Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuildfurnaces

Sophomore
Jun 26, 2008
1. He is 100% responsible for recruiting these low IQ dimwits
2. Top 10 nationally paid coach with nowhere near according results
3. 7+years is long enough to establish your roster/team
4. Laundry list of embarrassing off-court incidents involving said recruited dimwits
5. Non-stop excuses
6. Very poor on-court results - 52% winning in 7 years is unacceptable - that with padded non-conference schedule. The 38% BT record is more indicative of what a disaster the Crean era has been.

Glass has got in bed with Crean with ridiculous contract extensions and non-stop excuse making. When is he going to sober up and realize he's a zit faced, frumpy nerd with glasses? I am beyond amazed at the equally dim witted % of the fanbase that blames the IU cops, the meanies in the fanbase who don't give him 20+ years to win, and every other excuse in the book. Change is not going to happen unless there is a meaningful attittude revolt of the people who pay Glass/Crean's paychecks.

1. He is 100% responsible for recruiting these low IQ dimwits
2. Top 10 nationally paid coach with nowhere near according results
3. 7+years is long enough to establish your roster/team
4. Laundry list of embarrassing off-court incidents involving said recruited dimwits
5. Non-stop excuses
6. Very poor on-court results - 52% winning in 7 years is unacceptable - that with padded non-conference schedule. The 38% BT record is more indicative of what a disaster the Crean era has been.

Glass has got in bed with Crean with ridiculous contract extensions and non-stop excuse making. When is he going to sober up and realize he's a zit faced, frumpy nerd with glasses? I am beyond amazed at the equally dim witted % of the fanbase that blames the IU cops, the meanies in the fanbase who don't give him 20+ years to win, and every other excuse in the book. Change is not going to happen unless there is a meaningful attittude revolt of the people who pay Glass/Crean's paychecks.
I agree with a lot of what you said but you totally lose credibility when you call people names like a 12 year old.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Fred glass loves crean and he is not going anywhere anytime soon. Nice try though!!!

Do you really believe this?

What if we land some combo of Alkins, Leaf, and Maker?

when can we stop with the 'what if' fantasy crap that crean leads this fanbase on? There are plenty of other players a top notch coach would get to IU. Let's stop with this desperate non-sense that without 12 loss Tommy and his potential recruits, that IU basketball will go to the crapper. Oh wait.....

If you think Crean would be fired wih those recruits in tow, you're beyond all help and reason.

so if he goes 21-13 this year with all the off court embarrassments, Glass would have plenty of pressure to fire him. Will he? hard to say but Crean should be fired if he wins less than 26 game this year

stop with the potential recruits crap. IU can find plenty of good coaches that will recruit non-knuckle heads that can win more than 52% of their games over 7 years.

21-13???? What planet are you on? Lindy's just had us at #4 nationally in their preseason rankings. ESPN at #14.

You guys have gone so deep into your hatred that you've lost all perspective and reason. We have a better chance of winning 30 games than 21.

so if he goes 21-13 this year with all the off court embarrassments, Glass would have plenty of pressure to fire him. Will he? hard to say but Crean should be fired if he wins less than 26 game this year

stop with the potential recruits crap. IU can find plenty of good coaches that will recruit non-knuckle heads that can win more than 52% of their games over 7 years.

It's time for a private zero tolerance policy. If I U is serious about clean teams then Crean's feet need to be put to the fire. Obviously it can't be public but it needs to be done.

21-13???? What planet are you on? Lindy's just had us at #4 nationally in their preseason rankings. ESPN at #14.

You guys have gone so deep into your hatred that you've lost all perspective and reason. We have a better chance of winning 30 games than 21.
I hope you're right but Crean's history says no way. He couldn't win 30 games with the best team he'll ever assemble in 2013. Who cares about pre-season rankings - basically meaningless. And with this new incident, I wouldn't feel confident at all in these dimwits. Crean will find a way to lose double digits just as he has 10/12 years in a Big 5 conference. Now if he finds a way to play 40+ games, your 30 win thesis has some credence. I like most of your posts but you sound like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football with Lucy as the holder.

Glass will be there as long as he wants to be. He is very well thought of by the people who matter most. Safe as can be.
you really think so?

If Glass has to fork over 5 mil after this year to get rid of Crean, that will rub some Alumni the wrong way as it is a concession to the lousy contract extension he offered Crean for no good reason. Add to that another 5-7 year out of Wilson and you'll have even more people questioning his judgement

you really think so?

If Glass has to fork over 5 mil after this year to get rid of Crean, that will rub some Alumni the wrong way as it is a concession to the lousy contract extension he offered Crean for no good reason. Add to that another 5-7 year out of Wilson and you'll have even more people questioning his judgement
I really think so. The department runs in the black and there is a reasonable, workable relationship between athletics and academics. MM and the BOT are quite pleased with Glass. And, if Crean falters (more), Glass will go to MM and recommend his dismissal. The money issues will be negligible. And Glass has been a prodigious fund raiser.

Last edited:
I really think so. The department runs in the black and there is a reasonable, workable relationship between athletics and academics. MM and the BOT are quite pleased with Glass. And, if Crean falters (more), Glass will go to MM and recommend his dismissal. The money issues will be negligible.
fair enough. But that is why I contend IU's athletic issues in Football and Basketball start at the top. very poor administrators - I get McRobbie but the BOT should be held accountable

fair enough. But that is why I contend IU's athletic issues in Football and Basketball start at the top. very poor administrators - I get McRobbie but the BOT should be held accountable
Other than going to games and approving compensation, you would be surprised how little athletics (especially coaching issues) come into play for Trustees. It is a very small part of their time or focus or duty.

Other than going to games and approving compensation, you would be surprised how little athletics (especially coaching issues) come into play for Trustees. It is a very small part of their time or focus or duty.
what the hell do they do? Raise money for a new music building? Basketball is the flagship of IU - whether they want to admit it or not.

what the hell do they do? Raise money for a new music building? Basketball is the flagship of IU - whether they want to admit it or not.
Is this a serious question? Do you really believe that athletics are a main function of the Board of Trustees?

You do realize that there is a lot more to a University than just sports and most of the trustees care more about the University more than what their basketball team is doing.
yes I do - as an alum of Kelley. But I also realize athletics is a huge generator of $$$$. It generates interest and excitement. I don't go to Bloomington to read in the SOB or adore the new LGBT building on 10th street. Unless IU is going to magically transform themselves into an Ivy League academically, they would be better focused on getting their FLAGSHIP basketball program back in shape. I, and many others would be more apt to give much more $$$ to the university. They can tout their music school rankings all they want, but give me a national title - I'm sure many other alums would agree

Reactions: TheLaffy
yes I do - as an alum of Kelley. But I also realize athletics is a huge generator of $$$$. It generates interest and excitement. I don't go to Bloomington to read in the SOB or adore the new LGBT building on 10th street. Unless IU is going to magically transform themselves into an Ivy League academically, they would be better focused on getting their FLAGSHIP basketball program back in shape. I, and many others would be more apt to give much more $$$ to the university. They can tout their music school rankings all they want, but give me a national title - I'm sure many other alums would agree
that is not the trustees job and they just did not start Indiana University for the purpose of fielding a great basketball team. Some people have their priorities way out of whack if they think that sports is the thing that is running the university.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I really think so. The department runs in the black and there is a reasonable, workable relationship between athletics and academics. MM and the BOT are quite pleased with Glass. And, if Crean falters (more), Glass will go to MM and recommend his dismissal. The money issues will be negligible. And Glass has been a prodigious fund raiser.

I'd take that.

that is not the trustees job and they just did not start Indiana University for the purpose of fielding a great basketball team. Some people have their priorities way out of whack if they think that sports is the thing that is running the university.
go ask OSU and many other universities that question. It doesn't have to be one or the other. and the BOT is failing miserably at the other.

go ask OSU and many other universities that question. It doesn't have to be one or the other. and the BOT is failing miserably at the other.
I think you'd be just as surprised at Ohio State. Gene Smith is highly thought of there, and he's not micromanaged by the Trustees.

Reactions: Frankie611
Of course the people on a sports message board will think that sports is the most important thing that the University does, The trustees have to worry about the whole student body and what the University can do for them and I would bet that there are a lot more regular students attending IU than athletes.

nerds-ogre.jpg

The IU beat writer, Pete D, is going to interview Glass tomorrow and Crean on Thurs. Going to hold both accountable - should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT