ADVERTISEMENT

Cracking a bottle of something nice - 97 win season for the Cubs...

Hoops Cat

Hall of Famer
Mar 6, 2007
da Region
Never thought in a million years that they'd get north of 85 wins this year.

Now a one-game play-in next Wednesday against the Pirates. 50-50 chance, but making it is sweet.

Now a one-game play-in next Wednesday against the Pirates. 50-50 chance, but making it is sweet.
Why is there a nine day layoff before the next round?

Why is there a nine day layoff before the next round?
No idea. Play-in game is Wednesday, and maybe they need some schedule leeway in case there's a rain out. Also, there is the potential of a tie in either the division or play-in game, and maybe they need a day or two for the possibility of that (which could happen in the American League this year).

It's been an incredible season. I'd have been ecstatic with 85 wins before the season. No way did I think they'd tie their best record in my lifetime. Hopefully it won't end Wednesday, and I give them slightly better than 50/50 odds with Arrietta going. But even if it ends it's been great and it's only the beginning with this group.

What are you opening? I may wait to see what happens Wednesday before I open anything I've been holding onto. I don't have any crazy whales regardless.

It's been an incredible season. I'd have been ecstatic with 85 wins before the season. No way did I think they'd tie their best record in my lifetime. Hopefully it won't end Wednesday, and I give them slightly better than 50/50 odds with Arrietta going. But even if it ends it's been great and it's only the beginning with this group.

What are you opening? I may wait to see what happens Wednesday before I open anything I've been holding onto. I don't have any crazy whales regardless.
Still drinking one of those fine APAs from Brickworks. Might crack open a Deal With The Devil from 18th - just released it again last Wednesday.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
Still drinking one of those fine APAs from Brickworks. Might crack open a Deal With The Devil from 18th - just released it again last Wednesday.
Nice. I just had Boulevard's Aztec Imperial Stout with aa perfectly medium rare porterhouse, baked potato and maple syrup glazed acorn squash.

The Stout is pretty damn good, but nowhere near Abraxas, Bomb, or Xocoveza. Tasted pretty good with the steak though. I was at the local German club fest today and was enjoying Spaten Oktoberfest. Not bad but not in my wheelhouse. The kids had friends there though so I spent the whole afternoon there.

No idea. Play-in game is Wednesday, and maybe they need some schedule leeway in case there's a rain out. Also, there is the potential of a tie in either the division or play-in game, and maybe they need a day or two for the possibility of that (which could happen in the American League this year).
I think you mean "a one game playoff THIS Wednesday"!!!

Reactions: Hoops Cat
Nice. I just had Boulevard's Aztec Imperial Stout with aa perfectly medium rare porterhouse, baked potato and maple syrup glazed acorn squash.

The Stout is pretty damn good, but nowhere near Abraxas, Bomb, or Xocoveza. Tasted pretty good with the steak though. I was at the local German club fest today and was enjoying Spaten Oktoberfest. Not bad but not in my wheelhouse. The kids had friends there though so I spent the whole afternoon there.
I did crack the Deal - probably because I feel like I made a deal with her.

Arrieta vs Cole will be a great match up.
I wouldnt be shocked if its a 0-0 or 1-0 after 7.

Saw this on twitter today: Jake responding to a Pitt fan.

Jake Arrieta ‏@JArrieta34 2h2 hours ago

Jake Arrieta Retweeted Parody_Parrot_

Whatever helps keep your hope alive, just know, it doesn't matter. @Cubs

Jake Arrieta added,

CQgXBxsUcAAlqdU.jpg

Parody_Parrot_ @Pirate_Parrot_
Be ready for the sea of black #BlackOut #BUCN #crowdIsGoingToEatYoualive #walkTheplank @JArrieta34
3,575 retweets 3,442 favorites

Summit City Brewerks recently developed a Imperial double brown called Big Bad Mudfuger.

It is hands down the best beer that has ever been brewed in Fort Wayne. It is 12% of liquid coffee brownies. I have bought a couple howlers of it as I can't get seem to get enough of it.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT