ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel Mayor Race

oh we'll be there someday. don't you worry about that. you and me and hooky and lars and twenty and jdb and brad in his flat bill. i imagine when we walk in together, as a group, we'll be comped bottled service so they can use our pics on the socials. leave your money at home
Don't take Brad to Old Town Tavern wearing that hat backwards.

I was in there one night with Mike Roberts, so you know how big he is, and the owner came up from behind him and reached for his hat, which was backwards. Mike twisted around with his fist clinched.

Roberts about ended the owner's evening.

It got a little testy, and Mike was completely in the right. He said it was his bar, and he do what he wanted. Mike told him if you lay hands on me again, we'll test that theory.

We switched bars. OTT has bad food, so it's not a place we frequent.

I was in there one night with Mike Roberts, so you know how big he is, and the owner came up from behind him and reached for his hat, which was backwards. Mike twisted around with his fist clinched.

It got a little testy, and Mike was completely in the right. He said it was his bar, and he do what he wanted. Mike told him if you lay hands on me again, we'll test that theory.

who is mike roberts? basketball or football? brad is much too polished and polite for such shenanigans. in keeping with your bar story my uncle fist fought the great steve stipanovich in a bar in college. my uncle peaked early too

who is mike roberts? basketball or football? brad is much too polished and polite for such shenanigans. in keeping with your bar story my uncle fist fought the great steve stipanovich in a bar in college. my uncle peaked early too
You know that tall guy who played basketball at IU?

He's a college coach now, has been for awhile.

You know that tall guy who played basketball at IU?

He's a college coach now, has been for awhile.
got it. i don't remember him. i don't watch iu basketball or any college really at this point other than a few minutes here and there.

Lol...OTT is a weird place... Tiny dive that I think still allows smoking in there.

Lol...OTT is a weird place... Tiny dive that I think still allows smoking in there.
One of three that do, OTT, Nippers and Jimmy B's. Nippers it the goto since Stacked Pickle closed and Brockway's longtime bartenders got 'jobs'.

Nippers actually has really good bar food and great pours. The only issue is smoke. Best wings in Carmel too.

Reactions: larsIU
It's an outdoor bar. That's it. It's above a restaurant that charges about $75-$180 for steak. It would be a good hang if they didn't overcharge for and under pour their drinks.
How to tell everyone you can't afford it without saying you can't afford it.

• Haha
Reactions: sluggo69
Also, here is what could be at stake..

Moms 4 Liberty is funded by the Heritage Foundation. Hillsdale College drive for charter schools is funded by the Heritage Foundation. M4L's goal is to create enough discontent in suburban public schools to drive families to future, potential charter schools.

Locally, they have tried twice to open a charter school in Carmel and Pike Township. They are 0-2.

Carmel / Hamilton County doesn't need an in person charter school, taking funds away from the excellent public schools in the county, certainly don't need it the way Hillsdale/M4L/Heritage Foundation are trying to create it. Create a false sense of urgency that public schools in Hamilton County are failing (laughable), while trying to take advantage of a state law allowing a charter school to 'buy' an unused school for $1.

Carmel blocked Hillsdale's effort to take over Orchard Park Elementary in court. They put a couple of offices in there and some janitorial supplies. **** Hillsdale and M4L.

Below is the article I pulled the above quote from:
FYI:

Moms for Liberty finds itself at the center of a heated Indiana mayoral race https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...ter-of-a-heated-suburban-indiana-mayoral-race

What’s interesting is demographics in Carmel have been changing. I can’t speak to the pace and when this began but when Jennifer Williams (Miles sister) won a seat on the council it signified some shifts. The Nelson family are Jewish and most Jews that have moved from Washington Twshp to Carmel have settled in West Carmel. If Miles becomes the first Jewish mayor of Carmel it’s big, but understand Mayor Brainard has always been a huge supporter of our Jewish community. Every year Carmel has a Holocaust remembrance event that may rival any small city in the country.

On a side note I’m bias as the Nelsons were friends, nearby neighbors and we carpooled to Sunday school. Miles dad, Max, May he rest in peace may have been the most recognizable Jew in Indianapolis. He owned and ran the only Jewish mortuary for years until his death. His daughter Jennifer has taken over the family business.

What’s interesting is demographics in Carmel have been changing. I can’t speak to the pace and when this began but when Jennifer Williams (Miles sister) won a seat on the council it signified some shifts. The Nelson family are Jewish and most Jews that have moved from Washington Twshp to Carmel have settled in West Carmel. If Miles becomes the first Jewish mayor of Carmel it’s big, but understand Mayor Brainard has always been a huge supporter of our Jewish community. Every year Carmel has a Holocaust remembrance event that may rival any small city in the country.

On a side note I’m bias as the Nelsons were friends, nearby neighbors and we carpooled to Sunday school. Miles dad, Max, May he rest in peace may have been the most recognizable Jew in Indianapolis. He owned and ran the only Jewish mortuary for years until his death. His daughter Jennifer has taken over the family business.

This Jennifer, she a cougar? Single?

The board has a friend that could be visiting sometime soon, right Murt?

• Haha

Why have a lot of Washington Twp people moved to Hamilton County in your opinion ?

Why have a lot of Washington Twp people moved to Hamilton County in your opinion ?
Not eppy, but it's for a few reasons in no particular order.
  • Better Schools (debatable)
  • Lower Taxes
  • Safer (real or perceived)
  • Better infrastructure
  • Overall quality of life/amenities
  • Roundabouts

• Lower Taxes
  • Better infrastructure
  • Roundabouts
When we moved back to Indy after spending 10 years away in St. Louis and Cincy we came back to a city that clearly had infrastructure issues. The schools didn’t mean as much to us since we were determined to send them to a Jewish day school. When we looked at neighborhoods we saw areas that had clearly gone downhill from when we once lived in greater Indy. It just didn’t feel right to invest where we once lived. And by the time we were ready to move back so many Jewish families we already knew had already migrated north. Interestingly the center of the Jewish community from an organization standpoint hasnt made the move and that’s a whole other discussion.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
When we moved back to Indy after spending 10 years away in St. Louis and Cincy we came back to a city that clearly had infrastructure issues. The schools didn’t mean as much to us since we were determined to send them to a Jewish day school. When we looked at neighborhoods we saw areas that had clearly gone downhill from when we once lived in greater Indy. It just didn’t feel right to invest where we once lived. And by the time we were ready to move back so many Jewish families we already knew had already migrated north. Interestingly the center of the Jewish community from an organization standpoint hasnt made the move and that’s a whole other discus

My family has a lot of teachers, administrators who attended the wash twp schools. Still a lot of old money there, schools still decent but changing. I would still think best school district in Indy proper. A lot of people have gone north for safety, infrastructure, and athletics, and to get away from the riff raff. Those are the reasons I'm told. It's a shame cause some of those areas are beautiful. Comparable to Shaker Heights maybe but not as old. I've talked to a few people on the left who have moved because of those reasons but still vote democrat.

Last edited:
FYI:

Moms for Liberty finds itself at the center of a heated Indiana mayoral race https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...ter-of-a-heated-suburban-indiana-mayoral-race
Of course they are. Those of us who live and pay attention have known this since the fall of 2021. It was Unify Carmel then. It's most of the same people, other than people from other parts of the counter.

Their goal, flat out, is to siphon kids from public schools into Hillsdale/Heritage Foundation funded charter schools. They need suburban families to believe the schools are failing, and they will create any fake outrage they can.

I have little complaints about Brainard's tenure as mayor and am a huge proponent of Carmel's growth. I was part of the developer community that built into West Clay and loved watching that grow too.

I think Miles is fighting an uphill battle due to his party affiliation. While Trump lost Carmel by nearly 11 points, Spartz won her seat as a US Rep, despite most thinking she was in trouble. I don't know what 'winning handily' means, but she was about 2 points behind heading into the final week yet, IIRC, won by 4 points.

We're a generation away from Carmel truly being purple (blue vs. red). They won't support an idiot like Trump, but there are enough gray hairs who blindly vote GOP for it to get interesting.

As for mayor, the M4L issue is a wedge issue for me, and Pinkham won't speak down to them. A small group of us put in some time to oust Unify Carmel. In that a couple of the higher ups are actually Carmel people vs. a fraud like Alvin Liu, they're still around in M4L collecting those Heritage stipends.

Check this crackpot out:

Reactions: Eppy99
  • Lower Taxes
  • Better infrastructure
  • Roundabouts
If you're a smart and competitive kid, you can get the same education at NC as you can Carmel.

West Clay gave people with money in the area opportunities upsize or downsize in newer built, more modern construction. That's part of it too and likely falls under the category of quality of life/amenities. The development in the center of Carmel also provides that, but I don't know its impact re: religious demographics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT