ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cig was just on BTN

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
No BS, short answers. Absolutely love the guy. Says he recruits results over any potential. Character is a must. Said JMU went from the Oakland Raiders of penalties to leading the conference the last 2 years in least penalties.

No BS, short answers. Absolutely love the guy. Says he recruits results over any potential. Character is a must. Said JMU went from the Oakland Raiders of penalties to leading the conference the last 2 years in least penalties.
Discipline?

I like it

Reactions: 76-1 and Shuski
I hate to even say this. But it was Saban vibes. We’ve got a job, a plan, and we will execute it. That was it. No BS. No cheerleading. Just expectations of success.
Exactly my thoughts as well....if you closed your eyes and listened, you would have thought it was Saban talking.

Reactions: 76-1
Really funny as I was flipping through the channels on Monday I came across the James Madison vs coastal Carolina game . I decided to watch a little of the game , and the more I watched the more I thought this team is good and well coached . I had heard coach Cigs name mentioned , so I posted on here and said this guy was intense. Now he is our coach , and if he can get our team to play like JM did then we are in for some fun football . 🏈

A quick success marker will be which of our players come back from the portal (he may not want all of them).
Next measure will be who transfers in from the portal.
Finally, and I am not sure about the rules, what high school seniors de commit and come to us.

Ok, watched the interview. This is the coach I'd been dreaming Indiana could have someday.

I'd post my comments, but first I have to go run through a brick wall for coach, then I'll be back. !!!

I liked that he has his plan and system but "adapts to the personnel at hand"
GoHoosiers

Reactions: 76-1
Was DiNardo on with him?

I hope to God he embarrassed coach off-tackle to no end

Discipline?

I like it
I remember reading an article about Coach Mallory's 1st year where the existing players from Sam Wyche were shocked by Mallory's structured/discipline coaching style. Some guys are a HC and some are just good coordinators. You really have to be an overseer. make good critical personnel decisions & trust your coordinators. This is really where CTA fell short.

CCC is not annually breaking-in a new set of key coaches & 20+ new transfers. With the coaching crew following him, this is an even bigger boost to IU FB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT