ADVERTISEMENT

College Finances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about bad comparisons?

You say Fleck didn’t have a QB at Minnesota, but you think Tommy did in Bloomington? Wow . . .
No, I stated Minny's qb from the previous season graduated. The next man up would then need to learn a whole new system obviously. IU had the same starting qb as the year before that went bowling. Big difference there chief.
It's trolling...nothing more. Look Ace you have sobbed to me that you are not one of Ordfan's sock puppets and I gave you the benefit of the doubt. The dump you have taken here recently makes continuing that courtesy difficult.
Sobbed? Lol. I'd say you are just stubborn and are haunted by whoever that is. I've seen you declare several posters that designation, including me. I've never seen anybody post by that username. I think you just like to make stuff up to look like a tough keyboard warrior. Please "tag" the username who probably abused you in the past, so I can see exactly who it is.
There's a reason for Kiffin's career regression. He's one of the most toxic coaches in all of football. FAU was probably his last opportunity for a head coaching gig. There's not a P5 program in the country that would have touched him.

Your shtick is getting old, guy.
Let's see. Kiffin was in the running for national coach of the year last year. His team also played on the road at Wisconsin last season, and gave them a better game than we did. He will be back in a P5 school within 5 years. (My guess is some SEC team) I'd be willing to wager that. We may have missed out like we did with Brad Stevens. Time will tell.

No, I stated Minny's qb from the previous season graduated. The next man up would then need to learn a whole new system obviously. IU had the same starting qb as the year before that went bowling. Big difference there chief.

Sobbed? Lol. I'd say you are just stubborn and are haunted by whoever that is. I've seen you declare several posters that designation, including me. I've never seen anybody post by that username. I think you just like to make stuff up to look like a tough keyboard warrior. Please "tag" the username who probably abused you in the past, so I can see exactly who it is.

Let's see. Kiffin was in the running for national coach of the year last year. His team also played on the road at Wisconsin last season, and gave them a better game than we did. He will be back in a P5 school within 5 years. (My guess is some SEC team) I'd be willing to wager that. We may have missed out like we did with Brad Stevens. Time will tell.

The irony here is your last sentence: “Time will tell.”

You want instant gratification and aren’t willing to give things time.
There is a reason that coaches can step in at Michigan, Alabama or Ohio State and rarely miss a beat. Those programs have years of a high-achieving system. Under your premise, a coach like Kirk Ferentz should have gotten the boot after his second season in 2000 with a record of 4-19. And, that’s a school that had a whole helluva lot of bowl history and success at that time than IU ever did.
How about Fitzgerald? In your world of “armchair AD” you would have canned his ass after his 4-8 first season in 2006. They didn’t name him interim coach upon Randy Walker’s death. They didn’t conduct a national search. They announced him as permanent head coach, at 31 years of age, no head coaching experience, coming on the heels of a 7-5 bowl season the previous year.

You keep saying that IU was “bowl ready.” The previous two years we had to claw into a bowl by winning the last games. We were always on the fence. 2015 we started 4-0 and then dropped 6 straight games, one of which was a debacle so bad at home against Rutgers that stands up there as one of the worst IU collapses ever.

So, no....I don’t think you know the program or the staff as well as you think.

Why weren’t you on here making a bunch of noise in 2014 when we were 4 years into the Wilson era without a bowl?

Reactions: 76-1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT