ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper's Touchdown/ Interaction With Cignetti

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
I don't know if I saw something that wasn't there or missed something leading up to it. When Cooper came off the field after the Touchdown, it appeared that Cignetti went right to Him and discussed something with Him. I won't say He got in his face, but Cignetti appeared to be animated and not particularly pleased. I didn't see anything in the Play that obviously led to this - showing up an opponent, hot dogging, or anything fundamentally wrong. Wondered if anyone else noticed this and had an idea of what the discussion could have been about.

Then by the end Cig was smiling a little. Since somebody had mentioned it in the chat I watched the play a few times. Other than holding the ball by one hand sort of down at his side for the last stride into the endzone I didn't see anything either. If Cig saw that and was upset he's got an eye for detail. Maybe felt the ball could be dropped. Just guessing, spitballing.

Then by the end Cig was smiling a little. Since somebody had mentioned it in the chat I watched the play a few times. Other than holding the ball by one hand sort of down at his side for the last stride into the endzone I didn't see anything either. If Cig saw that and was upset he's got an eye for detail. Maybe felt the ball could be dropped. Just guessing, spitballing.
If that was the discussion, I can understand Cig's position. There have been several plays in recent weeks in other games where that has happened costing teams a touchdown. If I were Coaching, I would be teaching the Players to run through the end line of the end zone with full control of the ball rather than the goal line. That way there is no question about how long the Player had control.

For whatever it’s worth, Doyle mentioned that was the case, the way he handled the ball, in his article.

He also mentioned how it ended with him smiling.

I thought it was about handling the ball then the announcer said that very thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT