ADVERTISEMENT

Chairman of Joint Chiefs thought Trump might attempt a legit coup

sorry i was wrong. yes he was one of hte first ones who breached the door to the capitol
and apparently was brandishing a knife. by accounts he was one of hte main offenders. q and all that shit. he wasn't sentenced (i was wrong) he was released and put on home detention and the judge noted that his lack of awareness as to where he was played a role in his release to home detention and that same evidenced the fact that he couldn't have planned the attack.

again judges can factor in anything they want at sentencing and like this case above (altho not sentencing yet) i trust they will.

Just read about him in another article. As you suggested, the judge cut him slack because he's an idiot, not because he claimed to be a patriot.

If a defendant who entered the building and is charged with obstructing Congress is able to successfully proffer "patriotism" as a mitigating factor at sentencing, send me a link to the story and I will eat crow. But I'm confident that's not going to happen -- not once.

Just read about him in another article. As you suggested, the judge cut him slack because he's an idiot, not because he claimed to be a patriot.

If a defendant who entered the building and is charged with obstructing Congress is able to successfully proffer "patriotism" as a mitigating factor at sentencing, send me a link to the story and I will eat crow. But I'm confident that's not going to happen -- not once.
I think you’re already seeing it in the charges that have been filed. And again I think you will continue to see it at sentencing. No judge is going to write that these people are patriots in an order but I guarantee you the facts etc contemplate same as opposed to invading Neiman. It’s baked into the case. And again not all will be treated the same. It’s not a one size fits all but if you don’t think there are COH’s on the bench you’re naive

I think you’re already seeing it in the charges that have been filed. And again I think you will continue to see it at sentencing. No judge is going to write that these people are patriots in an order but I guarantee you the facts etc contemplate same as opposed to invading Neiman. It’s baked into the case. And again not all will be treated the same. It’s not a one size fits all but if you don’t think there are COH’s on the bench you’re naive

Of course it's not one size fits all, but the degree of sentencing discretion possessed by judges is limited by the federal sentencing guidelines. And, with respect to the ideology of the judges, these defendants (unfortunately for them) are in DC, not down south somewhere.

And if "patriotism" is to be proffered by any defendant, it's not going to be hidden. It'll make its way into the PSR and/or be discussed in open court at the time of the plea and/or sentencing.

If someone tries to explain their bad behavior away by claiming patriotism, that's not accepting responsibility, and prosecutors and judges don't like defendants who don't accept responsibility.

Again, at least 200 of the 500+ January 6 defendants have already been charged with obstructing an official proceeding of Congress. If any of these defendants formally presents "patriotism" as a defense (and I don't mean in the media; I'm talking about in court) or in support of a reduced sentence - - or if a judge indicates that they're cutting a defendant slack because he's a patriot - - let me know.

Of course it's not one size fits all, but the degree of sentencing discretion possessed by judges is limited by the federal sentencing guidelines. And, with respect to the ideology of the judges, these defendants (unfortunately for them) are in DC, not down south somewhere.

And if "patriotism" is to be proffered by any defendant, it's not going to be hidden. It'll make its way into the PSR and/or be discussed in open court at the time of the plea and/or sentencing.

If someone tries to explain their bad behavior away by claiming patriotism, that's not accepting responsibility, and prosecutors and judges don't like defendants who don't accept responsibility.

Again, at least 200 of the 500+ January 6 defendants have already been charged with obstructing an official proceeding of Congress. If any of these defendants formally presents "patriotism" as a defense (and I don't mean in the media; I'm talking about in court) or in support of a reduced sentence - - or if a judge indicates that they're cutting a defendant slack because he's a patriot - - let me know.
federal judges have discretion to deviate from the fed guidelines despite their mandatory appearance. we'll circle back but i guarantee, guarantee, the sentences will be light for the vast majority of defendants and the facts surrounding this event will be implicitly considered. they broke a law(s). they aren't getting off. but....

federal judges have discretion to deviate from the fed guidelines despite their mandatory appearance. we'll circle back but i guarantee, guarantee, the sentences will be light for the vast majority of defendants and the facts surrounding this event will be implicitly considered. they broke a law(s). they aren't getting off. but....
The sentences will be light for the defendants who accept responsibility and plead - - like the guy from Florida I spoke about earlier. Have a good weekend. Over and out.

You have your opinion and I have mine. We're not Democrats who are required to march in lockstep.

He is presiding over a cluster**** of a withdrawal from Afghanistan. He should be concentrating on that instead of crowing about how afraid he was of a coup when he didn't do a damn thing about it. He walked across Jefferson Square in his fatigues, for God's sake, with Trump. Talk about grandstanding. Does anyone think he's ready for personal combat?

As I mentioned previously, if the military is worried about a coup, there are some things they can do to prepare for it. Canceling leaves, positioning of troops and material, hardening of assets - things he can do within his authority without countermanding any Presidential order. Did he do any of that?

This isn't 1812, where capturing the Capitol means you've overthrown the government. It didn't even happen in 1812. The idea that the protesters on 1/6 were going to overthrow the government is ludicrous.
There was no coup attempt on 6 JAN. That wasn’t what the Flag Officers were concerned with.

I’ve read that and I agree with much of it, but it in no way supports your statement that the US Navy would be “blown out of the water” by China. That’s not reality.
Danc never lets reality get in the way of his worthless posts.

I’ve read that and I agree with much of it, but it in no way supports your statement that the US Navy would be “blown out of the water” by China. That’s not reality.
OK, agreed. Hyperbole on my part.

However, I believe it points out some very concerning issues that, if continues, could lead to a defeat if it comes to non-nuclear war.

Air Force, eh? So he didn’t serve in the military. Sorry, Bing! ;)
Mr. Bing was Air Force? I thought he was Army.

I had an Air Force roommate one time. It was interesting, comparing their jobs and training with ours.

I will say this - they are very professional, at least the ones I knew.

Air Force, eh? So he didn’t serve in the military. Sorry, Bing! ;)
I work with 2 former marines. If I want to insult them, I ask them about their time in the Navy. 😀

Works every time.

Note-I’m not saying one service is better than the other. I’m a pasty white guy who’s never served, so I wouldn’t know. I’m just saying they take it as an insult.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I work with 2 former marines. If I want to insult them, I ask them about their time in the Navy. 😀

Works every time.

Note-I’m not saying one service is better than the other. I’m a pasty white guy who’s never served, so I wouldn’t know. I’m just saying they take it as an insult.
Marines are part of the Naval Service and work within the Department of the Navy so it’s not very inaccurate. Naval officers include Navy officers and Marine officers. That’s something I’ve reminded my Marine colleagues of on occasion. The Navy-Marine Team is a formidable thing.

More nonsense from you. The authors are Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists. They're credible, unlike the people who write the crap that you lap up.
Don't insult my good friend Lucy!
Everybody knows that Pulitzer was a radical left. If you want to be credible, you should quote authentic sources like Fox News, QAnon,, and Donald Trump, the man who never lies!

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Marines are part of the Naval Service and work within the Department of the Navy so it’s not very inaccurate. Naval officers include Navy officers and Marine officers. That’s something I’ve reminded my Marine colleagues of on occasion. The Navy-Marine Team is a formidable thing.
Thanks for the info; I didn't know that, but then I am not very versed in military things.
Having said that, I have never encountered a Marine or an ex-Marine officer, who claims/claimed to be a Navy officer.

Why was Jan 6 chosen?

Why the afternoon of Jan 6th?

Why was Mike Pence a target?

So many convenient coincidences in this "impromptu march"!!! Even caches of impromptu pipe bombs...
:rolleyes:
And don't forget the impromptu cable ties!

You never know when you'll be just walking down the hall of a government building and need cable ties to organize a dangerous tangle of extension cords.

man-accused-bringing-zip-tie-riot.jpg

Thanks for the info; I didn't know that, but then I am not very versed in military things.
Having said that, I have never encountered a Marine or an ex-Marine officer, who claims/claimed to be a Navy officer.
Not Navy, Naval.

Irrelevant. There is aa clear demarcation between those who were criminally dumbassed, and those who knew better.
Every school child is taught to be careful who he hangs out with or he may be blamed too if someone in the group commits a bad act.

The Jan. 6 crowd was surely taught this as part of their "family values" upbringing. They have no excuses.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
And don't forget the impromptu cable ties!

You never know when you'll be just walking down the hall of a government building and need cable ties to organize a dangerous tangle of extension cords.

man-accused-bringing-zip-tie-riot.jpg
I’m sure that one guy was the leader of the revolution. All of the others were waiting outside for the signal that he captured, well somebody, at which time all members of the GOP would have descended on the Capitol.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I’m sure that one guy was the leader of the revolution. All of the others were waiting outside for the signal that he captured, well somebody, at which time all members of the GOP would have descended on the Capitol.🙄
Yeah, I don't know about you, but when I see someone with cable ties. I run! Obviously a baaa-aaad man!

lmao all of these militias present yet one cap police shooting. yeah these well armed militias sure had the intent to take over. they were at applebees by 4 for happy hour pricing
You always have to take issue with what I write... I thought when I said "tens of thousands" got caught up in the moment that I was basically laying the blame for the planning elsewhere. And you keep referencing people like the QAnon Shaman and the guy who thought it was the WH when the post of mine that you replied to basically dealt with the Oathkeepers and PB charged with conspiracy...

In fact, the FBI is still looking for about 300 people and some of those may be the people facing the most serious charges. They just arrested one of the Oathkeepers who was part of that formation you see marching up the steps in every video on July 6, and this is what the release from the DOJ says...

"According to court documents, Moerschel and others planned and participated in an operation to interfere with the certification of the electoral college vote on Jan. 6, and coordinated with others in advance, using websites and social media to recruit other participants before traveling to Washington. As alleged, Moerschel joined and participated in an invitation-only encrypted Signal message group titled “OK FL DC OP Jan 6.” Moerschel also attended GoToMeetings with individuals affiliated with the Oath Keepers, with session names such as “ok florida,” “florida dc op planning chat” and “dc planning call.”

On Jan. 6, Moerschel was captured on surveillance footage with other Oath Keepers, including charged defendant Kelly Meggs, walking towards the eastern façade of the Capitol at 2:27 p.m. Moerschel joined in a military-stack formation of individuals moving up through the crowd toward the east doors of the Capitol. Moerschel and others from the stack were captured on surveillance video inside the Capitol shortly after the Capitol’s east Rotunda doors were breached around 2:40 p.m.

The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Department of Justice National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section. Valuable assistance was provided by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida."

You always have to take issue with what I write... I thought when I said "tens of thousands" got caught up in the moment that I was basically laying the blame for the planning elsewhere. And you keep referencing people like the QAnon Shaman and the guy who thought it was the WH when the post of mine that you replied to basically dealt with the Oathkeepers and PB charged with conspiracy...

In fact, the FBI is still looking for about 300 people and some of those may be the people facing the most serious charges. They just arrested one of the Oathkeepers who was part of that formation you see marching up the steps in every video on July 6, and this is what the release from the DOJ says...

"According to court documents, Moerschel and others planned and participated in an operation to interfere with the certification of the electoral college vote on Jan. 6, and coordinated with others in advance, using websites and social media to recruit other participants before traveling to Washington. As alleged, Moerschel joined and participated in an invitation-only encrypted Signal message group titled “OK FL DC OP Jan 6.” Moerschel also attended GoToMeetings with individuals affiliated with the Oath Keepers, with session names such as “ok florida,” “florida dc op planning chat” and “dc planning call.”

On Jan. 6, Moerschel was captured on surveillance footage with other Oath Keepers, including charged defendant Kelly Meggs, walking towards the eastern façade of the Capitol at 2:27 p.m. Moerschel joined in a military-stack formation of individuals moving up through the crowd toward the east doors of the Capitol. Moerschel and others from the stack were captured on surveillance video inside the Capitol shortly after the Capitol’s east Rotunda doors were breached around 2:40 p.m.

The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Department of Justice National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section. Valuable assistance was provided by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida."

My post was re a well armed militia. Not zip ties. Guns, ammo, automatic rifles, a shootout. You’re softer (or more full of it) than AOC - how’d you survive the summer of love? Oathkeepers. Good grief. Worry about real shit. How many kids will be shot across America tonight. Or why the Dems want to spend 3.5 tril with inflation. Or control private content. Authoritarian and scary. Take care of your own burning house that impacts our daily living instead of fixating on stupid shit

Last edited:
LOL. Tom Cotton.
The report was at Cotton, and others' request. Just look at the first page.

It was written by Lieutenant General Robert E. Schmidle, USMC, Ret. & Rear Admiral Mark Montgomery, USN, Re

Are they writing what Cotten tells them to?

It was written by Lieutenant General Robert E. Schmidle, USMC, Ret. & Rear Admiral Mark Montgomery, USN, Re

Probably.

I think Aloha knows the state of our Navy. Just because China has more ships doesn't mean they will "blow the US out of the water". And since you are incapable of linking anything that is from someone other than a total wacko, here is an article from the Navy Times about just that subject:

You really are not an informed person.

• Haha
Probably.

I think Aloha knows the state of our Navy. Just because China has more ships doesn't mean they will "blow the US out of the water". And since you are incapable of linking anything that is from someone other than a total wacko, here is an article from the Navy Times about just that subject:

You really are not an informed person.
Sure, let's take Aloha's word for it over a Lieutenant General and a Rear Admiral.

And you think I"m uninformed? lmao!

Gotta love the fact that about 90% of your stupid posts are the laughing emoji, which is essentially your stamp saying "I can't argue with your facts, but I'm going to act like I know what I'm talking about."

You're Mr. Dunning Kruger.

• Haha
Sure, let's take Aloha's word for it over a Lieutenant General and a Rear Admiral.

Aloha was the Commander of a nuclear US Cruiser, you moron.

Gotta love the fact that about 90% of your stupid posts are the laughing emoji, which is essentially your stamp saying "I can't argue with your facts, but I'm going to act like I know what I'm talking about."

You're Mr. Dunning Kruger.
A laughing emoji can mean different things, such as "Your post is funny" or "You're so full of shit, I can only laugh".

Guess which one I meant on your posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

Yes, you are uninformed on virtually every subject posted on this board. You cannot deal with facts because you don't have facts to back up your nonsense. Oh, here's another article about US Naval strength vs. China.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Yeah, I don't know about you, but when I see someone with cable ties. I run! Obviously a baaa-aaad man!
Actually, Ted Bundy would have benefitted from cable ties. He didn't have them and was caught with precut lengths of rope.

Don't downplay this, or it will look like you've thought about it too much.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT