ADVERTISEMENT

Conference predictions out.

Yeah, I think Braden had a good game vs us in the last game, but the prior 3, my recollection is he had pretty poor games. I think Galloway in particular bothered him with his size. Hoping for (much) more of the same with Rice and Carlyle added to the mix. There was a post from someone (Rothstein?) that Carlyle has been the biggest surprise on both sides of the ball. Hope that's true!
Only for people who haven't been paying attention. I said months ago that Carlyle could possibly be the best player on this team.

Wow, Carlyle probably is doing good if he is going against Cupps, the best defensive guard in the country!
I know this is hard for you, but Rice is going to be our starting PG or 1. That would make Carlyle a 2. Cupps is a 1, so that would make Galloway a 2 and hence that would mean Carlyle is probably generally going against Galloway and that's a very good matchup. Cupps should be fine as a backup PG, which is at best the role he should've had last year. Remind me again, why are you here?

I know this is hard for you, but Rice is going to be our starting PG or 1. That would make Carlyle a 2. Cupps is a 1, so that would make Galloway a 2 and hence that would mean Carlyle is probably generally going against Galloway and that's a very good matchup. Cupps should be fine as a backup PG, which is at best the role he should've had last year. Remind me again, why are you here?
And going against Cupps every day in practice probably would make him better...for what its worth.

From all reports, Cupps is a guy that gets after it pretty much all the time. There's value in going against that every day, even if Carlyle physically out matches him.

Reactions: stollcpa
he's just another GBI dork over here trolling for attention. You know...another Stuart Smalley. As soon as he posts here, he runs back and posts on GBI. Will take a couple early season PU losses to swat these mosquitoes....but, the killing freeze is coming.

• Love
Reactions: kkott and stollcpa
He underachieved. Easily had 2 of the top 5 players in the league. He will underachieve again.
Lmao. Did you forget both players missed significant games and played hobbled. I mean context matters. I mean MP lost to that team twice and lost in the first round…isn’t that underachieving? Don’t you have a Twitter post from DD to look at or something?

Lmao. Did you forget both players missed significant games and played hobbled. I mean context matters. I mean MP lost to that team twice and lost in the first round…isn’t that underachieving? Don’t you have a Twitter post from DD to look at or something?
He's dumb. He lacks basketball knowledge. Don't waste your time or breath. He's the same dumbass that will nitpick stupid shit when they win by 30...he's a waste.

Considering Woodson already has a 2nd place finish with a much lesser roster top to bottom, this just seems like a lazy (and dumb) comment.
A 2nd-place finish in a weak B1G and a Round of 32 appearance in three seasons is nothing to celebrate. Nor are the numerous ass-kickings IU has experienced under MW, including multiple drubbings by powerhouses Nebraska and Penn State. How is that not underachieving? If you can offer a reasonable, valid argument that MW has been successful at IU, I'm all ears.

A 2nd-place finish in a weak B1G and a Round of 32 appearance in three seasons is nothing to celebrate. Nor are the numerous ass-kickings IU has experienced under MW, including multiple drubbings by powerhouses Nebraska and Penn State. How is that not underachieving? If you can offer a reasonable, valid argument that MW has been successful at IU, I'm all ears.
Who said anything about celebrating? Who said anything about being successful? Literally the only thing I said was that line of reasoning was dumb. I have no interest in discussing anything else with a whiner such as yourself. If you want pity...go talk to a mirror. Or a shrink.

Who said anything about celebrating? Who said anything about being successful? Literally the only thing I said was that line of reasoning was dumb. I have no interest in discussing anything else with a whiner such as yourself. If you want pity...go talk to a mirror. Or a shrink.
I'm sorry that logic and facts upset you. I sincerely apologize.

I did not say IU was bad! Purdue still has a 7-2 and a 7-4 guy, so maybe we should wait and see how they play. UCONN had 3 pros on their team, does anyone in the BT have more than 1? You must of not had watched Smith when he played at Illinois against their 6-6 Pro guard and 6-7 Pg? He was special! Purdue has history on their side, recent history, not decades ago history. Purdue has averaged over 30-6 over the last few years. Of the last 11 losses in the last two years only 2 losses were double digit! IU with 3 pros the last couple years has had over 20 double digit losses and almost half of them were over 20! Smith is getting his accolades because he WINS! Purdue ran away with B10 the last two years! Purdue has 3 starters back from a F4 team, IU has 2 starters back! Woody, is he up to it? I think IU's weak non-conf scheduling says they have doubts!

Get the F*** off my lawn and go back to GBI.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT