ADVERTISEMENT

Clifton Moore committed

wtf?

they made a FF, E8, and won the conference tourney

we missed the NIT one year

i'm actually starting to think you are like a troll sleeper cell
Nope been a fan since I can remember and I guess some can face facts and realize that we are not the top basketball program. I look at the overall record and OSU has won 5 more games in that stretch and we have two outright conference championships which is more important than a tourney title. So what makes them better is winning two more tournament games since we have went to 3 sweet 16 compared to a FF and a elite 8.

huh? that describes most great coaching careers minus John Wooden's lol

everyone loses in the 2nd round sometimes.

but whatever...7th best program or whatever all-time DESPITE 20 dormant years just makes awight in scott's eyes. BE HAPPY WITH MAKING SOME TOURNEYS LOL
I agree we are around 7th best which is great but some of you guys just can't think there are better programs. Never said I am happy just making the tournament but I can see the team going in the right direction and see that better days are ahead of us. If not then make the change but it would have been terrible to fire him after last year.

Nope been a fan since I can remember and I guess some can face facts and realize that we are not the top basketball program. I look at the overall record and OSU has won 5 more games in that stretch and we have two outright conference championships which is more important than a tourney title. So what makes them better is winning two more tournament games since we have went to 3 sweet 16 compared to a FF and a elite 8.

haha sure...going to 2 sweet 16 games is like going to a final four

winning 3 first round NFL playoff games is like going to the superbowl

bro, your homespun philosophies are jacked

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMobe and T.M.P.
I agree we are around 7th best which is great but some of you guys just can't think there are better programs. Never said I am happy just making the tournament but I can see the team going in the right direction and see that better days are ahead of us. If not then make the change but it would have been terrible to fire him after last year.

again, you are a decent guy scott.

but what you write is trash, 30 years of rooting or not. YOU JUST LIKE TO FIGHT. that is it. pure trash.

welcome back to ignore

haha sure...winning 2 sweet 16 games is like going to a final four

winning 3 first round NFL playoff games is like going to the superbowl

bro, your homespun philosophies are jacked
Did I say that but I said that we have had a comparable last 5 years when looking at the whole picture. I did not say we were better but said the last 5 years have been comparable. If championships is the only thing that matters then OSU season ahs ended with a loss just like ours.

again, you are a decent guy scott.

but what you write is trash, 30 years of rooting or not. YOU JUST LIKE TO FIGHT. that is it. pure trash.

welcome back to ignore
Actually 40 years of being a fan and have loved every minute of it but my self worth is not determined if I think we are an elite program. Some just get so butt hurt if some say that we are not an elite program and don't agree with their point of view. Actually I had put you on ignore for awhile but gave you another chance but I should just ignore you.

Actually 40 years of being a fan and have loved every minute of it but my self worth is not determined if I think we are an elite program. Some just get so butt hurt if some say that we are not an elite program and don't agree with their point of view. Actually I had put you on ignore for awhile but gave you another chance but I should just ignore you.

not butt hurt because you don't think we are UK (even though no one ever said we are). you just drive everyone nuts because you are the least sophisticated poster here. like by a lot. oh, and your facts suck.

but what's to be said about a bball fan who thinks Crean was the same as or better than Matta the last five years.

not butt hurt because you don't think we are UK (even though no one ever said we are). you just drive everyone nuts because you are the least sophisticated poster here. like by a lot. oh, and your facts suck.

but what's to be said about a bball fan who thinks Crean was better than Matta the last five years.
Where did I say better than Matta but I guess with someone who has a reading comprehension problem they would think that. I said we were comparable the last 5 years which is correct. I said I would take Crean over Matta today because it appears that OSU might be on the down swing and Matta's health.

Where did I say better than Matta but I guess with someone who has a reading comprehension problem they would think that. I said we were comparable the last 5 years which is correct. I said I would take Crean over Matta today because it appears that OSU might be on the down swing and Matta's health.

oh ya, comparable...8 tourney wins to 4. hehe..

NO, you didn't say because of Matta's health. you said that because you think the accomplishments are about the same. hahahahaha

oh ya, comparable...8 tourney wins to 4. hehe..

NO, you didn't say because of Matta's health. you said that because you think the accomplishments are about the same. hahahahaha
Show me where I said that. I have used the word comparable in this whole thread and never said better but that is a norm for you. Back to ignore for you since you bring nothing to this discussion.

Show me where I said that. I have used the word comparable in this whole thread and never said better but that is a norm for you. Back to ignore for you since you bring nothing to this discussion.

"we have had a comparable last 5 years when looking at the whole picture"

how are 8 ncaa wins "comparable" to 4, scott?

how are the quarter finals "comparable" to the sweet 16, scott?

please tell us

"we have had a comparable last 5 years when looking at the whole picture"

how are 8 ncaa wins "comparable" to 4, scott?

how are the quarter finals "comparable" to the sweet 16, scott?

please tell us
Where do you get 4 NCAA wins since we have 6 since we went to 3 sweet 16's so I guess your math skills are going as well.

Where do you get 4 NCAA wins since we have 6 since we went to 3 sweet 16's so I guess your math skills are going as well.

my bad but 6 is now equal to 8?

it's 10 wins to 6 if we go back 6 years, but that wouldn't help your argument, would it?

did you know that matta has 23 ncaa wins to crean's 11 AND he took over a worse situation at OSU at a much later date? did ya? of course not.

my bad but 6 is now equal to 8?

it's 10 wins to 6 if we go back 6 years, but that wouldn't help your argument, would it?

did you know that matta has 23 ncaa wins to crean's 11 AND he took over a worse situation at OSU at a much later date? did ya? of course not.
When does comparable mean equal
Winning percentage OSU 73% IU 70%
NCAA tournament OSU 8-4 IU 6-4

Not equal but comparable. this is the last I am saying about this.

Winning percentage OSU 73% IU 70%
NCAA tournament OSU 8-4 IU 6-4

Not equal but comparable. this is the last I am saying about this.

25% more is comparable? oh jesus.

so you really think making 2 sweet 16s equals a final four? wow. hahahahahaha. sure, they are both just 4 wins. hahahahahahaha

Words are not your friend Scott...

Comparable:
  • of equivalent quality; worthy of comparison.
Equivalent:
  • equal in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
So, something comparable is equal in value, amount or meaning. You don't get to arbitrarily decide it's definition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakkasan29
UNC, UCLA, UL UK just to name a few off the top of my head.
So you named 4? That's all you can think of? I'll give you UNC and UCLA but here's how IU stacks up against UK and UL.

All Americans from '71-'00
IU 27
UK 18
UL 12

McD All Americans from '77-'00
UK 27
IU 21
Can't find a # for UL

So once again your argument lacks the facts to back it up.

out right

Who cares... it certainly hasn't helped us in recruiting has it. Seems the recruits all went to MSU. And, I doubt they do it because of conference regular season championships.

Plus, with the unbalanced schedules I think an outright championship should also include a conference tourney championship. Then, and only then, is it something to brag about.

When you claim "outright" and lose in the first rd. and only get a five seed in the tourney, it really doesn't seem to mean much, does it? It certainly didn't mean much to the committee.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
So you named 4? That's all you can think of? I'll give you UNC and UCLA but here's how IU stacks up against UK and UL.

All Americans from '71-'00
IU 27
UK 18
UL 12

McD All Americans from '77-'00
UK 27
IU 21
Can't find a # for UL

So once again your argument lacks the facts to back it up.

IU has averaged one McD All American the last five years. I think that is a little better rate than what happened between 77-00.

Who cares... it certainly hasn't helped us in recruiting has it. Seems the recruits all went to MSU. And, I doubt they do it because of conference regular season championships.

Plus, with the unbalanced schedules I think an outright championship should also include a conference tourney championship. Then, and only then, is it something to brag about.

When you claim "outright" and lose in the first rd. and only get a five seed in the tourney, it really doesn't seem to mean much, does it? It certainly didn't mean much to the committee.

The way we played early in the season factored into the equation as well on our seeding for the tournament.

Unbalanced schedule means that your schedule could be easier or harder than the average schedule, and I do think that if you win the conference by two games then you are probably the best team in the conference? Do you think that there was a better Big Ten team better than North Carolina? I do not think so, and also injuries played a role in our tournament losses as well.

You'd rather have 2 outright Big 10 titles than a FINAL FOUR?

Please tell us that's a typo . . .
I would say yes. An 18 game conference championship vs a 4 game regional final championship. To each his own. Each has its value but for me personally winning the Big is more impressive than winning 4 consecutive games.

You'd rather have 2 outright Big 10 titles than a FINAL FOUR?

Please tell us that's a typo . . .

Please show me where I typed that? I do believe that 11-12 team was playing like the second best team during the tournament, but ran into the best team early in the tournament.

I think that you are trying to split hairs when you are comparing and contrasting the two programs the last five years.

Please show me where I typed that? I do believe that 11-12 team was playing like the second best team during the tournament, but ran into the best team early in the tournament.

I think that you are trying to split hairs when you are comparing and contrasting the two programs the last five years.
We were comparing last 5 years of tOSU and us.

They have a Final Four and Elite 8 appearances. We don't.

Pretty sure when Glass said "make deep runs in the tournament and be elite' he meant more than the last 5 years.

Reactions: fpeaugh
We were comparing last 5 years of tOSU and us.

They have a Final Four and Elite 8 appearances. We don't.

Pretty sure when Glass said "make deep runs in the tournament and be elite' he meant more than the last 5 years.

You always make a habit of minimizing our accomplishments, and they are comparable to what OSU has done the last five years.

The way we played early in the season factored into the equation as well on our seeding for the tournament.

Unbalanced schedule means that your schedule could be easier or harder than the average schedule, and I do think that if you win the conference by two games then you are probably the best team in the conference? Do you think that there was a better Big Ten team better than North Carolina? I do not think so, and also injuries played a role in our tournament losses as well.

You're stuck in ..
giphy.gif

If you would have said our lowly rated schedule and RPI most likely factored heavily, I may take you seriously, but I won't. Of all the possible flaws the early losses probably had the least amount of effect.

You're stuck in ..
giphy.gif

If you would have said our lowly rated schedule and RPI most likely factored heavily, I may take you seriously, but I won't. Of all the possible flaws the early losses probably had the least amount of effect.

The committee always says that they look at the total body of work when they seed teams. We had too many bad losses to justify a higher seeding including the big ten tournament.

You always make a habit of minimizing our accomplishments, and they are comparable to what OSU has done the last five years.
I make a habit of telling the truth.

And the TRUTH is that comparing the last 5 years of IU lags behind when comparing our results with Ohio State. Two deep runs in the tournament for them and us missing post season entirely despite two 5 star players and 7 top 50 kids ought to make that clearly evident.

The committee always says that they look at the total body of work when they seed teams. We had too many bad losses to justify a higher seeding including the big ten tournament.
Two biggest issues that led to #5 seed:

1) poor NC-SOS
2) weak Big 10

Crean can't control #2, but he's had #1 on an annual basis his entire coaching career.

Two biggest issues that led to #5 seed:

1) poor NC-SOS
2) weak Big 10

Crean can't control #2, but he's had #1 on an annual basis his entire coaching career.

Your point number two does not explain why there were Big Ten schools seeded higher than IU when IU was the champion of the Big Ten by two games.

Last edited:
I do agree that our poor sos hurt us in our seedling and doing poorly in the nonconfernce hurt us even more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT