ADVERTISEMENT

Clifton Moore committed

Who???

Just looked him up and it looks like we beat out some mid majors for this kid.

Why so early for a kid like this?

Who???

Just looked him up and it looks like we beat out some mid majors for this kid.

Why so early for a kid like this?
Exactly.

We have one senior who's probably looking at a medical redshirt.

We have two legitimate pro prospects.

We have 3 commitments, two from kids ranked outside the top 100.

We're still recruiting Wilkes and Waters (and Scruggs).

I have to agree with you - why are we taking Moore now?

Reactions: BigMobe
We needed a big for that class and he fulfills that need. Hopefully, we land Wilkes and waters, and Scruggs is just an after thought.

Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
We needed a big for that class and he fulfills that need. Hopefully, we land Wilkes and waters, and Scruggs is just an after thought.
We need a good big, not just a big. Priller is a big. What need does he fill?

The timing of this is really perplexing. Wondering if Crean isn't hedging his bets against the likely outcome of some still open recruiting battles. What a head scratcher.
We needed a big in this class. Hopefully we found a diamond in the rough here. We need Wilkes badly though.

This is a mix of Priller, Capo, Bawa, Jurkin, Tijan, Parea, and Guy Marc mixed into one. Why not take another?

He did not play with any big time AAU team which lead him to be unranked is my understanding. Lets see him on the court before comparing him to other players. Looks like that his biggest need is adding strength and that can be added with the right conditioning program. All this sky is falling cries are quite comical.

He did not play with any big time AAU team which lead him to be unranked is my understanding. Lets see him on the court before comparing him to other players. Looks like that his biggest need is adding strength and that can be added with the right conditioning program. All this sky is falling cries are quite comical.
Honestly though..wouldn't you think IU would be recruiting st a higher level at this point in creans tenure than he is? This isn't a knock on any recruit because they "may" all turn out to be good college players but 3 commmitts
Outside the top 100 is a little surprising .

Clifton Moore is one of the prospects that escaped me this summer. Had offers from Ole Miss, St. John's & others. Heard really good things.
@evandaniels

Honestly though..wouldn't you think IU would be recruiting st a higher level at this point in creans tenure than he is? This isn't a knock on any recruit because they "may" all turn out to be good college players but 3 commmitts

I have loved Crean's classes the last two years, so I will give him the benefit of doubt until I see how this class plays out on the court.

I have loved Crean's classes the last two years, so I will give him the benefit of doubt until I see how this class plays out on the court.

I will admit that in 2015 I was bummed when we only had OG and Morgan and felt just a bit better when we signed TB. Who knows...maybe this will also work out (especially if we get KW). No " this is unbelievably awesome" signings but it is a stretch, as done above, to compare these guys to Bawa, Priller, Capo or Tijan.

Poster up top is correct in that hes not ranked because he didnt play on the shoe circuit for AAU so coaches really weren't aware of him. Evan Daniel and Brian Snow have come out and said that all there contacts say that Moore is better than a lot of top 100 guys. Whether thats true or not, i have no idea.

Ah yes recruiting by numbers...that's the ticket! ;)

Poster up top is correct in that hes not ranked because he didnt play on the shoe circuit for AAU so coaches really weren't aware of him. Evan Daniel and Brian Snow have come out and said that all there contacts say that Moore is better than a lot of top 100 guys. Whether thats true or not, i have no idea.
...Moore also held offers from Northwestern, Boston College, Ole Miss, George Washington and Temple among others. Pitt, Xavier and Villanova were all showing interest....

So this mid major stuff is just bunk!
......but he wouldn’t leave Hoopdreamz, the program he’d played with since elementary school.

“He never left us when all the shoe-company teams came, because of the relationships with our guys,” said Moore’s coach, Jonathan Michels. “I don’t know if there’s one thing you can put your finger on. He’s a religious kid, and he’s really a family kid. For him, it’s just a matter of being some place and getting that feel that it feels right.”...

Must be right!

Reactions: schmib
The guy was 6'2'' freshman guard as a freshman and now is 6'10". Crean is making a bet that he will get stronger. That is way different than making a bet that he can learn how to become athletic and/or learn how to play basketball. As we have seen neither of those are a good bet to make.

Also see that he has an offer from Princeton. There is real value in having student-athlete role models. Compare that to the numb-nuts who took TB drinking his first week of school.

Reactions: Frosty83
That is well known among the AAU circuit. One of the reason he rising. Not saying i like it because Williams isnt as good as some on this board think he is.

Reactions: schmib
That is well known among the AAU circuit. One of the reason he rising. Not saying i like it because Williams isnt as good as some on this board think he is.
What is well known in the AAU circuit. I'm pretty in tune with the AAU circuit and I have never heard any mention of Moore and for sure never heard of the two compared as students or kids. One of my buddies coaches AAU and has never even heard of Moore,

You better find better connections then . The matchup between Moore and Williams is how IU found out about Moore. In that particular matchup Moore was the better player.

You better find better connections then . The matchup between Moore and Williams is how IU found out about Moore. In that particular matchup Moore was the better player.
You are just taking what youn read in the front page article. It just stated Moore had 20-12 against Malik's team. It didnt say what the score was or what Malik did.

Love this commitment for Indiana. #1 He wants to come to IU. #2 His answers to the questions were thoughtful and positive about why he is coming here. #3 He is a young man of high character and as long as the coaches have players who want to be part of something more than themselves, IU has been fun to watch. #4 The first two recruits in 17 are incredible athletes and Clifton brings skill and size with the potential to get a lot bigger. This gives IU balance in all positions.

He has something to prove beyond getting to the NBA. He is interested in the Kelly School of Business. These are the kinds of players that IU always had when they would knock off Kentucky who had 5 guys going to the NBA every year. I like that we are getting back to classic Indiana types of players.

Also see that he has an offer from Princeton. There is real value in having student-athlete role models. Compare that to the numb-nuts who took TB drinking his first week of school.
Who took the numb nuts who took TB drinking out drinking? Just wondering...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT