ADVERTISEMENT

Cavanaugh still around?

Fpeaugh2

Sophomore
Mar 16, 2021
I’ve been on a vacation for a few months so haven’t been here to see if that Cavanaugh guy has been around to face the music. I heard his criticism of Romeo for 3 years and heard all summer and fall that Bates was going to be much better as a freshman. Let’s compare.

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

Romeo averaged the 3rd most points as a freshman in IU history (with a hurt wrist). He was 2nd team All Big Ten and #14 draft pick. I’m not criticizing Bates at all, seems like a good kid and could have a good career. But he’s further away from Romeo Langford than Romeo is from Michael Jordan.

So I’m just wondering if Cavanaugh is around to face the music and maybe tone down his Romeo hatred and guarantees from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I’ve been on a vacation for a few months so haven’t been here to see if that Cavanaugh guy has been around to face the music. I heard his criticism of Romeo for 3 years and heard all summer and fall that Bates was going to be much better as a freshman. Let’s compare.

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

Romeo averaged the 3rd most points as a freshman in IU history (with a hurt wrist). He was 2nd team All Big Ten and #14 draft pick. I’m not criticizing Bates at all, seems like a good kid and could have a good career. But he’s further away from Romeo Langford as Romeo is from Michael Jordan.

So I’m just wondering if Cavanaugh is around to face the music and maybe tone down his Romeo hatred and guarantees from now on.
If Romeo was any good, The Celtics would have kept him today. Instead he got traded. Overrated.

Reactions: kunkrj
Yup he’s only making $3.8 million this year and $5.4 million next year as one of the top 0.00000001% of players in the world. He’s not any good.
I really don’t think he is any good.

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

Romeo averaged the 3rd most points as a freshman in IU history (with a hurt wrist). He was 2nd team All Big Ten and #14 draft pick. I’m not criticizing Bates at all, seems like a good kid and could have a good career. But he’s further away from Romeo Langford as Romeo is from Michael Jordan.

You're probably the last person on here that should ever be talking about guarantees.

That’s because you expected him to be 1996 Michael Jordan as an 18 year old with a hurt wrist and a clown for a coach. That’s not his fault. He plays in the NBA…he’s pretty good.
How dare you speak the truth on this Forum?

Seriously, great posts man. Thank you for dealing in facts.

You're probably the last person on here that should ever be talking about guarantees.
Like this one??

fpeaugh said:
I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Like this one??

fpeaugh said:
I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!
Weren’t you the one who guaranteed Archie was a future HOF coach who would win multiple titles at IU?

Like this one??

fpeaugh said:
Different person?

Nah. He couldn’t handle the heat from posters like you and left a long time ago.

I think he’s living in the basement of the house Billy Donovan and his wife bought in Bloomington a while back.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

I6NrTlG.gif

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

Go farther. Stay longer. I'm sure the board could start a "go-fund-me" and everyone here who has to suffer your blather would be happy to make a contribution.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. No Ord, no Fpeaugh - it was like the rest of us had a vacation as well.

On the other hand, please keep jabbing at Cav. Really light him up. Piss him off. Get under his skin. Give it to him good. He's a mod now and if the rest of us are really lucky, he'll shit-can your sorry stupid ass for a long time.

Romeo:
16.5 ppg
5.4 rpg
2.3 apg
45% FG%

Bates:
4.0 ppg
1.1 rpg
0.7 apg
35% FG%

That was an Ordy length time out for you. He lasted a week on the re entry let’s see how you fare.

Tamar Bates will be considered better at basketball than Romeo Langford. I say that still, with all the confidence in the world.

Romeo just got traded with another player AND a first round pick for Derek white. I’ve never heard that name in my life. Romeo is about done in the nba and will not get a second contract, just like I predicted when he got drafted.

Reactions: Lucy01
Tamar Bates will be considered better at basketball than Romeo Langford. I say that still, with all the confidence in the world.

Romeo just got traded with another player AND a first round pick for Derek white. I’ve never heard that name in my life. Romeo is about done in the nba and will not get a second contract, just like I predicted when he got drafted.
You can’t actually believe this. Just own up to how wrong you were and move on.

Derrick White is what Romeo could be in a few years, which is a pretty solid player.

White actually started out at a D2 school and later transferred to Univ of Colorado. I only know this because that’s where I work and people love him here.

the trade can only do him good and give him a new lifeline...he had slipped out of the rotation in Boston recently and was going to waste away on the bench for the remainder of the season.

this actually could be the best thing for Romeo, He had better step it up in San Antonio or he is done in the NBA. If he handled his money well kid still has a bright future.

He will get a second contract. Bates has a LONG way to go to even get to the NBA. He’s been very disappointing this year.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2

Perhaps some day. Tamar may have individual talent, but I'm not sure he knows how to play in a team concept. I have a friend who used to say that Will Sheehey would be a great college player had he played HS ball in Indiana. Kids can learn to play anywhere, but you have to admit that the reason Indiana kids usually do very well is because they learn how to PLAY the game here and benefit from better coaching and development. Galloway is who he is because he played Indiana HS basketball and I bet if Bates had come out of Indianapolis and played HS ball there he'd be a lot further along in his basketball development.

I love when people say player X is great because they make 3-4MM which is way more than the local Joe Schmo bricklayer.

People knock Romeo because he’s a hype machine who will never come close to his ceiling. I’m not convinced he even likes basketball.

It’s probably 50/50 if he gets another deal in the NBA. He will have made some nice bank and will go on to a nice life. That’s great.

People are still riding the Bates hype train? Have fun connecting those dots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT