ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Experience

These stats are pulled from the link. As I said thankfully the gap is narrowing but it still exists. Respond to the stats

His opinion is what he opines is behind the ACTUAL numbers. He's not opining to the numbers. So stupid.

He's reading vaccination TOTALS, not vaccination RATE, just like you did. Remember when you had a similar problem with the term "Per Capita"? You just edited your original response to me too. You're so disingenuous...and your kneejerk reaction is always to jump in with your racist garbage...so much so that you can't even take the time to read your own links.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/...bal-distribution/us-vaccine-demographics.html

Just stop digging.

Biden has
Covid problems
Afghanistan problems
Inflation problems
Labor problems
Supreme Court ruling against him
Border problems
Vp problems
Progressives problems.

He's in a tough spot. He's our president. Hopefully he can rise to the occasion. It ain't easy and free money isn't a policy panacea
Many problems. Some he created or, at least had a role in their creation. Is he a problem solver or a problem creator? He may not have much more time to show he can fix things. Don't believe dems ever intended for him to serve a full term as President. Hard to believe he will. No basement to hide in anymore.

He's reading vaccination TOTALS, not vaccination RATE, just like you did. Remember when you had a similar problem with the term "Per Capita"? You just edited your original response to me too. You're so disingenuous...and your kneejerk reaction is always to jump in with your racist garbage...so much so that you can't even take the time to read your own links.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/...bal-distribution/us-vaccine-demographics.html

Just stop digging.
TOTALS ARE WHAT MATTER!!!!!!!! a rate that increases is a good thing but do you not understand what rate means? rate is a measure or frequency measured against some other quantity or measure. so you could have one percent black vaccinated and tomorrow another black person gets vaccinated and guess what the vaccination rate rose by 100%. it's a measure, but it's not dispositive like TOTALS.

this is a problem that we find often throughout the vapid fear mongering. we have an icu that starts at 70% capacity, literally adds 6 covid patients and now is at 78% capacity and the headline reads HOSPITALS NOW AT 78% CAPACITY DUE TO COVID. Or we're seeing a 100% increase in covid cases blah blah blah. well what does that mean? you need TOTALS. you need actual numbers.

data is available. for everything. find it. understand it. stop with the polls. educate yourself. hope you have a good day. i'm off to take the kids to breakfast.

covid is having a disproportionate impact on blacks and people of color. blacks are three times as likely to be hospitalized by covid (hospital beds issue) and twice as likely to die from covid. and these are stats adjusted for age. race matters in this discussion. there's inequality in covid and its impact

Last edited:
Biden has
Covid problems
Afghanistan problems
Inflation problems
Labor problems
Supreme Court ruling against him
Border problems
Vp problems
Progressives problems.

He's in a tough spot. He's our president. Hopefully he can rise to the occasion. It ain't easy and free money isn't a policy panacea
You honestly believe he can rise to the occasion? The guy we watch fumble through news conferences reading from the teleprompter and telling us he’s supposed to call on who he’s instructed to call on?

And even worse than that are the fools around him. There’s never been a more inept group around a president.

You honestly believe he can rise to the occasion? The guy we watch fumble through news conferences reading from the teleprompter and telling us he’s supposed to call on who he’s instructed to call on?

And even worse than that are the fools around him. There’s never been a more inept group around a president.
I hope he can. This divisive rooting against the other side has to stop

I hope he can. This divisive rooting against the other side has to stop
Rooting for Biden is waste of energy. He has no mental capacity for the job.

You’re trying to be reasonable in your discussion with Dr Hoops. His responses are insults. Sorry I am not turning the other cheek.

On to taxes next

There's a big difference between (1) Trump's lying about things he or his administration had done or was currently doing, and (2) medical experts' opinions and recommendations about the best future course of action to take to combat a new virus.

A recommendation that specific action be take in the future does not become a lie just because facts develop demonstrating that the recommendation was not an effective solution.

Nor does an opinion or recommendation become a "lie" just because you disagree with it.
Just apply the same standard. It's not that difficult to understand.

Reactions: stollcpa
Rooting for Biden is waste of energy. He has no mental capacity for the job.

You’re trying to be reasonable in your discussion with Dr Hoops. His responses are insults. Sorry I am not turning the other cheek.

On to taxes next
Get some fun in stoll! My old man League fires up this weekend. 97 degrees and post game beers won't be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
You’re welcome.

Another interesting point that was brought up is that anecdotally they would rank it:

1. Moderna
2. Pfizer
3. Natural Immunity (having had COVID)
4. J&J
Moderna certainly seems to be emerging as the preferred vax

Reactions: ChaChaG
TOTALS ARE WHAT MATTER!!!!!!!! a rate that increases is a good thing but do you not understand what rate means? rate is a measure or frequency measured against some other quantity or measure. so you could have one percent black vaccinated and tomorrow another black person gets vaccinated and guess what the vaccination rate rose by 100%. it's a measure, but it's not dispositive like TOTALS.

this is a problem that we find often throughout the vapid fear mongering. we have an icu that starts at 70% capacity, literally adds 6 covid patients and now is at 78% capacity and the headline reads HOSPITALS NOW AT 78% CAPACITY DUE TO COVID. Or we're seeing a 100% increase in covid cases blah blah blah. well what does that mean? you need TOTALS. you need actual numbers.

data is available. for everything. find it. understand it. stop with the polls. educate yourself. hope you have a good day. i'm off to take the kids to breakfast.

covid is having a disproportionate impact on blacks and people of color. blacks are three times as likely to be hospitalized by covid (hospital beds issue) and twice as likely to die from covid. and these are stats adjusted for age. race matters in this discussion. there's inequality in covid and its impact
Additionally (I had posted this in another thread as well), if it’s the same KFF Survey, it’s a bit flawed.

If you download the actual paper, you can see who they called and what areas they called for the survey. It’s also as you stated, a Survey.….people tend to answer Surveys how they “Think” they should answer it. Being in medical devices for years, patients say they will change their behaviors (stop smoking) all the time as they are laying on the interventional table for their next REPEAT Procedure.

Finally, the KFF Survey (once again, if it’s the same one that has been shared from the Forbes article) was sponsored by a grant from the Chan Zuckerberg Foundation…. Mark Zuckerberg and his wife’s Foundation. Casts a bit of doubt on objectivity.

Additionally (I had posted this in another thread as well), if it’s the same KFF Survey, it’s a bit flawed.

If you download the actual paper, you can see who they called and what areas they called for the survey. It’s also as you stated, a Survey.….people tend to answer Surveys how they “Think” they should answer it. Being in medical devices for years, patients say they will change their behaviors (stop smoking) all the time as they are laying on the interventional table for their next REPEAT Procedure.

Finally, the KFF Survey (once again, if it’s the same one that has been shared from the Forbes article) was sponsored by a grant from the Chan Zuckerberg Foundation…. Mark Zuckerberg and his wife’s Foundation. Casts a bit of doubt on objectivity.
CDC stats are all that is worthwhile. Polls and surveys on this shit are silly when you can find actual data.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaChaG

Didn't Biden accomplish something major by shepherding the infrastructure bill through the Senate? That didn't seem easy.

CDC stats are all that is worthwhile. Polls and surveys on this shit are silly when you can find actual data.
Here’s one that is a good look at something I think we all know. If you have underlying medical conditions, you are at higher risk from the virus.

If you know this already, my apologies on the front end. Hospitals usually belong within a GPO (Group Purchasing Organization) or IDN (Integrated Delivery Network). The attached study is data that was collected from all Premier Hospitals (Premier is one of the largest GPOs in the Country). They looked at almost 5M patients to see who were affected the most by the virus. Once again, what we all know - Underlying Conditions- but one that was interesting is “anxiety and fear related disorders”. People often talk about the negative affects of too much anxiety, but Broken Heart Syndrome is an actual thing….Cardiomyopathy. I’ve been in Angios where that has been the conclusion. It makes sense that anxiety/ stress is a factor.

Lastly, the other point that was made at the Conference was the varying level of care with poor outcomes. Now I know that can be a rabbit hole as far as Access to Care, etc…..but what I’m talking about is not only the care you can/ do receive at a specific Institution (a Community Hospital VS a larger Medical Center), but care can vary doc to doc…. Just like it can in any other field.

Having been in devices for almost 20 years, we have a saying: “Nice guy, BAD hands”. You don’t want to be on the table with that guy…..

Stay well.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC

You're still having problems. No one is denying that.

My post said that black people are now getting vaccinated at a rate that's faster than their share of the population. They are getting vaccinated at a faster rate than white people currently are. KFF, and every article that's been posted has addressed the fact that the racial gap is closing, but you just can't let go of your "it's the black people's fault" nonsense.

Why is it that is so complex? No one is having problems with addition. :rolleyes:

You're still having problems. No one is denying that.

My post said that black people are now getting vaccinated at a rate that's faster than their share of the population. They are getting vaccinated at a faster rate than white people currently are. KFF, and every article that's been posted has addressed the fact that the racial gap is closing, but you just can't let go of your "it's the black people's fault" nonsense.

Why is it that is so complex? No one is having problems with addition. :rolleyes:
stats. address the actual stats. rates are meaningless. total numbers matter.

Yeah, but you have to wear "GEEZERS LEAGUE" on the front of you jersey now.

@UncleMark is overqualified . . . .
sope you'd really laugh at this age group league. the game looks sooooooooo good for the first fifteen or twenty minutes. then by about the 25 minute mark you've got 11 guys in one box, 11 guys in another box, and 80 yards of green grass between the groups

stats. address the actual stats. rates are meaningless. total numbers matter.
Nonsense.

But lets play your game of "total numbers".

The Kaiser Family Foundation, reported that across 40 states with comparable data as of Aug. 16, the percentage of people who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine was 50% for whites, 45% for Hispanics and 40% for Blacks. Because Blacks (41.1 million) and Hispanics (62.1 million) make up a much smaller portion of the overall U.S. population than whites (204.3 million), those percentages indicate that, in raw numbers, far more white people remain unvaccinated against the disease. See how that works?

So, lets say black people bumped up their percentage from 40% (current percentage of black people vaccinated) to 50% (current %age of white Americans vaxed). Your hang-up with black people's totals would add an additional 4 million vaccinated people. That would add 1% to the US's total vaccinated population.

The KFF analysis notes that "Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine." However, vaccination rates among Black people continue to increase while the rate among White people is on the decline.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

But lets play your game of "total numbers".

The Kaiser Family Foundation, reported that across 40 states with comparable data as of Aug. 16, the percentage of people who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine was 50% for whites, 45% for Hispanics and 40% for Blacks. Because Blacks (41.1 million) and Hispanics (62.1 million) make up a much smaller portion of the overall U.S. population than whites (204.3 million), those percentages indicate that, in raw numbers, far more white people remain unvaccinated against the disease. See how that works?

So, lets say black people bumped up their percentage from 40% (current percentage of black people vaccinated) to 50% (current %age of white Americans vaxed). Your hang-up with black people's totals would add an additional 4 million vaccinated people. That would add 1% to the US's total vaccinated population.

The KFF analysis notes that "Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine." However, vaccination rates among Black people continue to increase while the rate among White people is on the decline.

here's a useful state by state breakdown of vax rates by race. remember blacks have a 2.8x greater likelihood of being hospitalized and 2.3x greater likelihood of death per cdc.

below shows the disparities in hospitalizations

Last edited:
here's a useful state by state breakdown of vax rates by race. remember blacks have a 2.8x greater likelihood of being hospitalized and 2.3x greater likelihood of death per cdc.

below shows the disparities in hospitalizations

Hold on a second. Weren't you just telling TOTALS were what were important, not rates?

Just give up.

ugh. I jumped an age group so i'll be a star stoll. sad to jump an age group tho
Getting the exercise is a win. I have days I when I think I can go to the gym and play basketball with my son and his friends. I come my senses before I get on my tennis shoes. I think I can beat them all shooting free throws. Lol. If I ever join a pickle ball league I will officially know I am near death.

Hold on a second. Weren't you just telling TOTALS were what were important, not jusrates?

Just give up.
oh my god they are showing rates based on known hospitalizations as well as known total vaccinations. not just rate increases.

Last edited:
oh my god they are showing rates based on known hospitalizations as well as known total vaccinations. not rate increases. can you discern the difference? it's so difficult to talk to you because you are perfect combination of puppet, shallow thinker, and dickhead. if you have a friend in the world i'd be shocked.
Tap out buddy.

Getting the exercise is a win. I have days I when I think I can go to the gym and play basketball with my son and his friends. I come my senses before I get on my tennis shoes. I think I can beat them all shooting free throws. Lol. If I ever join a pickle ball league I will officially know I am near death.
the key is to never stop stoll. just keep going

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT