ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman Hawkins 2 mil from k state

$2M to be a borderline top-25 team and early exit in the tourney.

I could be talking about IU as well.

Reactions: ulrey
If true...which no one here knows...and I seriously doubt...would be quite an over payment.
If true ... what will happen is every other player on K state especially the ones better than Hawkins will be pissed for being short changed. Great formula for locker-room disgruntlement.

Dickheadson to Kansas caused a mass exodus, the two Freshman to Rutgers also. This one is too late in the process for anyone to leave ... but I bet there's some pissed off K state players ..

some inside info ,didnt see this myself thought he was way overated watching mvdonalds gane vbestplayer next year tucker, woody might bring himalong slowly by end of year nba draft right outside the lottery, hide and watch, cav was on the bates train, from what i hear mtybe im wrong kurt all in, hearing good stuff

Reactions: Cavanagh
some inside info ,didnt see this myself thought he was way overated watching mvdonalds gane vbestplayer next year tucker, woody might bring himalong slowly by end of year nba draft right outside the lottery, hide and watch, cav was on the bates train, from what i hear mtybe im wrong kurt all in, hearing good stuff
as an aside last time heard something likethis was a kid namedalford, diff sources but letssee

If true ... what will happen is every other player on K state especially the ones better than Hawkins will be pissed for being short changed. Great formula for locker-room disgruntlement.

Dickheadson to Kansas caused a mass exodus, the two Freshman to Rutgers also. This one is too late in the process for anyone to leave ... but I bet there's some pissed off K state players ..
I simply call BS on this one. Wrong program and wrong player for that number.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
If Tucker is the best player on this team at the end of the year, we should be a 1 or 2 seed. We got a lot of talent, that's for sure.

ex iu great told, talk to your reps you don't fit into our plans see if you can find a spot elsewhere. has best plus minus on the team sitting behind a superstar who is shooting 34 percent for the season.

Your post got me thinking. Perhaps the money could be linked to performance by the team. You get 2 million if we make the final four for instance
NIL cannot be tied to playing or performance.

The rev share contracts that start next year maybe, but of course it’s a competitive market to sign players and players will want their money regardless of the team’s result, which in a lot of ways is out of their control (coach/teammate performance, injuries, etc.). I’d guess team performance bonuses would be a very small part of the contracts with the schools.

NIL cannot be tied to playing or performance.

The rev share contracts that start next year maybe, but of course it’s a competitive market to sign players and players will want their money regardless of the team’s result, which in a lot of ways is out of their control (coach/teammate performance, injuries, etc.). I’d guess team performance bonuses would be a very small part of the contracts with the schools.
Can you be fired from your NIL and your team?

Can you be fired from your NIL and your team?
NIL yes if you don’t perform duties in your contract (can’t be related to playing). Others would know better than me. Probably stuff like missing agreed to appearances.

Team, assuming you mean the rev share, I don’t know, no contracts have been done yet that I know of. I’d assume it would be like typical contracts with different termination scenarios. It’s going to be weird when schools start paying players, and their contracts will likely be public.

Last edited:
If you are paid to play, and play poorly, it seems fair that you could be fired.
When the rev share starts college players will be paid to play like pros, and big compensation to play is going to come with an increase in expectations. Will be very interesting.

When the rev share starts college players will be paid to play like pros, and big compensation to play is going to come with an increase in expectations. Will be very interesting.
I am just waiting to see how many of the current players get into tax trouble. It won't be long and it won't be just a couple.

Look at the college graduate athletes that turn into crack heads or worse when they get their hands on some money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT