ADVERTISEMENT

The Naval Academy

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
TMFT Jr and I drove to Maryland last night. Since we were coming in early we decided to go straight to Annapolis and see the Naval Academy.

If you ever go to Maryland I recommend it. Annapolis is beautiful in the area around the academy and the Yard and the buildings are just gorgeous.

University of Maryland’s campus was fine. The biggest surprise to me is that they don’t really have any parking lots around the stadium. You could almost literally trip on the sidewalk, fall, and hit the stadium. It’s RIGHT on the street.

From the outside looking in, it looks like the shorter side of stands is really heavy with premium seating options. I’m curious to see how it looks tomorrow.

Go IU!

TMFT Jr and I drove to Maryland last night. Since we were coming in early we decided to go straight to Annapolis and see the Naval Academy.

If you ever go to Maryland I recommend it. Annapolis is beautiful in the area around the academy and the Yard and the buildings are just gorgeous.

University of Maryland’s campus was fine. The biggest surprise to me is that they don’t really have any parking lots around the stadium. You could almost literally trip on the sidewalk, fall, and hit the stadium. It’s RIGHT on the street.

From the outside looking in, it looks like the shorter side of stands is really heavy with premium seating options. I’m curious to see how it looks tomorrow.

Go IU!
Did you visit John Paul Jones crypt? There's real life history.

Did you visit John Paul Jones crypt? There's real life history.
Didn’t make it that far. Junior is 9, and the tour was dragging for him.

Probably also didn’t help that we passed like 3 ice cream shops on the way in and I told him we’d try some in the way out.

After driving 10 hours though, I was pretty punchy and didn’t protest too hard about going to the hotel and catching a nap.

Didn’t make it that far. Junior is 9, and the tour was dragging for him.

Probably also didn’t help that we passed like 3 ice cream shops on the way in and I told him we’d try some in the way out.

After driving 10 hours though, I was pretty punchy and didn’t protest too hard about going to the hotel and catching a nap.
Too bad... It's pretty cool and to have the inspirational father of the US Navy interred on site is really special. I'm glad they brought him home where he belongs...

Go IU!
They do have a multi-level garage next to the stadium but football traffic is totally horrible. And, there is very little parking near the basketball arena. Both athletic facilities are right in the middle of the campus and were not built on the fringe of the campus.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Good to know. Our game starts at noon and we’re staying in an AirBNB that’s about a 15 minute walk to the stadium. Hopefully it’s not raining.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT