ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on the win IU

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
Woody had a good game plan in the first half. I was surprised he went away from it for a long stretch in the second half. TJD was a problem and JHS came up big late. I look forward to watching both as pros next year. :)

We had a few guys rattled early by the environment and physicality. That and uncharacteristically poor free throw shooting were a recipe for disaster.

It was nice to see them battle back but we just dug ourselves too much of a hole.

See you in a few weeks.

Woody had a good game plan in the first half. I was surprised he went away from it for a long stretch in the second half. TJD was a problem and JHS came up big late. I look forward to watching both as pros next year. :)

We had a few guys rattled early by the environment and physicality. That and uncharacteristically poor free throw shooting were a recipe for disaster.

It was nice to see them battle back but we just dug ourselves too much of a hole.

See you in a few weeks.
Nice post.
It is supposed to be hard to beat us at home, so great job attendees.
Huge rebound difference against us. Not sure how to keep that from happening next time.
PUs 10-17 FTs and 6-20 three point shots helped us. Maybe our D caused the 33% from the arc. Cant take credit for the 58% from the line.

Reactions: boilerzz
Nice post.
It is supposed to be hard to beat us at home, so great job attendees.
Huge rebound difference against us. Not sure how to keep that from happening next time.
PUs 10-17 FTs and 6-20 three point shots helped us. Maybe our D caused the 33% from the arc. Cant take credit for the 58% from the line.
Oh, I think the environment helped with the free throws early too. Seemed like most of the, were long. Guys were clearly jacked up.

See you in a few weeks.
Just for this post, I dont think I will ignore you! Classiest thing I think Ive ever heard from a PU fan on here! Doesnt say much, but if any of you Broilees do more of this rather than troll and bs, things could be more civil between us! Dont have any hope though!

See you in a few weeks.
Fun game to watch. I thought Woody did a great job of keeping defensive pressure on Edey and your guards with constant pick and rolls. Got away from it a bit and JHS missed a few shots in the second and Edey was almost enough to snatch the victory.

I look forward to see what adjustments are made going into the next one.

We still have a lot of work to do before then though.

See you in a few weeks.
Piss off

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Looking forward to a Saturday or Sunday matchup in the BTT where both teams are at full strength.

Having 3.5 players out/playing injured limited our bench today.

Hopefully the refs at Mackey allow TJD and Edey to play full games without overly serious foul trouble like was the case today.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

See you in a few weeks.
Give Painter credit: he adjusted in the second half where Woodson didn’t. Great game and glad IU is back to renew the rivalry. See you at Mackey.

Give Painter credit: he adjusted in the second half where Woodson didn’t. Great game and glad IU is back to renew the rivalry. See you at Mackey.
I think Woody adjusted just poorly. Those first 4 minutes when we decided not to double Edey in the post and he scored what I think was a quick 8 were painful to watch

I think Woody adjusted just poorly. Those first 4 minutes when we decided not to double Edey in the post and he scored what I think was a quick 8 were painful to watch
Painter “adjusted” by pounding the ball into the 6’4” 300 lb player of the year leader over and over. The fact that he had to adjust to that speaks volumes. Edey made quicker decisive moves in the second. He could and should do that every game. Nobody in college can guard his combination of size and strength.

IU helped PU by missing several wide open looks. IU started doubling on the pass as opposed to on the dribble as the second half went on. Great adjustment by Woody and/or players. Our rotations were amazing down the stretch. Oh and we beat the #1 team in the country.

Master class in coaching by Woody and incredible energy and effort from everyone who got in the game for IU.

Painter “adjusted” by pounding the ball into the 6’4” 300 lb player of the year leader over and over. The fact that he had to adjust to that speaks volumes. Edey made quicker decisive moves in the second. He could and should do that every game. Nobody in college can guard his combination of size and strength.

IU helped PU by missing several wide open looks. IU started doubling on the pass as opposed to on the dribble as the second half went on. Great adjustment by Woody and/or players. Our rotations were amazing down the stretch. Oh and we beat the #1 team in the country.

Master class in coaching by Woody and incredible energy and effort from everyone who got in the game for IU.
Agreed. Not sure why we changed up those first few minutes but thankfully adjusted. Then PUke started hitting from outside. If they hit a high percentage from deep they’re almost impossible to beat. Considering no XJ and the dumb fouls by Kopp we played a gem

Reactions: Beorik
You are you going to leave open if you double Edey? They have several guys that can shoot the 3 consistently. IMO, Woody coached a dang good game & the players gave 3xcellent effort

You are you going to leave open if you double Edey? They have several guys that can shoot the 3 consistently. IMO, Woody coached a dang good game & the players gave 3xcellent effort
Edey is automatic if he catches the ball 5’ from the basket without being doubled because nobody can force him to adjust that little hook shot. At least the shooters even if open have to hit the shot. And they did have a little run late where they hit a few but I’d still take my chances on that

Painter had no choice but to adjust or lose by 35. Coach Woodson reasoned he wouldn't make changes until he identified PUke's adjustments.
Team showed real resolve. Bent but didn't break in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT