ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Guardians

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
Meh.

When I lived in the Cleveland (Brecksville) area in the early 80s they could have named them the Cleveland Snowstorm, given all the mind-numbing lake-effect snow.

The team was so bad, the stadium such a joke and the crowds were non-existent the sports talk guys said they could save time by announcing the names of the fans in the stands rather than the starting line-ups.

Meh.

When I lived in the Cleveland (Brecksville) area in the early 80s they could have named them the Cleveland Snowstorm, given all the mind-numbing lake-effect snow.

The team was so bad, the stadium such a joke and the crowds were non-existent the sports talk guys said they could save time by announcing the names of the fans in the stands rather than the starting line-ups.
I have an interesting connection with the Cleveland “Guardians.” Back in the late 80’s I started working with a guy named John Jacobs and I knew he was from Cleveland, but it wasn’t until several months later that I found out he was the son of one of the two brothers who owned the Indians. Great guy to work with, but at the time he was an alcoholic and would get very loud and obnoxious when sauced. I remember a group of us going to a comedy club one time and he heckled the comic on stage. It was very embarrassing.

Reactions: Excellent Post
I have an interesting connection with the Cleveland “Guardians.” Back in the late 80’s I started working with a guy named John Jacobs and I knew he was from Cleveland, but it wasn’t until several months later that I found out he was the son of one of the two brothers who owned the Indians. Great guy to work with, but at the time he was an alcoholic and would get very loud and obnoxious when sauced. I remember a group of us going to a comedy club one time and he heckled the comic on stage. It was very embarrassing.
Their stadium used to be called 'The Jake'. Don't know if that name is still used.

Meh.

What are they guarding? The place is a dying shithole

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT