ADVERTISEMENT

Cavanaugh still around?

this right here (in BOLD).

You can't play D? You don't play - under Woody, anyways. Guys that don't D up aren't going to see the floor often, if ever.

Miller was supposed to be a defensive guru with the packline, but even with adjusted efficiency in KenPom he never was ranked higher than 26. Woody already has the Hoosiers top 15 and hasn't had the time to bring in guys that can fully implement his system. Wait until guys like Newton are here; it's gonna be fun.
I wish you would’ve realized this about Archie when the rest of us did.

I hope you are right. BUT, this is the 5th time this century I have been told, "just wait 2-3 years till Coach ------'s system is in place, it's gonna be fun". Well, after 20 years, it has not been very f%^k$n^ fun yet!
Our fanbase has a habit of building statues for every coach before they’ve won anything.

I’ve been on a vacation for a few months so haven’t been here to see if that Cavanaugh guy has been around to face the music. I heard his criticism of Romeo for 3 years and heard all summer and fall that Bates was going to be much better as a freshman. Let’s compare.

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

Romeo averaged the 3rd most points as a freshman in IU history (with a hurt wrist). He was 2nd team All Big Ten and #14 draft pick. I’m not criticizing Bates at all, seems like a good kid and could have a good career. But he’s further away from Romeo Langford than Romeo is from Michael Jordan.

So I’m just wondering if Cavanaugh is around to face the music and maybe tone down his Romeo hatred and guarantees from now on.
The thing shaped like a magnifying glass is a “search” tool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT