ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to this team on a great win.

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
They could have easily folded and thrown this in the toilet, but they came out and played hard and competed. Everyone's focused on Green, who was terrific, but this was one of the best team efforts we've had. Thompson made huge hustle plays throughout, Smith pestered Wieskamp early and kept him off his game until it was almost too late, Hunter and Davis had some good minutes/plays off the bench and TJD was his terrific self in an understated way. I thought he was by far our best defender on Garza all night, but Davis did OK too. That guy is just a load. The best BT performance I've seen this year, but they also said he got what, 44 against UM? We don't hit a ton of FTs and Garza has a career night, and we still led by double digits throughout the second half. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good effort. Now they have to find a way to win a couple on the road! I think we need 4 more wins, but I'm greedy! Good effort Hoosiers!

Last edited:
They could have easily folded and thrown this in the toilet, but they came out and played hard and competed. Everyone's focused on Green, who was terrific, but this was one of the best team efforts we've had. Thompson made huge hustle plays throughout, Smith pestered Wieskamp early and kept him off his game until it was almost too late, Hunter and Davis had some good minutes/plays off the bench and TJD was his terrific self in an understated way. I thought he was by far our best defender on Garza all night, but Davis did OK too. That guy is just a load. The best BT performance I've seen this year, but they also said he got what, 44 against UM? We don't hit a ton of FTs and Garza has a career night, and we still led by double digits throughout the second half. It wasn't perfect, but it was a good effort. Now they have to find a way to win a couple on the road! I think we need 4 more wins, but I'm greedy! Good effort Hoosiers!

One other thing I'd mention, and was surprised at, but I liked how Franklin came in and defended that guard (Evelyn) who I wasn't even familiar with. He was blowing by Durham and Green at will and Franklin did a good job of staying in front of him, even though he played very little. I think it got the kid off his game. I think Franklin's going to be a solid player for us. I hope he develops but also pushes Durham to be a better ballplayer as a senior.

Reactions: iubud
One other thing I'd mention, and was surprised at, but I liked how Franklin came in and defended that guard (Evelyn) who I wasn't even familiar with. He was blowing by Durham and Green at will and Franklin did a good job of staying in front of him, even though he played very little. I think it got the kid off his game. I think Franklin's going to be a solid player for us. I hope he develops but also pushes Durham to be a better ballplayer as a senior.

I like Al. that said, I think Al is what he is. If the team has to.rely.on Al playing a big part, it's not a good thing. I really,.sincerely hope that OK gets a juco or a transfer who is worthy of limiting Durham's minutes next season.

I hope Franklin's game develops.

Be interesting to see what we can do on the road but they may have tuened the corner.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I like Al. that said, I think Al is what he is. If the team has to.rely.on Al playing a big part, it's not a good thing. I really,.sincerely hope that OK gets a juco or a transfer who is worthy of limiting Durham's minutes next season.

I hope Franklin's game develops.
Galloway plays defense!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern Pain

You know what's odd about Durham? He never seems to try to get ahead of a player to cut off his drive to the basket.....he just runs beside him unless the other guy just completely gets by him.....

Reactions: kkott
You know what's odd about Durham? He never seems to try to get ahead of a player to cut off his drive to the basket.....he just runs beside him unless the other guy just completely gets by him.....

For as decent an athlete as he is, his lateral quickness sucks. I still believe his legs are just super weak and he's got shitty balance. In addition to scads of shooting I really hope he works on this with trainers and also does a lot of yoga in the off season. I really think he's improved a lot since his freshman year, when to me he looked only slightly less lost than Damezi has, but he's still got plenty of room to improve and I believe it might be doing things that are realistic. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT