-ups is laughable. Both are overpaid, incompetent administrators feeding at the taxpayers' teet.

I guess you adapt the Connie Chung attitude - fine. And to say Crean and Glass are grown-ups is laughable. Both are overpaid, incompetent administrators feeding at the taxpayers' teet.
Mods please get rid of this clown because he is to childish to be on this board and it is ruining this board. Please get with him and tell him to stop with the childish insults and name calling. If he can't have a mature discussion then their is no room on this board for this kind of poster. I started to go to the other site because of posters like this and over there you can have a civil discussion without the childish behavior that you allow on their board. I have been part of this board since around 1997 and if you let this kind of behavior keep going on you will lose one loyal follower because this poster is embarrassing the IU fan base.

1st to last Final warning, then?

2nd to last?

Tell me - - how many Get out of Jackassland Cards does this coach's program have left?

7 incidents....10 players....2 years. If UK and PU had those #s we'd be blistering them.

I really don't think there's a ton of sand left in this hourglass. To put it in terms Crean and his crew can understand - we're working our way through the Johns with an eye on Jude......and you know what book comes next.

That blur you see on the horizon are 4 dudes on horseback.
McRobbie was speaking to Athletic Department employees, not Student-Athletes. He was expressing his general frustration to them while sending a somewhat public message to the student-athletes who weren't in attendance. But to equate this with some "final warning" or other ominous message is overblown.

Do I think Glass and Crean have had another sit down? Undoubtedly. And do I think the already tight collar around Crean's (and, to a lesser degree, Wilson's) neck just got pulled a little tighter? Sure. But Crean will stay or go based on the results of the upcoming season and not the side stuff.

You have to remember that McRobbie is hearing it far more from people who are expressing grave concerns regarding the overall reputation and atmosphere of IU, where a party culture seems to constantly exist and where several high profile and very tragic incidents have occurred. IU spent a great deal of time, effort and money to appeal to out of state kids, their parents and their high schools as a destination university of choice, and that reputation has been greatly tarnished in certain areas. You'd be amazed at how quickly IU administrators have had to go on defense to defend the school's reputation and combat a negative profile.

If MM is focused on student behavior (and he is), those issues far outweigh the sports one's. And that's in no way a dismissal of the athletic stuff, but I promise you MM views it in a larger context than do IU hoops fans who (understandably) don't care for the coach.

Reactions: SequoiaHoosier
McRobbie was speaking to Athletic Department employees, not Student-Athletes. He was expressing his general frustration to them while sending a somewhat public message to the student-athletes who weren't in attendance. But to equate this with some "final warning" or other ominous message is overblown.

Do I think Glass and Crean have had another sit down? Undoubtedly. And do I think the already tight collar around Crean's (and, to a lesser degree, Wilson's) neck just got pulled a little tighter? Sure. But Crean will stay or go based on the results of the upcoming season and not the side stuff.

You have to remember that McRobbie is hearing it far more from people who are expressing grave concerns regarding the overall reputation and atmosphere of IU, where a party culture seems to constantly exist and where several high profile and very tragic incidents have occurred. IU spent a great deal of time, effort and money to appeal to out of state kids, their parents and their high schools as a destination university of choice, and that reputation has been greatly tarnished in certain areas. You'd be amazed at how quickly IU administrators have had to go on defense to defend the school's reputation and combat a negative profile.

If MM is focused on student behavior (and he is), those issues far outweigh the sports one's. And that's in no way a dismissal of the athletic stuff, but I promise you MM views it in a larger context than do IU hoops fans who (understandably) don't care for the coach.
Great post

I'm not going to comment on that poster in particular because he frankly doesn't strike me as any worse than dozens of others...

BUT---you are absolutely right about this board vs. other IU boards. The negativity, name-calling, and meanspiritedness on this site are NOT tolerated elsewhere. What this board does have is a much larger number of posters, which makes for livelier discussions. Maybe those issues are related, idk.

Mods please get rid of this clown because he is to childish to be on this board and it is ruining this board. Please get with him and tell him to stop with the childish insults and name calling. If he can't have a mature discussion then their is no room on this board for this kind of poster. I started to go to the other site because of posters like this and over there you can have a civil discussion without the childish behavior that you allow on their board. I have been part of this board since around 1997 and if you let this kind of behavior keep going on you will lose one loyal follower because this poster is embarrassing the IU fan base.

that's funny - because I just cried to Jeff to ban you. Calling me 'clown'?? you are such a meanie with your childish insults. I apologize Joanie

that's funny - because I just cried to Jeff to ban you. Calling me 'clown'?? you are such a meanie with your childish insults. I apologize Joanie
If you could have a mature conversation about things and not resort to childish name calling you would be alright but when someone questions you go directly to your childish behavior. I couldn't care less that you dislike Crean and I am not a fan of his and think it is time for a new coach but I can have a civil conversation about the topic.

Good grief...what is wrong with some of you people? How do you make the leap from: "the relationship with the police is broken and needs to be fixed" to "omygodyouaresayingwehavetobribethemandbelikeMiami!!!!!!" Creaned Heat is so ate up with hate that he thinks any reasoned argument is the same as "making excuses" for Crean. You apparently think that any attempt to improve the relationship with law enforcement must involve bribery and corruption.

Let me spell it out for you: good relationships are based on trust and mutual respect. I am speculating, based on the recent history, that communication between the department/program and the police is not strong. Nobody is saying ANYTHING about bribing them.

Wow. What a weird, paranoid reading of a very simple argument.

haha. what in the world makes you think the police and crean/ glass have a bad relationship? because of Hanner's DUI? um, that was a cop doing his job. and please tell us which police organization we need a better relationship with. IU players have been busted by BPD, state, and campus cops. all in the last 14 months?

and now you are trying to deflect your idiocy by calling us paranoid?

you are just too much. but i like it. keep posting!

haha. what in the world makes you think the police and crean/ glass have a bad relationship? because of Hanner's DUI? um, that was a cop doing his job. and please tell us which police organization we need a better relationship with. IU players have been busted by BPD, state, and campus cops. all in the last 14 months?

and now you are trying to deflect your idiocy by calling us paranoid?

you are just too much. but i like it. keep posting!

I also would wager the cops have something to do with the players' inability to defend the post, stop dribble penetration, give up repeated offensive rebounds, lose their last 3 at home, 5 of last 7....

Those MEANIE COPS!!!!! Rosco P Coltrane has out smarted them again! drats!

There is zero chance any coach knows all the problems a recruit may have when he comes to the university. If you hired a PI to follow him 24 hours a day for several weeks then you might know most of his issues but that does not happen. If he doesn't have a criminal record and his family, friends, and coaches say he is a great kid that is probably most of what you know.

but it just happens to poor Tom again and again and again. what dumb luck. he is the Charlie Brown of college hoops! Argh!

but it just happens to poor Tom again and again and again. what dumb luck. he is the Charlie Brown of college hoops! Argh!

Yes he is. Those cops keep assembling unbalanced, youth oriented rosters! If they would just leave Tommy Basketball alone, he would make John Wooden's run look like a skid mark.

1. He is 100% responsible for recruiting these low IQ dimwits
2. Top 10 nationally paid coach with nowhere near according results
3. 7+years is long enough to establish your roster/team
4. Laundry list of embarrassing off-court incidents involving said recruited dimwits
5. Non-stop excuses
6. Very poor on-court results - 52% winning in 7 years is unacceptable - that with padded non-conference schedule. The 38% BT record is more indicative of what a disaster the Crean era has been.

Glass has got in bed with Crean with ridiculous contract extensions and non-stop excuse making. When is he going to sober up and realize he's a zit faced, frumpy nerd with glasses? I am beyond amazed at the equally dim witted % of the fanbase that blames the IU cops, the meanies in the fanbase who don't give him 20+ years to win, and every other excuse in the book. Change is not going to happen unless there is a meaningful attittude revolt of the people who pay Glass/Crean's paychecks.
Those dimwits had a perfect APR and were recruited by other top programs. Maybe in many places they don't care if athletes drink as they seem to in Bloomington.

Those dimwits had a perfect APR and were recruited by other top programs. Maybe in many places they don't care if athletes drink as they seem to in Bloomington.

I'm not as impressed about a perfect APR as you. UKKK got a perfect APR. Plenty of ways to do that with cupcake classes etc. who on this roster was recruited by a top program? maybe Yogi? Blackmon? Johnson? those aren't the trouble makers. Holt was recruited by who? Davis was recruited by who? Hanner was recruited by Baylor which is a joke.

Time to hold these kids and Crean accountable. If the cops are out to get them - then deal with it. Personally, if further incidents with the police will lead to Crean's demise, I am sending donations to state excise, the state police, bloomington police, paul bart and so on.

I never hear anything negative about Hartman, Blackmon, Johnson, Zeisloft. Good character kids reside on the IU roster also!

I never hear anything negative about Hartman, Blackmon, Johnson, Zeisloft. Good character kids reside on the IU roster also!

Don't worry! Local media will do plenty of fluff pieces on these boys this winter. Sounds like that is how access is gained anyway.

If Crean is docked pay, do the students also lose their free-rides while they are suspended?

you don't believe in leaders being held responsible? even more so if there are repeated issues in their organizations? haha. what common sense must be shrugged off to support this coach.

we'll laugh about these days the next time we get a respected and likable coach who can teach all aspects of the game! heck, i'm already laughing about them.

ya, that must be it. or maybe our coach is waaaay more worried about looking like a leader (study tables, oh-so-earnest sound bites, etc) than actually being one (teaching character, all aspects of the game, etc.).

but i know that can't be for some of you. IU is just the nation's leader in bball player arrests and turnover be sheer luck. but hey - we're maybe the 50th best program as a whole. not too shabby! 280 schools envy us!

This is the part of your posting that I find to be totally ugly . . ." When is he going to sober up and realize he's a zit faced, frumpy nerd with glasses?

What is beyond his control is the actual act but what he has total control of is how he handles the situation and right now he is not doing a good job of preventing more embarrassment to the University.
when is the we have poor leadership bs going to stop - excuses, excuses, excuses. In the real world, failure is attributed to the leader - Crean. However, Crean seems to be the ultimate teflon man. Always, has an excuse and so astute at never ultimately taking responsibility. Witness the latest example - we need better leadership. This is his fault

Reactions: Creaned Heat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT