ADVERTISEMENT

Committee Hearings.

Remember when Republicans campaigned on gas prices and inflation?

We're getting hearing on Twitter and laptops.

As long as the otherside pawns the other, we're never going to get anywhere.
Tell me what Republicans can do about gas prices and inflation.

That’s what they campaigned on. Any idea when they are going to attempt to do anything about it? Appears to be all about Hunter’s laptop and trans people right now.
Right now, all the GOP can do is try and stop the damage the Democrats will try and inflict.

But if you are trying to give me and mine a majority in the House, a veto-proof majority in the Senate and the White House, just to see what we can do - I accept.

Right now, all the GOP can do is try and stop the damage the Democrats will try and inflict.

But if you are trying to give me and mine a majority in the House, a veto-proof majority in the Senate and the White House, just to see what we can do - I accept.
Like 2016?

Tell me what Republicans can do about gas prices and inflation.

US produced oil prices don't need to be tied to a monopolistic cartel controlled world commodity price that's usually totally disconnected to supply and demand, but could instead be tied to cost of production plus a reasonable rate of return on investment.

the US could ban exporting US produced oil.

we could also not sell our largest US refinery to Saudi Arabia, or be closing refineries, but expanding and regulating them instead.

of course those things can't happen if oil companies or hedge funds who own them, are allowed to buy the US govt.

US produced oil prices don't need to be tied to a monopolistic cartel controlled world commodity price that's usually totally disconnected to supply and demand, but could instead be tied to cost of production plus a reasonable rate of return on investment.

we could also not sell our largest US refinery to Saudi Arabia, or be closing refineries, but expanding and regulating them instead.

of course those things can't happen if oil companies or hedge funds who own them, are allowed to buy the US govt.
Maybe you misunderstood the questions - what can Republicans do about it?

I have no idea. They campaigned on it though, so they should be able to back up their campaign promises, no?
What were their campaign promises?

I remember them saying they would try to get the budget under control so inflation would come down. That was met with - again - total demagoguery by Democrats.

What did they promise to do about gas prices? They don't have the power to reverse Biden's war on fossil fuels. Pointing out high gas prices is not a 'campaign promise'.

What were their campaign promises?

I remember them saying they would try to get the budget under control so inflation would come down. That was met with - again - total demagoguery by Democrats.

What did they promise to do about gas prices? They don't have the power to reverse Biden's war on fossil fuels. Pointing out high gas prices is not a 'campaign promise'.

Inflation, border, gas prices

From the article:

In an op-ed published in the Houston Chronicle last week, Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana and Rep. Beth Van Duyne of Texas directly blamed the Biden administration for high gas prices and accused the Inflation Reduction Act of further limiting American energy production.

“Our country needs to produce more energy, not less,” Scalise and Van Duyne write, “but Democrats designed their extreme climate agenda to restrict oil and natural gas production and, it seems, torpedo the industry.” In the op-ed, the two politicians promise that the new Republican leadership in the House will “fight for expanding American energy production…and reverse Democrats’ damage to the oil and natural gas industry.”

This took a minute to find.

From the article:

In an op-ed published in the Houston Chronicle last week, Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana and Rep. Beth Van Duyne of Texas directly blamed the Biden administration for high gas prices and accused the Inflation Reduction Act of further limiting American energy production.

“Our country needs to produce more energy, not less,” Scalise and Van Duyne write, “but Democrats designed their extreme climate agenda to restrict oil and natural gas production and, it seems, torpedo the industry.” In the op-ed, the two politicians promise that the new Republican leadership in the House will “fight for expanding American energy production…and reverse Democrats’ damage to the oil and natural gas industry.”

gasoline was $2.46 on 1/22/2001

I stopped worrying about gasoline when natural gas got me a home heat bill 2.5 times last winter

From the article:

You're quoting an opinion piece.

We used to cap what was sold overseas but the fracing revolution changed that. Obama opened up trade because oil just sitting around(can’t refine all of it)does no good. Plus the types of crude used matters as you know different types yield different results and products. It’s really a dance. I’ll agree on the rest.

Reactions: Cortez88
Maybe you misunderstood the questions - what can Republicans do about it?

maybe you misunderstood my answer, or don't grasp how govt works.

or fail to grasp that as much as SOME Dems are owned by big oil and big money, ALL Pubs are far far more so.

or far more likely, you asked a question you really didn't want an answer to.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
maybe you misunderstood my answer, or don't grasp how govt works.

or fail to grasp that as much as SOME Dems are owned by big oil and big money, ALL Pubs are far far more so.

or far more likely, you asked a question you really didn't want an answer to.
Ah, the old, "yeah, but you guys are worse" argument.

Very persuasive.

I understand it was a opinion piece... that's why I quoted what the Reps wrote directly.
2 Representatives does not equal 'Republican Party'.

Unless you think whatever AOC or Ilhan Omar say represents the Democrat Party positions.

Why weren't all the videos released when Democrats controlled the House?
41k hours of tape and we've probably seen less than 1% of it. You know damn well the Dems and that sham committee would've released everything that makes Trump supporters look bad.

Reactions: DANC
41k hours of tape and we've probably seen less than 1% of it. You know damn well the Dems and that sham committee would've released everything that makes Trump supporters look bad.
I loved how Dems are losing their shit over the videos being given to Carlson.

McCarthy is smart - he knows Carlson will examine every second of those tapes and report whatever is found. Saves the House committee a lot of time.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Ah, the old, "yeah, but you guys are worse" argument.

Very persuasive.

not like all the votes in the house and senate, all the regulatory decisions, and all the court appointments, don't back up that Pubs are far worse as far as backing big money first, and you know it.

if you want credibility, which i'm not sure you really do, but seem more interested in full time trolling, don't post sht everyone knows isn't true.

and wtf gives with a grown individual wanting to be a troll all day every day?

Pubs have strong arguments on some things and Dems weak ones on some things.

even if you want to post all day every day here, you still could and just concentrate on those things, but you don't.

you instead spend tons of time and effort on things you and everyone else know aren't true, kill all your credibility on anything in the process, and brand yourself as a grown adult full time troll in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
not like all the votes in the house and senate, all the regulatory decisions, and all the court appointments, don't back up that Pubs are far worse as far as backing big money first, and you know it.

if you want credibility, which i'm not sure you really do, but seem more interested in full time trolling, don't post sht everyone knows isn't true.

and wtf gives with a grown individual wanting to be a troll all day every day?

Pubs have strong arguments on some things and Dems weak ones on some things.

even if you want to post all day every day here, you still could and just concentrate on those things, but you don't.

you instead spend tons of time and effort on things you and everyone else know aren't true, kill all your credibility on anything in the process, and brand yourself as a grown adult full time troll in the process.
^^^^ cuckoo ^^^^

yeah, sure hope Tucker and the Pubs don't find all the camera footage of Nancy and Chuck burning boxes of ballots in the capital basement, no doubt all of which were straight ticket ballots for Pubs, because the boxes were all clearly labeled "Uncounted Straight Ticket Pub Ballots"..

what we're probably going to find, is 41k hours of Trump supporters looking like unpatriotic insurrectionists and idiots from multiple camera angles of the footage already released, that all made Trump supporters look like unpatriotic insurrectionists and idiots.

McCarthy is smart - he knows Carlson will examine every second of those tapes and report whatever is found. Saves the House committee a lot of time.
Kind of like that election fraud you’re still waiting for?

Well, they looked very bad and releasing all the video won’t change that at all. I don’t understand why you think it would.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

If he stays up for 28.5 days straight he can watch every second.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Why do you think they might be nervous? We know what the rioting Trumpsters did already. Nothing will change that.
Not much will change about what we do know. Some of the people acted irresponsibly that day. Criminally so. Then again, you can take a snapshot of an event where someone is acting poorly and use that snapshot to sell a story.

For instance, Rodney King gets pulled over for acting poorly. High on drugs, resisting arrest. If you stopped the video or edited as such to take out the part where the four officers were beating the shit out of him...well, you are kind of missing a big part of the story.

There may be nothing in those 40,000 hours of tapes. Then again there may be things like police opening the doors and welcoming people into the Capitol who were later charged with parading. We might see police escalation against people who were caught in a crowd and not necessarily acting violently towards the officers. What we have now is the black and white version of events. Trumpers bad. Government heroes. How often is life that simplistic though? The government seems to be awfully intent on controlling the evidence and therefore the narrative around that day. That leads me to believe there is probably going to be some things inconvenient to that narrative in those videos. That wouldn't change the fact that some portion of the protestors that day turned into rioters, but it may change our views on the various involved government agencies and their potential culpability that day.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't fear sunlight. Who cares if Tucker gets to look through the tapes and air what he finds? There shouldn't be anything left to find after the completely impartial investigation and hearings performed by Congress. Those are our tapes, that is our building, and the government is our employees. If all the tapes show is Trumpers acting bad, then the release of the tapes should put the arguments about that day mostly to rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT