ADVERTISEMENT

Clubjockey and shameless self-promotion

Maybe, but I don't trust them.

They're so calculating.
You know what Plato said about robots, right?... I forget what it was... Something about forms and morality and nuclear fission... It's in the Republic someplace...

Good for you, homie.
Hey Goat... I couldn't figger out how to do this on the side, so I'll do it here... Believe it or not, I do not have posting privileges on the Premium any more (I know, right?)... Can you link or otherwise let those uppity snooty snoots who think they're too good for us prols know about this thread over there?... Gracias either way...

Hey Goat... I couldn't figger out how to do this on the side, so I'll do it here... Believe it or not, I do not have posting privileges on the Premium any more (I know, right?)... Can you link or otherwise let those uppity snooty snoots who think they're too good for us prols know about this thread over there?... Gracias either way...
Will do.

Congratulations, old friend! Very happy for you, especially because I suspected writing was partially why you disappeared. Your talent is evident; I'm glad you're using it!

Reactions: tried&true
Congratulations, old friend! Very happy for you, especially because I suspected writing was partially why you disappeared. Your talent is evident; I'm glad you're using it!
Yeah... That was a wild ride for sure... Good to see you!

Reactions: trover
First... Yes it's really me for better or worse (and seriously... How many people still actually recognize that sign on name "Clubjockey" anyway? I'm not sure if I hope it's a lot or none to be honest)...

Second... Hi.

Third... I left a really long time ago for a lot of reasons, one of which was to write a book... Which I did... And now, as of today, it's out and available... A real honest-to-God novel of around 95000 words... Which means it's roughly the same length as a regular old Clubjockey post... It's called "the Arts of Legerdemain as Taught by Ghosts", which is a long ass title which is also classic Clubjockian (ha! I made a new word!)...

Fourth... Here's the link to the publishing house with the book http://bellelutte.com which is the "best" way to get it, should anyone want to... It can also be got off Amazon and Barnes and Noble's website or at IndyReads in Indianapolis or all the best bookstores in Austin, Texas (random, I know, but that's the home of my publisher)... Soon perhaps at bookstores in Bloomington and maybe B&N national...

Fifth.... The book is not Clubjockian (I used my new word again!)... Elements of that CJ voice might be there, but it's not funny (it's arguable if any of my posts were funny, I guess) and it has nothing what so ever to do with IU or sports or Bennerville (ask someone that's been on the forums since, like, The mid 90's) or anything else I used to toss out on any of the forums... And I had a copy editor, so it's spelled better...

Sixth... I guess that's it... Um.... Carry on...
Ah, I see it has a New Zealand connection, which is practically Australia, which reminds me of the story of you bangin' the Australian chick in a tent.

Be careful what you post here, due, I have a really bad habit of remembering minutiae.

Hope all is good for you, CJ. I look forward to reading your tome.

Ah, I see it has a New Zealand connection, which is practically Australia, which reminds me of the story of you bangin' the Australian chick in a tent.

Be careful what you post here, due, I have a really bad habit of remembering minutiae.

Australian chick in a tent? Was that the one with the sleeping bags with zombie crabs?

Reactions: ovaltine
When are we going to team up on The Domestic Points Economy?

First... Yes it's really me for better or worse (and seriously... How many people still actually recognize that sign on name "Clubjockey" anyway? I'm not sure if I hope it's a lot or none to be honest)...

Second... Hi.

Third... I left a really long time ago for a lot of reasons, one of which was to write a book... Which I did... And now, as of today, it's out and available... A real honest-to-God novel of around 95000 words... Which means it's roughly the same length as a regular old Clubjockey post... It's called "the Arts of Legerdemain as Taught by Ghosts", which is a long ass title which is also classic Clubjockian (ha! I made a new word!)...

Fourth... Here's the link to the publishing house with the book http://bellelutte.com which is the "best" way to get it, should anyone want to... It can also be got off Amazon and Barnes and Noble's website or at IndyReads in Indianapolis or all the best bookstores in Austin, Texas (random, I know, but that's the home of my publisher)... Soon perhaps at bookstores in Bloomington and maybe B&N national...

Fifth.... The book is not Clubjockian (I used my new word again!)... Elements of that CJ voice might be there, but it's not funny (it's arguable if any of my posts were funny, I guess) and it has nothing what so ever to do with IU or sports or Bennerville (ask someone that's been on the forums since, like, The mid 90's) or anything else I used to toss out on any of the forums... And I had a copy editor, so it's spelled better...

Welcome back CJ...it has been a long long time. I was sorry to see you go away. Good luck with the book.

You remember it kinda fuzzy... But I like your version... I'm not going to be here much.. If at all... I am no longer that guy... Thank god...

Reactions: ovaltine

Second... Hi.

I paid 2 Haitian exorcists and 1 New Orleans whore to make sure you never came back.

WTF?

Reactions: twenty02 and Eppy99

Second... Hi.

Holy shit. It's alive! ALIVE!!

Are you getting to grab more pussy these days since you're famous?

Reactions: twenty02
Trover and CJ in one thread? It must be the end of days. Maybe the end of bad days?

Congratulations, CJ - looks like a good read.
Which one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse am I?... And what are those guys again?... Boredom, cramps, gas, and bad fish?...

Second... Hi.

So your new handle is McNutt. Good to know.

Reactions: Seyton
I've figured this all out now.

CJ is really CKW, and after two years of raising the level of IU's football team to.500 regular seasons he wanted to eliminate the "no OTF posting or lurking" clause that Glass insisted on in his contract extension, but ADFG would have none of it. They work out a deal for CKW to resign, and then CJ reappears here that day.

It all makes all the sense in the world now. All is right with the world. Everybody is happy.

Namaste . . . .

Reactions: ORG and tried&true

Second... Hi.

Congratulations and good luck old friend!

You remember it kinda fuzzy... But I like your version... I'm not going to be here much.. If at all... I am no longer that guy... Thank god...
So you only stopped in to sell a book? Too bad. Always enjoyed reading your stuff. Maybe you could find a balance between posting 10+ times a day and being gone for years? I hope so. This place needs more guys like you.

So you only stopped in to sell a book? Too bad. Always enjoyed reading your stuff. Maybe you could find a balance between posting 10+ times a day and being gone for years? I hope so. This place needs more guys like you.
No... I'm done... My time is past... I have passed the torch... Or whatever... But we'll always have Paris... Or Bedford... Or Oolitic... Or Orleans... Or Mitchel... Someplace we'll always have, I'm sure... Mostly because no one else will take it and we have no idea where to drop off a place for recycling..

No... I'm done... My time is past... I have passed the torch... Or whatever... But we'll always have Paris... Or Bedford... Or Oolitic... Or Orleans... Or Mitchel... Someplace we'll always have, I'm sure... Mostly because no one else will take it and we have no idea where to drop off a place for recycling..
This, uh, isn't how your book reads, is it?

Reactions: Seyton
I thought I saw a similar looking book at a truck stop off the turnpike not too long ago. Mingled in among the contraceptives and religious items.

But I could be wrong.

Hi CJ

Reactions: tried&true
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT