ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Experience

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Not meant to take sides or preach to anyone. Just telling a story that’s happening close to me.

We have a group of 12-15 guys at Evansville that play golf together quite often at Oak Meadow Country Club.

One gentleman hasn’t played with us in over a year but is close friends with a few of the guys. He’s laying in the hospital for the 11th day in a coma. He has Covid.

He, his wife and another couple went to Naples FL on vacation a couple weeks ago. The last day there he started feeling ill. Upon returning to Evansville he went to the hospital and has been in a coma since.

His wife and the other couple are all fine and never got Covid. They are all vaccinated.

Our golf buddy is an ardent antivax person. He doesn’t have the vaccine.

Not meant to take sides or preach to anyone. Just telling a story that’s happening close to me.

We have a group of 12-15 guys at Evansville that play golf together quite often at Oak Meadow Country Club.

One gentleman hasn’t played with us in over a year but is close friends with a few of the guys. He’s laying in the hospital for the 11th day in a coma. He has Covid.

He, his wife and another couple went to Naples FL on vacation a couple weeks ago. The last day there he started feeling ill. Upon returning to Evansville he went to the hospital and has been in a coma since.

His wife and the other couple are all fine and never got Covid. They are all vaccinated.

some people just have a bad, bad reaction. my buddy finally got out of the hospital earlier this week after two plus weeks. super fit guy. was working soccer camps at unc and picked it up. said he still feels like he can't breathe right and is super weak. while i wouldn't call his cardio, explosive, it was certainly far better than the avg joe.

apparently blood glucose levels are a predictor

Last edited:

sorry to hear that, scary stuff

Reactions: ulrey
some people just have a bad, bad reaction. my buddy finally got out of the hospital earlier this week after two plus weeks. super fit guy. was working soccer camps at unc and picked it up. said he still feels like he can't breathe right and is super weak. while i wouldn't call his cardio, explosive, it was certainly far better than the avg joe

Another non-vaxer?

Thoughts and prayers bro.

The positive is that the numbers are strongly in his favor, and there is a lot more treatment info available now than a year ago.

Similar story to one couple that's a family friend of my parents. Don't think they are really big anti-vaxxers... haven't personally seen them for a few years.... but were just too lazy/ flippant to get the jab. Both were sick as hell for 2+ weeks, one was admitted to the hospital for a short while when oxygen levels plummeted. Just amazing how dumb people are.

Similar story to one couple that's a family friend of my parents. Don't think they are really big anti-vaxxers... haven't personally seen them for a few years.... but were just too lazy/ flippant to get the jab. Both were sick as hell for 2+ weeks, one was admitted to the hospital for a short while when oxygen levels plummeted. Just amazing how dumb people are.
ditto for my buddy. really wasn't as much anti vax as lazy. and honestly i suspect that comprises a significant portion of non vax - particularly amongst young americans

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Thoughts and prayers bro.

The positive is that the numbers are strongly in his favor, and there is a lot more treatment info available now than a year ago.
Thanks. I know highly educated people including medical folks that are anti Covid vaccine.

Doesn’t seem to me shouting insults is going to solve anything. I think it should be a personal choice. Our golf buddy will live or die with his choice. I am guessing if he survives he will not feel any different about the vaccine.

My young son and his teacher wife haven’t been willing to get it yet. I shared this story with them last night.

Reactions: ORG and DANC
Thanks. I know highly educated people including medical folks that are anti Covid vaccine.

Doesn’t seem to me shouting insults is going to solve anything. I think it should be a personal choice. Our golf buddy will live or die with his choice. I am guessing if he survives he will not feel any different about the vaccine.

My young son and his teacher wife haven’t been willing to get it yet. I shared this story with them last night.

Tell people to follow the advice of their doctor. Have you met a practicing Dr (in person, not an internet quack) who hasn't advocated for it? I know some pretty conservative Docs and they've all been vaxxed right from the start, as have all their family.

Tell people to follow the advice of their doctor. Have you met a practicing Dr (in person, not an internet quack) who hasn't advocated for it? I know some pretty conservative Docs and they've all been vaxxed right from the start, as have all their family.
My brother lives in Bowling Green Kentucky, aka Rand Paul Quackville, and his doctor has been antivaccine all along. But his doctor is also into selling vitamin supplements that make crazy promises, putting people on hydroxychloroquine, and in general being nutty. So there are a few of them out there. There is always somebody who finishes last in their med school class.

Personally met nurse practitioner, nurses and chiropractors but so far no doc who said don’t take.

Best to your golf buddy. It’s really encouraging that the vaccine worked for his wife and the other couple. Is this story a statement that vaccine mandates are not all that useful for those who chose to be vaxxed?

Last edited:

Covid was made political from the start. It was never allowed to be just a medical issue and a medical decision. The folks who did that have blood on their hands - just like the folks they blame - and are typically the ones pointing fingers and tossing the toxicity around.

I hope your friend makes it and can make his own choices without being targeted and tormented by people who think differently.

Best to your golf buddy. It’s really encouraging that the vaccine worked for his wife and the other couple. Is this story a statement that vaccine mandates are not all that useful for those who chose to be vaxxed?
Thanks. Just a story of what occurred. I am not making any statements.

Two of my staff have refused to be vaccinated. I sent email to all my staff this morning similar to what I posted here. Both had Covid earlier this year when I closed office for 10 days. One of my staff has 18 yearold daughter that had some problems after second shot.

Last edited:

This makes me sad. We can argue all we want, but the effects are real . . . hopefully he comes out of this OK, but if not . . . he'll be missed . . . .

Covid was made political from the start. It was never allowed to be just a medical issue and a medical decision. The folks who did that have blood on their hands - just like the folks they blame - and are typically the ones pointing fingers and tossing the toxicity around.

I hope your friend makes it and can make his own choices without being targeted and tormented by people who think differently.
Good lord. Such distemper . . . we ought to take you to the vet.

Hey Stoll, I hope your buddy gets better very soon. I have to respect him from afar for being resolute in his decisions. I know those who love him are probably going through hell right know, but they also loved him for his firm personal opinions.

As a side question, more medical related but I've wondered about this before. I don't know how a respiratory virus can trigger the human body to go into a coma. I am assuming these "coma's" are medically induced, just to make you calm and accept the vent tube without fighting the normal human reaction. Anyone have any knowledge? Natural Coma or an induced coma? (FWIW, I figure they are induced).

[...]

I sure hope it works out for him. My unvaxxed next door neighbor lady died a couple weeks ago. Her husband and adult son were unvaxxed as well. They said they were going to get the shot, but of course it was too late for Abuela.

I sure hope it works out for him. My unvaxxed next door neighbor lady died a couple weeks ago. Her husband and adult son were unvaxxed as well. They said they were going to get the shot, but of course it was too late for Abuela.

Let all of us vaccinated folks pray we aren’t the ones that incubated and caused the mutations that became/created the variants now proving deadly to our fellow citizens, while some on the left happily celebrate those deaths as “just desserts.”

And let us also fondly hope and fervently pray that this mighty scourge may speedily pass away.

Let all of us vaccinated folks pray we aren’t the ones that incubated and caused the mutations that became/created the variants now proving deadly to our fellow citizens, while some on the left happily celebrate those deaths as “just desserts.”

And let us also fondly hope and fervently pray that this mighty scourge may speedily pass away.
The Delta variant arose some time back in India, before vaccinations were widely available there.

I wish your buddy well.

Reactions: stollcpa

were you the one talking about covid in the Amish community down there a while back?

if so, how did that come out?

My best wishes to your friend. I have a pair of twins on the girls travel softball team that I coach lose their father to Covid this past November. Really tragic. Makes you appreciate the limited time we have on this mortal coil.

• Sad
Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Reactions: DrHoops
Take your pick. Whatever supports your point of view.
Well, I'd like to get some accurate information about which it might be.

Neither of the Moderna nor the Pfizer vaccine is associated with GBS. The Jansen vaccine is . . . but has "only" a .0008% incidence . . .

. . . other vaccines have been associated with GBS, like a flu shot . . . and infections have been associated with it too. So which event is the source is kind of a big deal . . . .

what's particularly interesting is how much isolated myocarditis cases from the vax are brought up by the anti vax crowd, particularly Tucker Carlson.

wasn't that what IU's Feeny suffered last yr after getting covid, that in turn ended up possibly playing some part in the B10 canceling the season at the time, since myocarditis was one of the rare side effects of covid itself..

i wonder what the incident rates of myocarditis are after covid itself, vs after the vax.

Is that from the shot? If so, which vaccine?

Or is that from having had COVID?
Supposedly after the shot. He had Covid earlier before getting shot. Had the reaction after the shot.

Ive left the course. Will have to text to find out which shot.

Edit Pfizer

Last edited:
Reactions: Sope Creek
Can't get in them . . . feet are too wide. 6E . . . sometimes a 4E will do.

What's up with you? Thought you'd retired from practicing law and you have nothing but time to spend however you want.
Retired from my firm

Contemplating future

trying to re-learn golf with a bad back

have an offer to teach

may mediate

renewed my insurance and license, just in case a fee falls in my lap

a state court judge wants me to be his clerk (!) - he is a raging liberal and wants to order me around.

may just retire fully

took one trip to Charleston

hoping to go to football games soon - but vaccinations and masks may not be enough! (Fauci lied - football died)

Having voted against Trump in 2 primaries and 2 generals, and getting vaccinated as soon as they'd let me, I'm tired of being called a Trumptard and anti-vaxxer by liberals who are about as open-minded as a brick

one told me my dead mother failed to raise me properly

another told me he hoped I got Covid and died with all the other Trumpers

one read my e-mail saying I had been vaccinated in April but viewed forced vaccinations of soldiers as different than requiring teachers to get vaccinated to be in the classroom - and told me I was banned from his group because they wanted "no anti-vaxx bs"

Ignorance and intolerance on steroids from people claiming to be intellectual superiors of, well, everybody

and this after watching my downtown boarded up, partially burned and having many small business friends lose their business due to BLM "marchers" for Breonna Taylor - who's mother said they never even returned her calls and who have not been back to help a single family of a single black kid murdered here at a new city record pace since they left.

so yeah, I'm a bit surly and curt to fools who paint me with those brushes

Think I'll hire someone to punch them so I can remain be paci-fist

Supposedly after the shot. He had Covid earlier before getting shot. Had the reaction after the shot.

Ive left the course. Will have to text to find out which shot.
OK . . . but the coincidence of the shot and GBS does not equal causation.

Think I'll hire someone to punch them so I can remain be paci-fist
BTDT . . . doesn't work. And neither does doing it yourself. It's a human condition thing.

I've got a book that when Fred the tropical storm/hurricane shows up next week I'm gonna send your way. A friend brought it by . . . it quotes "City Slickers", so it can't be all bad.

Don't worry, I bought copies for several folks . . . and have already given one to the guy intended. Got several more to hand out. You've been on the list from the beginning.

Help is on the way. Cross my heart . . . .

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT