ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy coaching carousel: Brian Kelly to LSU

I would guess ND goes back to Cincinnati and poaches Fickell.
If this is true, there's likely to be a huge domino effect at the highest levels of college football. Could get really interesting. They'll be shitting their pants up in W. Laffy if Brohm's name starts circulating for some of these high-profile openings. On the upside, nobody notices if people are shitting their pants up there, the place still smells the same.

A National Championship has eluded Kelly and I suspect he thinks it's gonna be tough to bring one to ND. Going to SEC country opens up a lot of new possibilities for him.
I don’t know about that...he has to go through Alabama every year now. That hasn’t exactly worked out well for him before. Although Saban probably isn’t too far from retirement.

I don’t know about that...he has to go through Alabama every year now. That hasn’t exactly worked out well for him before. Although Saban probably isn’t too far from retirement.
No, hasn't gone well for him at ND. But he will not be at ND any more. Like I said, being in the SEC opens up new possibilities for Kelly that he did not have at ND.

Huge mistake by Kelly. LSU fans and SEC fans are more unreasonable than Irish fans when it comes to success.

Depends what he wants, I guess. Sure he could stay at Notre Dame and continue as he has, but he'll never win a title there. At his age, why not go for it? If it doesn't work out at LSU he'll be 65 years old anyway. It's not like he's a young guy who needs to worry about ruining his career. This is his one shot to swing away. If he misses, oh well. He'll be ready to hang it up anyway.

If this is true, there's likely to be a huge domino effect at the highest levels of college football. Could get really interesting. They'll be shitting their pants up in W. Laffy if Brohm's name starts circulating for some of these high-profile openings. On the upside, nobody notices if people are shitting their pants up there, the place still smells the same.
The proper term is 'Nadlered'

"They'll be Nadlering their pants up in West laffy.."

Reactions: indy1203 and 76-1
Depends what he wants, I guess. Sure he could stay at Notre Dame and continue as he has, but he'll never win a title there. At his age, why not go for it? If it doesn't work out at LSU he'll be 65 years old anyway. It's not like he's a young guy who needs to worry about ruining his career. This is his one shot to swing away. If he misses, oh well. He'll be ready to hang it up anyway.

If it doesn't work out at LSU he won't be there at 62, Ed O won a natty just 22 or so months ago.

If it doesn't work out at LSU he won't be there at 62, Ed O won a natty just 22 or so months ago.
ED had problems off the season and hit on a board guy's wife so I doubt that will happen under Kelly. There was a lot more going on at LSU than what was going on the field. ED didn't do very good after his divorce and must have thought I have a lot of money so play the field for women.

No, hasn't gone well for him at ND. But he will not be at ND any more. Like I said, being in the SEC opens up new possibilities for Kelly that he did not have at ND.
I hear it’s easier to recruit when you get to cheat, pay players, etc.

Reactions: indy1203
To me, Fickell just doesn't seem to have the gravitas and/or slickness of guys like Rockne, Ara P., Saban, Urban Meyer.....I feel like ultimately his results at ND would be good, not great.
Sounds like fickel is their #1 option, but will wait until after the bowl. I'd guess it's him or Freeman. Maybe Freeman stays?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Brohm had a very good year. Exceeded expectations. I can see where someone could try and hire him. Also, how much do the coach’s agents go out and sell their guy on a job?

Reactions: vesuvius13
ND is hiring Marcus Freeman, the current DC who has been the DC there for 1 year and has never been a HC. Basically doing the same thing IU did when they Hired TA. I am surprised they didn't go out and get a bigger name.

ND is hiring Marcus Freeman, the current DC who has been the DC there for 1 year and has never been a HC. Basically doing the same thing IU did when they Hired TA. I am surprised they didn't go out and get a bigger name.
Freeman learned how to he a good coach by being on Hazells staff for 4 years. Basically learned what not to do.

This seems so logical it may be accurate

He sure seems like the biggest dick among prominent college coaches.
That fat, lying pig said he had no thoughts at all of leaving ND until he was contacted by LSU; then the ND AD comes out and says there were warning signs and he wasn't surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT