ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard

I can't say that I ever did anything illegal or dishonest while in the service and can't think of a single instance when I'd have needed to in order to get the job done, and we got the job done throughout my 26 years. I was a senior officer, so much of what I did was important enough. I'd love to hear some examples of the illegal and dishonest stuff you did while in the military.

Also, what the game is now and what it was when Sampson was cheating and Knight was not, is irrelevant.
I used the autovon,the military phone to call my wife for free. She was at Lowry AFB at tech school and I would call her while I was at Grissom AFB. It was.wrong to use the phone for non military purposes, but I was poor and in love.

Reactions: CriticArisen
WWould
Exactly....Just like I don't think anyone condoned the actions of KS. Sometimes, even if we don't agree, we accept---especially when it comes to , well, sports. To question someones integrity/morals, for accepting how things are, is silly.

I do not condone stealing---but I can accept why some do it. Does that put my integrity into question?

EDIT---TBH my friend, I just have a hard time with those who approach life with the , "holier than thou" stance. It reaks of hyprocisy.
Would you accept it if someone stole from you?

WWould

Would you accept it if someone stole from you?
The Jean Valjean question and yes I would conditionally. People after a theft often say-They must need it more than me. If they do it out of desperation then most people are good with it I believe.

I keep hearing about the "drug/gun" issues. So I have to ask----Was this being overlooked, UNTIL KS got whacked(again) with the calls/text? Or.....was IU willing to look the other way with the texts/calls, but then uncovered the other issues, i.e drugs and guns, scholastic issues?

TBH, either way, its not a good look for IU. At all.
It sounds like the Sinaloa Cartel was involved and that makes no sense to me. If there were widely known flagrant violations of weapons laws why did campus security or local law enforcement not involve themselves. Eric Gordon said there was drug use and Sampson tried to stop it. I can’t imagine IU couldn’t provide counseling services if abuse was a problem.

Eric Gordon is still playing well at 35 years of age.

Through this season $180 million in career salary so he must be scraping by.

Last edited:
You have cases like Rick Majerus sanctioned (counseling and recruiting visits reduced by 75%) for meeting with players and paying for pizzas and running back Arian Foster receiving tacos from an Asst Coach when he was hungry and had no money. Sometimes your conscience requires you to break the rules.

Beating the puke be a better phrase? I mean I’m all for it but Knight had multiple players quit and leave because of his abuse. We forget about this?? No dinner, run around and puke in the trash cans. Lol. He would have been in jail today for what he did, and that’s not a stretch.
I'd have played for him in a heartbeat, given the chance.

Something else was brewing too. Knight controlled a lot of the endorsements. The Athletic department wanted those sponsorships very badly. Knight was a purist and a control freak. He didn’t want anything in assembly hall. Money played some part in this.
Yep…I was amazed at how quick the commercialization of The Hall took place. And from a basketball fan perspective…not for the best

I used the autovon,the military phone to call my wife for free. She was at Lowry AFB at tech school and I would call her while I was at Grissom AFB. It was.wrong to use the phone for non military purposes, but I was poor and in love.
Criminal. That could be authorized, by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT