ADVERTISEMENT

Bush League BS

Woody allowing this kind of silly crap to continue embarrasses the whole program... (and yeah, I know Klesmet rolled his sweaty head on Gunn to draw the reaction but anyone with an ounce of discipline doesn't bite on that)...
He starts laughing when he butts heads with a coach on the sidelined. He baited him for sure. Everyone has antics, that guy looks like a mini Luka. CJ had a clear moronic moment tho.

I'll see my way out of here. Just wanted to see if all IU fans have seen the light with these flagrants. I guess not. Enjoy Woody and his players for another year.

Woody allowing this kind of silly crap to continue embarrasses the whole program... (and yeah, I know Klesmet rolled his sweaty head on Gunn to draw the reaction but anyone with an ounce of discipline doesn't bite on that)...
It is silly crap, but you know who else tolerated that type of behavior for years?

Wisconsin.

They had the dirtiest play in college basketball a few years ago - Brad Davison. You think Wisconsin was the least bit embarrassed by him? Hell no - they celebrated him.

I don't want to get into a whole racial thing here, but it seems like when black guys do it, they're 'thugs'. When white guys do it, they're 'hard nosed'.

I am in no way justifying what Gunn did. It was stupid and makes the team look bad. But I'm not going to condemn a 19 year old for a harmless swipe to a guy that was harassing him.

It is silly crap, but you know who else tolerated that type of behavior for years?

Wisconsin.

They had the dirtiest play in college basketball a few years ago - Brad Davison. You think Wisconsin was the least bit embarrassed by him? Hell no - they celebrated him.

I don't want to get into a whole racial thing here, but it seems like when black guys do it, they're 'thugs'. When white guys do it, they're 'hard nosed'.

I am in no way justifying what Gunn did. It was stupid and makes the team look bad. But I'm not going to condemn a 19 year old for a harmless swipe to a guy that was harassing him.
Nobody is condemning him. He's just an undisciplined idiot and not the only one on the team. Say whatever you want about Davison but he didn't hurt his team.

Reactions: Zeester

Wisconsin.

Stupid Flagrants are becoming a theme with this team...

I'd love it if we'd see them routinely knocking the opposition on their butts while blocking out or stepping in to stop a drive to the basket but all we've seen from this group in terms of "toughness" is silly, phony, sh-t like this...

If he'd gone after him while actually attempting to play a little D I'd be a Lot more sympathetic...

The joker played our guy like a violin because he knew he could... Zero self discipline equals the result we saw and that goes right back to Woody when you see it happen more than once...

Stupid cheap shots don't equal smart basketball and reflect poorly on the entire program in my opinion.

Nobody is condemning him. He's just an undisciplined idiot and not the only one on the team. Say whatever you want about Davison but he didn't hurt his team.
Oh bullshit. He's being condemned plenty for it.

If the refs called the fouls against Davison they should have, it sure as hell would have hurt the team. He'd have been kicked out of games.

Stupid Flagrants are becoming a theme with this team...

I'd love it if we'd see them routinely knocking the opposition on their butts while blocking out or stepping in to stop a drive to the basket but all we've seen from this group in terms of "toughness" is silly, phony, sh-t like this...

If he'd gone after him while actually attempting to play a little D I'd be a Lot more sympathetic...

The joker played our guy like a violin because he knew he could... Zero self discipline equals the result we saw and that goes right back to Woody when you see it happen more than once...

Stupid cheap shots don't equal smart basketball and reflect poorly on the entire program in my opinion.
I don't disagree at all and I said it was stupid.

But Wisconsin is not pure as the driven snow when it comes to dirty basketball.

This^^.

On a positive, Coach Woodson stated during the post-game presser that they just need to keep working. Keep working…….
Or I’ve just got to get these guys to…….?. Well start getting them to……..? It’s not game 1 anymore.

Exactly. Woodson should have gotten angry at the Wisconsin bench for forcing the officials to review something they didn't even see.
They saw it. They jumped up and pointed when Klesmet threw his head back in an exaggerated fashion. And there are half a dozen camera angles available on instant replay watching everything that happens on the floor. The days of doing stuff behind the official's back are over.

Reactions: kkott

Wisconsin.

Davidson could actually play, though.

And who called him a thug?

Reactions: Spartans9312
Davidson could actually play, though.

And who called him a thug?
From a perspective the outcome helps my team either way. The Wiscy player warranted some punishment for baiting Gunn. I believe one of the announcers said something about these games are on tv and that you can't get away with that stuff. Gunn and X aren't representing what once was IU basketball.
I know this year is it for X but I'm starting to wonder how many of these guys stay if this nonsense is unchecked.
You deserve better.

Last edited:
They saw it. They jumped up and pointed when Klesmet threw his head back in an exaggerated fashion. And there are half a dozen camera angles available on instant replay watching everything that happens on the floor. The days of doing stuff behind the official's back are over.
Every IU fan saw that Klesmit instigated by wiping his face on Gunn's jersey, yet somehow the officials missed that.

Wisconsin.

This, is the problem. You just justified it and brought in race to boot. This team is undisciplined, not coached well at all and has no character. We must recruit the dumbest players around.

Gunn deserved a Flagrant 1 not a 2. The officials have to be looking to nail IU players. Edey elbows harder several times a game and never gets called. Sissoko from MSU nailed Omurayi from Rutgers in the jewels while clearing out the other night for a shot and after review the officials said play on. So why wasn’t Klesmit given something?

Gunn deserved a Flagrant 1 not a 2. The officials have to be looking to nail IU players. Edey elbows harder several times a game and never gets called. Sissoko from MSU nailed Omurayi from Rutgers in the jewels while clearing out the other night for a shot and after review the officials said play on. So why wasn’t Klesmit given something?
The elbow was to the head. That cannot be tolerated by the league.

Sidebar: Anyone watching live saw the whole thing. Even before the sweaty head thing, there was a shot of Gunn and he did not have a good look on his face. The first thing that crossed my mind was that he looked annoyed at being out there.

Reactions: bbafficionado
Every IU fan saw that Klesmit instigated by wiping his face on Gunn's jersey, yet somehow the officials missed that.
You wanted a foul called for what Klesmit did? I'm pretty certain he was saying shit with his head down too. That was gamesmanship that goes on in most stoppages and I saw WI players making comments like that all night. You can't elbow a guy in the head, no matter how weak it was. Just another dumb moment.

I turned it off after the first half. I take it Gunn swung at somebody. Did he get ejected?
It appears, under Woodson, we are developing a reputation.
If Woodson had dealt with X’s ejection more sternly, would Gunn have controlled himself? Is this just the type of players we now recruit?
Any predictions on when (or if) admin gets involved?

I just found a replay on u tube. It did not seem that bad to me. Only one angle and the Wisconsin guy should not have done what he did. But it was really more pushing the guy away than anything else.
Was there more to it?

Reactions: TC4THREE
I just found a replay on u tube. It did not seem that bad to me. Only one angle and the Wisconsin guy should not have done what he did. But it was really more pushing the guy away than anything else.
Was there more to it?
Nope, it was weak, but it was an elbow to the head... during a stoppage... in front of the WI bench and cameras.

The elbow was to the head. That cannot be tolerated by the league.

Sidebar: Anyone watching live saw the whole thing. Even before the sweaty head thing, there was a shot of Gunn and he did not have a good look on his face. The first thing that crossed my mind was that he looked annoyed at being out there.
Not to get into a pissing match but after watching five times I would never call it a ‘shot’. That wouldn’t have hurt a small kid. And the look on his face was one of a guy that pulled a royal flush with a large pot sitting on the table. Completely ono emotional.

Not to get into a pissing match but after watching five times I would never call it a ‘shot’. That wouldn’t have hurt a small kid. And the look on his face was one of a guy that pulled a royal flush with a large pot sitting on the table. Completely ono emotional.
But it was to the head. It could have been much more violent, but to another part of the person be a lesser call. They need to protect the head. Difficult for them to say, well it was to the head but it’s ok because this one wasn’t a “shot”.

Nope, it was weak, but it was an elbow to the head... during a stoppage... in front of the WI bench and cameras.
I agree with your post of “impressively stupid”.
I wonder how many guys will transfer?
I wonder how many guys can’t wait for the season to end?
I wonder if Woody is one of them?

Reactions: bbafficionado
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT