ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches talk about top NCAA QBs - semi off topic

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
There's an article on ESPN (behind a paywall) that has quotes from coaches on the top 44 NCAA QBs. (https://www.espn.com/college-footba...024-quarterback-confidential-college-football)

I was going through the B1G section and couldn't stop reading this quote about the OSU QB in Tom Allen's voice.

"Haven't played against him, but watching him on film, the dual [threat] part of that is always scary," a Big Ten defensive coordinator said. "He can run, big, physical guy. Those are tough guys to deal with, especially when you wait to see what Chip [Kelly] does and the influence he has. The style of play with Chip and a guy that can run, that helps. But at the same time, Kansas State was kind of built that way, too. I don't think he's elite. I just think he's a tough, gritty kid. The jury's still out."

I get that it's supposed to be anonymous but he's got such a unique manner of speech. None of this is especially relevant to IU football, but made me chuckle.

FWIW, Rourke didn't make the ESPN cut. The others mentioned were: Gabriel @ Oregon, Allar @ PSU, Moss @ USC, Van Dyke @ Wisconsin, Rogers @ Washington, Card @ Purdue, & Chiles @ Mich. State.

There's an article on ESPN (behind a paywall) that has quotes from coaches on the top 44 NCAA QBs. (https://www.espn.com/college-footba...024-quarterback-confidential-college-football)

I was going through the B1G section and couldn't stop reading this quote about the OSU QB in Tom Allen's voice.

"Haven't played against him, but watching him on film, the dual [threat] part of that is always scary," a Big Ten defensive coordinator said. "He can run, big, physical guy. Those are tough guys to deal with, especially when you wait to see what Chip [Kelly] does and the influence he has. The style of play with Chip and a guy that can run, that helps. But at the same time, Kansas State was kind of built that way, too. I don't think he's elite. I just think he's a tough, gritty kid. The jury's still out."

I get that it's supposed to be anonymous but he's got such a unique manner of speech. None of this is especially relevant to IU football, but made me chuckle.

FWIW, Rourke didn't make the ESPN cut. The others mentioned were: Gabriel @ Oregon, Allar @ PSU, Moss @ USC, Van Dyke @ Wisconsin, Rogers @ Washington, Card @ Purdue, & Chiles @ Mich. State.
Our coaches will get Rourke into the top level by the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT