ADVERTISEMENT

Could Helene be the difference?

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Just spitballing here, but it seems to me that Helene is going to impact voter turnout in a lot of areas of FL, GA, and NC, and those areas will be predominately red/Pub leaning. With GA and NC being so close (and even FL being narrower than expected), would that be enough to put those states in the Dem column? Could that be the difference between a President Harris or a second Trump administration?

Just spitballing here, but it seems to me that Helene is going to impact voter turnout in a lot of areas of FL, GA, and NC, and those areas will be predominately red/Pub leaning. With GA and NC being so close (and even FL being narrower than expected), would that be enough to put those states in the Dem column? Could that be the difference between a President Harris or a second Trump administration?
Depends. If Virginia goes blue, it's still the rust belt that gets Harris over the top. But if she somehow loses Virginia, then a win in NC or GA would be enough to counter that loss. Similarly, if she keeps VA, but somehow loses PA, then either NC or GA would still be enough to clinch it.

However, most scenarios where NC or GA go blue have them being nothing more than icing on the cake.

Reactions: UncleMark
It could affect NC…Florida won’t be close and Georgia will go to Trump

The way the response has gone, it is more likely to push voters the other direction. The administration has done a dog shit job so far, particularly in North Carolina.

Reactions: ulrey
I’m waiting for Marc Elias to show up in the disaster areas with emergency plans protecting all these Republicans’ right to vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT