ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Furst

I think that's harsh, but I do think it's probably frustrating as a Coach to watch him make shots in practice and not take them in games. He's just a team player who still contributes in many other ways. He's currently Charlotte's starting center. He's got a new Coach this year so maybe he'll bring it out in him. He's a Pop disciple, and if anyone could, I think it would be Pop.

He’s a professional basketball player, of course he can hit jumpers in practice.

He can’t hit them when the speed ramps up in game otherwise he would. The fact that people like you cling to this notion of a Cody jump shot because they saw him drain a couple in a Washington Basketball Game 5 years ago is ridiculous.

TJD would not have the mental lapse Cody did against Illini on last second play. TJD will be better all-around player and I like Cody. He was special but not Jeffries special.
All players have mental lapse at some time. Think Chris Webber calling time out in a very big game when they didn't have one. I just hope that TJD is as good as Cody was, Cody was special.

I love TJD...but I would take Cody 1000 times out of 1000 over him going into their senior years.

Zeller would foul TJD out by the half.

Zeller was one of our best post players, probably THE best post player and recruit since Jeffries in 2000.

I've never seen a player impact winning as much as Zeller did.
Agree 100%. I even preferred him over Anthony Davis and he totally neutralized and outplayed Davis in the UK games. Cody comparisons should pretty much cease.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Can’t blame that on Cody - that one was on Yogi

Wat and Yogi's guys crossed, Wat switched and Yogi stood there watching the paint dry. But...actually this is on CTC. You're tied with 0.9 sec left and ball out on the side near opponent's basket. you have an AA 7 footer on your team. Why do you have him out of the lane covering a guy on the 3 pt line? Cody should be in the lane, near the hoop with hands up . We were taught this in 4th grade.

Actually pretty crafty little play set up by that spaz Groce.

Reactions: hondo314 and kkott
He’s a professional basketball player, of course he can hit jumpers in practice.

He can’t hit them when the speed ramps up in game otherwise he would. The fact that people like you cling to this notion of a Cody jump shot because they saw him drain a couple in a Washington Basketball Game 5 years ago is ridiculous.

You can't hit them if you won't take them. Just because he doesn't feel comfortable taking it and passes to a teammate doesn't mean he can't hit it. It's kind of a moot point, because he's never felt comfortable taking them since college, but I still think it's something the right coach could pull out of him and I believe he's a capable shooter if he would.

Just like Zach McRoberts. He was capable, as evidenced by his team leading 3 pt % last year, but has just been deferring til now. CAM is coaching him to take the open 3 and he went 2-3 in the exhibition and I think will continue to be encouraged to do so for the rest of the year, even if it's not his normal inclination.

Wat and Yogi's guys crossed, Wat switched and Yogi stood there watching the paint dry. But...actually this is on CTC. You're tied with 0.9 sec left and ball out on the side near opponent's basket. you have an AA 7 footer on your team. Why do you have him out of the lane covering a guy on the 3 pt line? Cody should be in the lane, near the hoop with hands up . We were taught this in 4th grade.

Actually pretty crafty little play set up by that spaz Groce.

Was thinking the exact same thing at the time. More classic Tom Crean "brilliance" . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: IUgradman
You can't hit them if you won't take them. Just because he doesn't feel comfortable taking it and passes to a teammate doesn't mean he can't hit it. It's kind of a moot point, because he's never felt comfortable taking them since college, but I still think it's something the right coach could pull out of him and I believe he's a capable shooter if he would.

Just like Zach McRoberts. He was capable, as evidenced by his team leading 3 pt % last year, but has just been deferring til now. CAM is coaching him to take the open 3 and he went 2-3 in the exhibition and I think will continue to be encouraged to do so for the rest of the year, even if it's not his normal inclination.

So I’m assuming his coaches recognize his great jump shot ability, but none of them have been able to coax it out of him during games?

Or it’s Cody that’s too scared to shoot them even though his coach is insisting?

You realize most NBA bigs are expected to take and hit mid range jumpers now days and Cody STILL doesn’t do it.

Keep waiting on that jumper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT