ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Mayoral Primary Tomorrow

There are things in the ‘city of big shoulders‘ you just can’t make up …

Mayor Lightfoot: 'I misspoke' when telling voters who don't vote for her not to vote at all

EXCLUSIVE: Chicago inmates claim jail guards are pressuring them to illegally vote in the mayoral election

One reporter expects Lightfoot to make the runoff in a field of 9 candidates

I think Chicago needs a law and order candidate to win
Lightfoot has an approval rating that's probably within the margin of error from zero. If she makes the runoff, something is seriously wrong.

Any finish above last is an indictment of ‘machine’ politics and patronage spoils. (In my opinion).
Not sure I'd go quite that far. Incumbency alone will earn her a few supporters, and with nine total candidates, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them truly suck ass.

But there has to be at least two who can finish well ahead of her.

But I'm sure you know better than me. I don't really follow Chicago politics. I just know Lightfoot is widely seen as a disaster, and I'd be shocked the voters would give her even a remote shot at continuing to screw things up.

Not sure I'd go quite that far. Incumbency alone will earn her a few supporters, and with nine total candidates, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them truly suck ass.

But there has to be at least two who can finish well ahead of her.

But I'm sure you know better than me. I don't really follow Chicago politics. I just know Lightfoot is widely seen as a disaster, and I'd be shocked the voters would give her even a remote shot at continuing to screw things up.

“I'd be shocked the voters would give her even a remote shot at continuing to screw things up.” … is what makes it the machine/patronage indictment… only the ‘city job‘ patronage bloc has any semblance of an excuse.

7:30 a.m. -- Chicago Board of Elections says early voter turnout is strong

According to the CBOE, the word "strong" might be a bit of an understatement.​

"We have received the highest amount of prelection voting we have ever seen for a Municipal Election" Election officials said Monday.

Here's a breakdown of where voter turnout currently stands as of Monday evening, and how it compares to previous years.

For reference, there are 1,581,564 registered voters in Chicago.

2023:

• Total ballots received so far: 211,110
  • Total in-person early vote ballots: 131,806
  • Total vote-by-mail ballots received: 112,774
  • Outstanding mail-in ballots yet to arrive: 100,843 (vote-by-mail application number currently stands at 213,617
  • Total citywide turnout so far: 13.3%

Reactions: 76-1
giphy.gif

LL still in 3rd with 89% reported.

Closed the gap a little but still too far behind with 98% reported.

Last edited:
LL alienated enough Democrats to lose as an incumbent mayor, as expected.
This rarely happens in Chicago.
Democracy survived LL. Hopefully the runoff winner aims to restore law and order.

• Wow
Reactions: dr.jb and Lucy01
Democracy survived LL. Hopefully the runoff winner aims to restore law and order.
Glad to see the Human anomaly has lost her reelection bid. Why in the world would a gay woman ever pick her as a partner?

Reactions: Indianaftw
not likely

but you have to start somewhere

Just don't anyone say "Beetlejuice" 3 x and click your heels together or she may magically show up in your city...

Reactions: TomEric4756
Beetlegone Beetlegone Bettlegone. She gone. You won't hear anything from her again, untill she's a new member of the US senate, or there's a tragic accident involving a Unicycle and a Pogo stick.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT