ADVERTISEMENT

Contagion on this Board

My IU football knowledge is significantly greater than yours will ever be, so please stop pretending otherwise. As for your OSU pick, it's hardly surprising that you wouldn't stand by it, just as you won't stand by your promise of a top 25 D. Like the post OSU landscape, you'll make excuses or disavow what you originally said or, most likely just disappear. Regardless, your credibility will take another hit, just like it does every time you respond to something I've said in another post while laughingly claiming to have me on ignore (sorry, but you were given up on that). It's so ridiculously dishonest and really speaks to how you are here.

The only person here who makes things up is you, though I realize you likely feel a need to compensate for your lack of IU football knowledge. All of that, however, is fine.

What I'm not a fan of is your mission to dictate what others who post here can say. If you want to be part of the all-sunshine crowd, be my guest. But some of us aren't afraid or unwilling to also point out the challenges and shortcomings of the program, no matter how much you wish to pretend they don't exist. Your truly bizarre lecture about truth telling, while ignoring the factual assertion that IU's defense was 9th in the Big Ten last year, was a classic example of your willingness to ignore basic facts. It's why your credibility here is zero and why this place would be infinitely better if you and a few others would leave immediately. You add nothing of value.
Quit changing the subject. You claimed that I predicted an IU victory over OSU. Show me where I said that. Again, you can't because it didn't happen.

You're nuts. Here's why. You make a statement that is a bald-faced lie, you can't substantiate it because it isn't true, I call you out on it, and then you make this crazy argument that I won't stand by something that I never said. Are you able to understand what's happening here? I think not. Please get some help.

Reactions: RBB89
Quit changing the subject. You claimed that I predicted an IU victory over OSU. Show me where I said that. Again, you can't because it didn't happen.

You're nuts. Here's why. You make a statement that is a bald-faced lie, you can't substantiate it because it isn't true, I call you out on it, and then you make this crazy argument that I won't stand by something that I never said. Are you able to understand what's happening here? I think not. Please get some help.

He is a beacon of truth and justice! Fighting to prove to all of us peons just how horrible Indiana University truly is as an institution.

Even if you did predict Indiana to beat Ohio State, who cares? It's an Indiana fan board. It's supposed to be fun.

Before the season began I questioned the upside of the Hoosiers defense given the recruiting ranking of this year's class. It was my opinion. A few people who post quite often posted about me being negative every year. That was their opinion. I had no problems with their posts. I have no obligation to defend my opinion or attack anyone else's. On top of this it is an anonymous board. Keep it civilized. Make your point or counterpoint and move on. And if you really need to - use the private message function.

Last year I got a couple private messages from Richard Lagow's father. I thought that was pretty cool.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

I highly suggest putting that dumba$$ on ignore again, your life will be significantly better ! Before you do ask him about his IU-UVA prediction (since he wants to harp on your OSU prediction), or better yet, ask him if Tunstill is going to be a walk on next year or get a scholly from IU , LOL !
For a guy that claims to know so much, he truly hasn’t a clue.

Reactions: IUgradman
I highly suggest putting that dumba$$ on ignore again, your life will be significantly better ! Before you do ask him about his IU-UVA prediction (since he wants to harp on your OSU prediction), or better yet, ask him if Tunstill is going to be a walk on next year or get a scholly from IU , LOL !

...and how he liked "attending" the Nebraska game last season. Or if he is still plagerizing sports writers material in his posts on this board...lol

Reactions: JohnsyRick

You’re a liar. Of course you did and now you won’t stand by it. Hardly a surprise. What a coward.

...and how he liked "attending" the Nebraska game last season. Or if he is still plagerizing sports writers material in his posts on this board...lol
Says the guy who got thumped by Jake and Jad, who then revealed that he wasn’t the person he portrayed himself to be. Lol

I'm gonna go out on a limb and try to lighten up things around here, a little bit. Warning: This is an attempt to bring a smile to your face!

There IS contagion here and I was exposed to it in the fall of 1971! I am afflicted with HOOSIERITIS because I love dem HOOSIERS! Doctor! Please tell me -- there is no cure!

What was your UVA prediction? Better yet, tell us all about seeing McCabe play last year and then not being able to share any of the details of it. Or about coming up with a fake handle in response to you not being able to offer your own predictions.

The sunshine boys are out, just as I predicted they would be. Dissent is not tolerated.

Even if you did predict Indiana to beat Ohio State, who cares? It's an Indiana fan board. It's supposed to be fun.
Exactly. It’s the people who predict anything and then run from it that are the most loathsome. Or, even worse, those who who make predictions but criticize the ones made by others. The ultimate frauds and cowards.

You’re a liar. Of course you did and now you won’t stand by it. Hardly a surprise. What a coward.
I'll say it again, in the hope that perhaps you're having a lucid moment and can comprehend this. Find the post that supports your claim and direct me to it.

And, btw, anonymous message board posting - - at least in the world most of us inhabit - - involves neither cowardice nor courage.

Several of them are connected toIU, and this is about perpetuating a politically acceptable message. Trust me, dissent is not tolerated.
And your conspiracy theory paranoia is truly troubling. If I or anyone else here was intolerant of dissent and had any power to do anything about it, you would have been long gone.

I'll say it again, in the hope that perhaps you're having a lucid moment and can comprehend this. Find the post that supports your claim and direct me to it.

And, btw, anonymous message board posting - - at least in the world most of us inhabit - - involves neither cowardice nor courage.
I'm certain it doesn't exist anymore and, as I said, I understand why you're running from it now. Not owning those things is common among the all-sunshine crowd.

And your conspiracy theory paranoia is truly troubling. If I or anyone else here was intolerant of dissent and had any power to do anything about it, you would have been long gone.
I've never believed anyone would give you the power to do a book burning, as you've now admitted you'd like to do. Your intolerance exists on the fringes, as is typically the case with people who can't tolerate opinions other than their own. I'm glad we finally agree . . .

No, it takes guts to criticize the predictions of others when you can't make one yourself. I'm sure you hear this often, but try harder to keep up.

Never have I ever done what you just wrote out. Projection is a real pain. And on that note, back to ignore. 3 pages of this is enough

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Regardless, the defense is good and I don't have to leave the room when the other team has the ball anymore; that's "top 25" in my book

can we move on ?

Well Top 50 anyways. But at least now it is still exciting to watch every game into at least the third quarter. And for more than a decade that was not always the case.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'm certain it doesn't exist anymore and, as I said, I understand why you're running from it now. Not owning those things is common among the all-sunshine crowd.
It (a post by me predicting an IU win over OSU) never existed. Here's what did and does exist, in the thread started on 8/30 called "Official Friday Morning Prediction Thread - Wednesday Edition":

I'm usually up for a prediction, but I'll defer to you Nostradamuses on this one. Of the four possible scenarios of close IU loss, blowout IU loss, close IU win or blowout IU win, only the fourth scenario is definitely not in the cards, in my view. As I said in another thread, opening games are tough to call under ordinary circumstances, but there are so many additional variables/factors in this game that I just don't have a clue.

If we're still hanging around in the 4th quarter with a chance to win, I'll be happy. I know we lead the world in moral victories, and we're sick of them, but this might be the best team in the country we're playing. An upset is improbable, but I'm still hoping like hell that we shock the world.

21 Bowlmania, Aug 30, 2017
Edit Delete Report
+ Quote Reply
Thomtar, IU? I'm Fine and Tokyo Steve like this.

"I'm usually up for a prediction but I'll defer to you Nostradamuses on this one . . . An upset is improbable." (improbable means unlikely). Can you comprehend that? Let me be of assistance. A rational person would not interpret this as a prediction of an IU victory.

You're either delusional or a pathological liar. Again, I am imploring you to seek professional help. Seriously.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Possibly a non-well executed late night reply of frustration to the arrogance & condescending tone of the (usually negative posters) that start with something along lines of “you may not have played the game” or “having coached for years” or “as a fan for over 40 years, or how long have you followed Team” type posts that are so lame.

I will restate that I like any good insightful post about the team, strategy, areas to improve upon and I like to see puntjounpunt stats as well.

I just can’t get the “Fire Glass, where is Wilson” stuff at all- live in the present. I think Allen doing a great job 5 whole games into year 1, and yes we ultimately got spanked by OSU & PSU, but the defense was respectable and think allows IU to potentially hang with and even beat any remaining team we play.

Of course offense has questions. I for one wasn’t sure about Hiller hire as Oline coach, but I’m also aware not one Senior in the bunch, see they do have size and think signs of improvement are there, so giving him year before judging.

Ramsey is NOT Dobbs yet (as someone inferred) but can see the QB son smarts in him, he seems quite accurate in the sub-20 yard pass game, does have good mobility with a winners attitude.

We are fairly rested after yesterday, hopefully will get a few guys back who’ve been out (Hale?) and after UM lost at home, think we have a great shot to pull an upset next week.

And candidly, MSU appears back to closer to normal, bet benefited greatly from horrible QB play, the rain and still almost lost when I thought they should have been up 21 with all those picks. So yes, IU could play them well in Lansing too!

That’s not delusional happy talk, it’s just pointing out the positives based on facts that IU has young talent, a fairly good defense and now a starting QB to gel around (and maybe the UVA win was better than thought) so why not be optimistic about rest of the season.

THAT is/was my sole beef. Why focus on the negative, who’s not here or how bad things are vs what may be possible in the present?

But insightful analysis or constructive criticism or questions about game decisions are of course expected on this board.
I hold no special love or hate of Wilson. He led us to two bowl games and left the program in better shape than he received it. Glass? He didn't hire Crean but he did the right thing in firing him. He brought in Wilson and as I mentioned, the program is better shape than it was before.

CTA is our guy now. I feel he sat players this week so they will be ready for next week. Maybe that cost us a few points maybe it didn't. We only needed a field goal to win the game. Hopefully we will get players back this week and be as strong as we have been all season. We will have a different plan against UM and we need to hold on to the ball or the best plan means nothing.

A win this week s all that matters. It puts us 2 wins away from bowl eligibility with 3 winnable games left. I'm optimistic, but we have a lot to improve on and a lot needs to fall our way. We have a lot of young players that are getting better. As bad as CSU was, we still came out without more injuries and more experience for our depth.

I hold no special love or hate of Wilson. He led us to two bowl games and left the program in better shape than he received it. Glass? He didn't hire Crean but he did the right thing in firing him. He brought in Wilson and as I mentioned, the program is better shape than it was before.

CTA is our guy now. I feel he sat players this week so they will be ready for next week. Maybe that cost us a few points maybe it didn't. We only needed a field goal to win the game. Hopefully we will get players back this week and be as strong as we have been all season. We will have a different plan against UM and we need to hold on to the ball or the best plan means nothing.

A win this week s all that matters. It puts us 2 wins away from bowl eligibility with 3 winnable games left. I'm optimistic, but we have a lot to improve on and a lot needs to fall our way. We have a lot of young players that are getting better. As bad as CSU was, we still came out without more injuries and more experience for our depth.

Eh...I'd say 4 winnable games. I consider @Maryland winnable.

I said at the beginning of the year that I could see a six and six season. But I think all of the games are winnable.

Well Top 50 anyways. But at least now it is still exciting to watch every game into at least the third quarter. And for more than a decade that was not always the case.
Our defense is ranked 22nd in the nation according to the S&P+. Just looking at total yards or points allowed is pointless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT