ADVERTISEMENT

CBK - How good was he?

This popped up, and got me thinking back to the 80’s. What a great time period...

I know it’s easier when you have MJ on your team, but CBK on top of his game right here.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/1...ba-all-stars-in-preparation-for-the-olympics/
He made MJ cry by criticizing his play after an Olympic game. Said Mike should apologize for letting the team down, guess he took it to heart. fwiw - They had a lot of respect for each other. MJ always praised RMK, and Bob called him the best he'd ever seen.

Jordan also bet Alford $100 he wouldn't last all 4 years because of how critical Knight was. He lost and paid the bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketo and abraxis
He made MJ cry by criticizing his play after an Olympic game. Said Mike should apologize for letting the team down, guess he took it to heart. fwiw - They had a lot of respect for each other. MJ always praised RMK, and Bob called him the best he'd ever seen.

Jordan also bet Alford $100 he wouldn't last all 4 years because of how critical Knight was. He lost and paid the bet.
I don’t doubt that. CBK would have been a tough coach to play for. But he would pull out the best in a player if they stuck with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT